shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers, Good Wishes, and Dust all Accepted!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
He looks pretty cute!

Who would be so darn rude as to reject you as a doggie mama?? :-o :???:

Good luck!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Deb. I really hope that sweet lab comes home to you.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I sincerely hope this works out for you, Deb. Good luck.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes on the adoption of this sweet pup, Deb! Anyone can ‘buy’ a pet, but it takes a special soul to adopt one that has a troubled past and requires patience, understanding and loads of love. All the best to you! :wavey:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
good luck and thank you for offering him a wonderful home to write the next, best chapter of his story in :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I continue to appreciate your good wishes. People from the rescue continue to communicate with me, although they still have not checked my references. I champing at the bit for them to that! They told me that the dog had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever but was cured of it. I asked for more information so that I could be vigilant for signs of its recurrence although I also asked that my vet be given the dog's history. Both the rescue and I are now copying my vet on medical information about the dog, now. For instance, he has one weak leg and I asked if they though physical therapy could help it and the coordinator, who is a vet tech, though that it or work with a chiropractor could help to get rid of the scar tissue on the leg and strengthen it. I want my vet to be aware of everything we can do for that boy. I am now getting very anxious to "get" him and want to know "for sure" that he will be mine! (Even though that is not even sealed once I have him. There is a two week foster period before I can adopt him to make sure he adjusts well to my home!)

Deb :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, you are SUCH a thoughtful dog parent! This pup is going to be lucky to live with you, and you'll love having him!

Q

Queenie60

Sending good thoughts your way Deb. What a lucky pup to have hit the jackpot with you! I hope all works out. Take care.:wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I hope that he end up with you!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vet and her partner, who is also her husband, is going to be out of town for a week starting in a few days. I was therefore on tenterhooks worrying that the rescue wouldn't reach her before she went away. But they have reached her, so that part is done! She has given me the references I need and sent any records they need. I just wrote to ask her if they had needed physical records on Griffin. :))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still with fingers and toes crossed for you AGBF!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At this point they'd be crazy not to let you adopt him! On the other hand, maybe they are hoping you will adopt more than one. You are so conscientious.:))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust for both you and the dog...he/she will be one lucky dog if he/she gets you as an adopter! Hoping it all comes together real soon!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Prayers continue.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers continue.

And prayers were answered in a way that has made me very, very happy indeed. Thank you all so much for those prayers and that dust (Pricescope dust is the best!) and those good thoughts and vibes! I got an e-mail this afternoon that the dog was mine and that I could change his name. I had not wanted to post the name the rescue had been using out of a paranoid fear that someone reading about him (not a Pricescoper, of course!) would snatch this precious pup away from me if he learned his name! But he had been called "Nashoba".

Now Nashoba, or "Shoba" as they were calling him, can be renamed. I am beside myself with joy! Thank you all so much for going on this journey with me. I believe I will have to wait until July 16 to see him because he has to be transported from Oklahoma. I discussed driving there to get him, but it might be more traumatic for him to have me do that since he already knows the transport driver.

Thank you all so much again!

Deb :wavey:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's awesome! !! Happy for you both!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you Deb! Lots of pictures when you get him...I'm sure you both will be very happy!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! This is perfect news!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This wonderful news made my day! I'm delighted for you and your pooch who is going to get an awesome mom.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - how exciting for you! I am so glad this worked out for you and the pup - he will love you and his new home. This is just wonderful!!!!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Things are looking up!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very excited. Only two people here know, my daughter and my best friend. I had e-mailed my best friend with the news, but she hadn't gotten the e-mail. She has been a reference for me since she has known me forever (well, 50 years) and since she and her husband are extremely active in animal rescue.
She called me tonight although she hadn't gotten the e-mail and it was just great to talk to someone about the new dog. She is now worrying about how I can visit her, though, since I cannot bring another dog into her several packs (she has ten dogs and three cats now and they have to be separated from each other). I told her that if luck is still with us my daughter will do as she has promised and be able to take care of our new dog by herself for a few days at a time. That way she can take care of him at home and she will not be lonely when I visit in Maine. And I will be free to sleep with the two Malamutes whom she fears will be broken hearten if I were to show up there and not sleep with them because, she claims, they think I am theirs. ;))

Too many dogs is excellent thing. As long as you can care for all of them, of course. :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF I would LOVE to cuddle overnight w. malamutes. Such sweet fluffs!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Deb! Awesome news for you and that sweet pup! :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF I would LOVE to cuddle overnight w. malamutes. Such sweet fluffs!

My best friend got a couple of candids of one of them, Ace, with me on the bed we shared. Ace is the one who was afraid of the one and a half pound chicken. He and his sister both lay on top of me at the same time one night, one across my chest and one across my legs. I was lengthwise in the bed and each of them was crosswise! I am always freezing in Maine so I wear long underwear under my pajamas and a sweater on top of them. The two Malamutes ate my Calvin Klein down coat on my last trip. I bought a new one on eBay when I got back to Connecticut. I look scruffy as all get out. It's hard not to living in a house with ten dogs! Much as I love to visit there, I also like to go back home, too. :))

FullSizeRender(1).jpg FullSizeRender(4).jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg I am SO. JEALOUS!!!!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awesome news!!!!! congrates!!!!!!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium