shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers, Good Wishes, and Dust all Accepted!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, everybody! First of all, I am not undergoing a tragedy. I have, however, been trying to adopt a dog and so far I have not met with any success. As some of you may know, my Newfoundland, Griffin, died last year. It was a hard year for me because my father also died. I was certainly not ready to get a new dog right away. But I am ready now. I am hoping, since I have not, yet, been rejected for this dog, that perhaps I will have my application for this one accepted. So I am going public about him although no one has said a word of approval about him to me.

Here are some pictures and some history. As I wrote above, all prayers, good wishes, and dust will be accepted!

He is listed as a Lab mix. here is what he has to say for himself. :))

"I am an 80 lb Lab. I am great with dogs and kids, although I haven't been around cats. I am housetrained and crate trained. I am well behaved and very sweet. I love entertaining myself with toys but I love playing with my dog and human companions. I am currently working on sit and speak! A little backstory: I was found in the woods of Oklahoma and my scars are result of my previous owner mistreating me. My scars are healed and I haven't let my past define me!"

YellowLabMix1.jpg YellowLabMix2.jpg YellowLabMix3.jpg YellowLabMix4.jpg

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

Last edited:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heaping on all the good vibes possible! That looks like a future "good boy" to me.:))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust, Dust and lots more DUST! He looks like a little sweetheart Deb. I hope we see a post saying this little baby is your baby.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope this works out for you and that sweet pup!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DUUUUUUST!!! What a good and precious boy. You SO deserve this pup, and he deserves you. Wishing you both the best.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He looks lovely, everything crossed he becomes yours.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I so hope he becomes yours! Beautiful boy!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice fellow!. Gook luck!

Annette

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good things happen to good people like you. Good luck and can't wait to hear the good news.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good luck!!!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a sweet pooch! He deserves a good human!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That dog is beautiful. Sending lots of good thoughts your way!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF sending bucketloads of good luck dust and good wishes your way. So excited for you!

FairyDust.GIF GOODLUCKDUST.GIF

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loads of dust. He is adorable.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
He's so cute!! I hope you get him!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of dust and puppy love to you, Deb!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust from me and Lucky!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh he’s gorgeous. I hope you get some good news soon and will have lots more photos of him at home with you to post

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are a shoe in

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Poor dogie, Prayers outgoing that you get selected to be his human mommy!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Deb. He looks like a nice boy. I miss pics of Griffin and I think of you when I look at my Nic. He is getting old, has cataracts, and has a hard time getting up the stairs on some days. I will be devastated when it is his time.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cutie! Sending prayers for you both! I probably shouldn't reveal what I think about his abusers.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, best of luck! Hope the boy finds a wonderful new life with you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Deb. He looks like a nice boy. I miss pics of Griffin and I think of you when I look at my Nic. He is getting old, has cataracts, and has a hard time getting up the stairs on some days. I will be devastated when it is his time.

God willing, that will not be for many years and he will not be in pain during those years he has, dear red!

Hugs,
(((red and Nic)))
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cutie! Sending prayers for you both! I probably shouldn't reveal what I think about his abusers.

Why not? Unless you think it was the president (and I doubt it was). One is not allowed to make threats against the president, but other dog abusers are, I believe, fair game.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
"My scars are healed and I haven't let my past define me!" I love this. hope he'll be yours.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb, did you (once) have a golden lab...biscuit? Forgive me if memory fails.

Much success to you on your search for a pooch. He looks like a sweet friend.

cheers--Sharon

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:Wishing you tons of luck in obtaining this adorable baby boy!!!!!!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not? Unless you think it was the president (and I doubt it was). One is not allowed to make threats against the president, but other dog abusers are, I believe, fair game.

I try to take "thought, word, or deed" very seriously. Animal abusers, child abusers, and our POTUS really put my thoughts to the test.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a long phone call with the adoption coordinator for the rescue handling this dog. She was lovely and I didn't feel that on the first go round there were any problems that came up.

For one thing this dog, unlike many others about which I have inquired, was available for adoption and I did not have to be put on a waiting list!

For another thing, nothing blatant seemed to come up in the first phone call that screamed "problem". (In the case of one available dog, a female mastiff/cane corso mix it turned out the dog could jump our fence because it isn't high enough. Even at her young age. Also: she wasn't only 97 pounds as the description had said, she was already 115 pounds. So I wouldn't have time to make a higher fence as she got older if she needed it. I would have to do a new one now or deal with a strong dog being leash walked and possibly bolting at cats or other animals and being protective unless I invested thousands in a fence right now. The rescue was reluctant to let this girl come to me and I, ultimately, agreed with them.)

So, all I can say is that no negatives such as that this dog is very protective and leaps high fences have yet come up! (The mastiff/cane corso had a sad story, too. Her owner was very ill with cancer and had to give her up. When she did the dog was separated from two of her offspring who had lived with her all their lives. So she had many losses, her owner and her two companions. The shelter said she was "heartbroken". I couldn't bear it and wanted to help her. but it wouldn't have helped her if I couldn't have managed her and she had a problem in my home, too.

So I hope both dogs get good forever homes, and I hope one of them is in my home! (The Lab, since the other dog will be taken care of.) :))

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results