shape
carat
color
clarity

PP August 2013 Specials

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1376591554|3503887 said:
Within minutes, the pieces I was eyeing were sold. Maybe that's for the better...

Hey, the metallic drop necklace was oversold, and PP offered complimentary earrings when they get new stock in September(?). I thought its a sign that y'know, it's not fated so I asked to cancel my entire order. Need to follow up cos no email back since. (For Cc refund etc).

Anyways, I have to admit I felt very disappointed and a tad peeved at first (since I went on the chat at like almost 2am in the morning and asked for help in getting matched earrings etc) but after cooling down I think perhaps its for the better cos I can get a better head start for the Oct jewellery show kitty/war chest. ::)

Still fun to see what everyone got and I hope the babies that I eyed stayed in the PS family.

PS Lurkers... Yes I know you are reading this... It's time to share and show your beauties! :Up_to_something:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL ICY JADE! You are the best! THANK YOU!

B-you know you're on deck.

4RG, thank you so much! That means a lot.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor|1376714973|3504691 said:

Most welcome! :D

You know, if there is a thread for us to share other PS-er's pearls that we really love, your new souffle will definitely would go there. :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It seems unfair that Icy Jade -- starter of this thread -- got nothing (so far).

Okay, got to get to bed fellow pearl peeps -- peace out!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
mrs. taylor and bsomlo I absolutely LOVE both of your new souffle pendants and look forward to your reiews :appl: :appl:

fly girl Oh my goodness, your Edison and aubergine Kamoka pendants are incredibly beautiful!!!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1376715283|3504693 said:
mrs. taylor|1376714973|3504691 said:

Most welcome! :D

You know, if there is a thread for us to share other PS-er's pearls that we really love, your new souffle will definitely would go there. :appl:

That is so nice.

And that would be a good thread. Long, and deliciously awesome.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor|1376746062|3504781 said:
And that would be a good thread. Long, and deliciously awesome.

Creating a new thread is not hard... :naughty:
What shall we call the thread tho? I am bad with names... :nono:

Oh ya... And...

bsomlo|1376715757|3504697 said:
It seems unfair that Icy Jade -- starter of this thread -- got nothing (so far).

Somehow not meant to be with PP - like some cosmic karma not aligned or whatever. Partly why I didn't even try for the 2nd batch of specials. :(sad

I am taking nicer pics of my collection to console myself btw. :tongue:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photographing-my-pearls.192475/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photographing-my-pearls.192475/[/URL]

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
You can just assume that everything you own will be on there. I want a Pearls Hall of Fame thread. We have a "Show Me Your Pearls" but it's hard to wade through. Hall of Fame would be a cool way to showcase how many different kinds of pearls there are, how many colors and how many creative ways you can use them.

Perhaps redundant, but when I get bored I love scrolling through picture threads. :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
"Hall of Fame" sounds like a good title. We could post our most special, most favorite pearls.

At this point mine would be my Fire Goddess fireball pendant, and my exquisite 26" hanadama strand -- opposite ends of the pearl spectrum. Glorious, glowing uniformity and crazy wild baroque-ness.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor|1376757142|3504855 said:
You can just assume that everything you own will be on there. I want a Pearls Hall of Fame thread. We have a "Show Me Your Pearls" but it's hard to wade through. Hall of Fame would be a cool way to showcase how many different kinds of pearls there are, how many colors and how many creative ways you can use them.

Perhaps redundant, but when I get bored I love scrolling through picture threads. :love:

Mrs T: PHOF is a great name! :appl:

But think we need some ground rules (so that its more pics and less chatter)... How about if each pearl pic is accompanied by the link to the original thread where the pic came from? Like how the engagement ring folder/eye candy thread started? I guess if the few of us are disciplined enough, even new posters/PS-ers will get the idea next time? Then the chatter can continue on the original threads, while the eye candy doesn't get diluted by chatter?

I.e. add this for every pic/piece posted: "For full details and additional pictures from original thread, click on this link:"

As a PHOF so perhaps it should be a nomination from others, like any of us can nominate Baby Monster's ripples (that launched a few hundred/thousand? ripples) but Baby Monster can't nominate her own pearls... There is always the "Show Me Your Pearls" if anyone wants to post pics of their pearls (or they can always create new threads). ::)

Am off to bed... Let me know what you think and if you haven't created the new thread by the time I wake, I can do it in my day.
:snore:

bsomlo said:
"Hall of Fame" sounds like a good title. We could post our most special, most favorite pearls.

At this point mine would be my Fire Goddess fireball pendant, and my exquisite 26" hanadama strand -- opposite ends of the pearl spectrum. Glorious, glowing uniformity and crazy wild baroque-ness.

Bsomlo: I volunteer to personally post your Fire Goddess. It's spectacular and definitely a PHOF-er! :D

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
sounds good to me. I also have some requests for people. There are some that have AMAZING pieces that I can't find original threads on!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
You are the best!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- nice to wake up to! Thanks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We arrived back home today after our vacation and my PP package was waiting. I love them. Unfortunately I cannot seem to capture the true color but here's the best I could do. The necklace is 15 inches and they made the earrings from 2 of the extra pearls for me and the shepherd hooks are WG. Very comfie.

pearlparadisemetallics.jpg

pearlparadisemetallics3.jpg

ppmetallicdrops.jpg

_9007.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Missy your new pearls are lovely!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks LitGeek. I think I am going to get all my pearls out and start wearing them again. They have been terribly neglected these last few years and these new pearls will be the impetus for me starting to wear all my pearls again.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
so beautiful, Missy! Now I want to see the rest of yours!

I got my shipping confirmation. She's a comin'!

_35.gif

blondie~

Rough_Rock
My gosh Missy, your pearls are blushing beautiful. I want a strand this color someday. Excellent choice. Love it!

I love your choice Mrs Taylor .. The lustre is wow. And you can wear it casual or dressy, and still turn heads. Beautiful.

blondie~

Rough_Rock
NacreLover|1376652786|3504259 said:
4ranchgirl and Jeremy selected this 16mm Edison for me last year when she was at PP shopping. I have been wanting some earrings but the likelyhood I would be able to find something like it was iffy. I was excited when they showed photos of matched pairs of edisons at the August sale. When we saw them in person I realized it may be that I would have to get a different color and perhaps this color would be much easier to match to a pendant.

I've a question for you NacreLover,
Where did you find the flour de lis for your Edison? It's very attractive. I'd like to have one too. :)

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Missy: Very pretty. Love how it looks on you. So elegant. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Mrs. Taylor, Blondie and icy jade. My dh really loves this necklace and said I should wear it a lot LOL. He never said that about any other necklace I own. He really loves pearls though and in fact for our wedding gift he got me a very intricate pearl and diamond necklace from Saks that I promptly exchanged for a totally different necklace because it just wasn't to my taste. It was a long time ago and now I wonder if I would have loved it now.

In any case my preference is toward the more simple so this necklace is perfect for me. When I have the energy I will find all my pearls and photograph them for you guys but I am afraid I don't know any of the stats on these older pieces. Some are from my mom and grandmother though I do have a number of pieces from PP and TPO.

Mrs Taylor, I cannot wait to see that stunning necklace you ordered. It is a showstopper that's for sure!!! You won't see anyone else wearing that IRL! :love:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
mrs. taylor|1376878287|3505698 said:
so beautiful, Missy! Now I want to see the rest of yours!

I got my shipping confirmation. She's a comin'!

Mrs. Taylor. Her photo is on the blog.
http://blog.pearlparadise.com/ 4ranchgirl and I were chatting when those items were listed. I said I wonder if one of our friends got that incredible piece. Then you posted you did. Great!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
mrs taylor Yay! Can't wait for neck shots :twirl: What earrings are you thinking you will pair with it?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1376906060|3505815 said:
blondie, I got it from Stuller. It doesn't look like that model is still available but there are some for pearls. You can't buy from them directly, but your local jeweler can. While looking at the styles I found this model which comes in earrings and pendant mounts.

http://www.stuller.com/search/results/?query=fleur&page=4

Pearl pendant mounts

http://www.stuller.com/search/results/?query=pendant%20mounting%20pearl&page=2
I was looking through the Stuller catalog as well, and I think this item comes closest to your bail. It has space for a tiny 1.75mm diamond, which would add a little sparkle.

http://www.stuller.com/products/28578/3630772/?groupId=114564

As NacreLoves says, your jeweler can order from the Stuller catalog for you.

stullerfluer.jpg

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info of Stuller NacreLover. And Fly Girl. Much appreciated. It's an exquisite setting for an earring. Classy. I like the flour de lis for a pendant. I'm getting some ideas. Sometimes I like to ponder things ... :D

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
blondie~|1376926230|3505956 said:
Thanks for the info of Stuller NacreLover. And Fly Girl. Much appreciated. It's an exquisite setting for an earring. Classy. I like the flour de lis for a pendant. I'm getting some ideas. Sometimes I like to ponder things ... :D
You are welcome. I find that sometimes I know just what I want, and other times it takes a while.

I noticed that the very top portion of the pearl earring drops shown by NL is exactly the same as the pendant bail I pictured. It even has the little diamond in place. I'm thinking you could attach pearls directly to loop of the top piece for earrings as well.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1376858443|3505507 said:
We arrived back home today after our vacation and my PP package was waiting. I love them. Unfortunately I cannot seem to capture the true color but here's the best I could do. The necklace is 15 inches and they made the earrings from 2 of the extra pearls for me and the shepherd hooks are WG. Very comfie.

Missy, What color are these pearls in real life? Peach, pink, copper, lavender? They look great on your neck.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1376929501|3505991 said:
missy|1376858443|3505507 said:

Missy, What color are these pearls in real life? Peach, pink, copper, lavender? They look great on your neck.

Hi NacreLover, thanks. They are a combo of all the above though I think it has more pink lavender there are also peach and coppers in there. Allison picked the earrings to be more on the pink/lavender color scheme as per my request but the necklace is a combination of metallic colors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results