shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your LEAST favorite wedding pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 6:48:41 PM
Author: Selkie
Wait, so it''s tinted Blistex? Cool! I hate lipstick too. Only VERY special occasions will get me to wear it. Oh, and I also wanted to say that you remind me of Lauren Graham in your pic.

I was thinking the same thing! I hear ya on the lipstick as well. I don''t think I''ve ever worn any, other than in middle school when I was trying makeup on with a friend.

julybride

Rough_Rock
This is a great thread. I''m loving everyone''s pictures.

Okay, I read the disclaimer, but I have to explain this picture. This is an okay picture of hubby and I walking from the church to the hotel accross the street. As we are crossing the street a homeless person approaches us for money. Hello??? Lady, we just got married. We have no money!!! And of course, the photographer just keeps snapping away. Priceless. Nothing like a little jolt of reality to put things into perspective
emotion-18.gif

homeless lady.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
going to go dig some up; I hated a ton of my wedding photos! If I knew my hair was going to turn out like the bride of frankenstein w/big hair.
14.gif
I would have redone it myself but I had no time.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 4:07:16 PM
Author: Cassian
Ugh! So....hard....to...resist....disclaimer.....

here is one of my shower pics. Candid by my mom.

Cassian, what is your tattoo? Looks like waves-is it an Aquarius symbol?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 8:25:18 PM
Author: Skippy123
going to go dig some up; I hated a ton of my wedding photos! If I knew my hair was going to turn out like the bride of frankenstein w/big hair.
14.gif
I would have redone it myself but I had no time.

I've heard many big hair horror stories, and was a little worried by some photos from the website of the salon where I got my hair done. I made my girlfriends promise to attack the stylist with his own shears if he tried to inflict one of these on me. She's beautiful, but the hair ain't my style! Luckily, he did a great job, and I loved my hair!

hairpic3.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly I'm still chuckling at yours. You just look so real, and bored in the first one. And so bothered and tired of the gown in the second. They are just priceless pics. The Dark side of the wedding
11.gif
. The tedium, the discomfort.... I think those are FABULOUS moments captured on film.
9.gif
Obviously though... they don't portray the romance and roses of it all, so I understand why its a reject.
2.gif

I love this thread.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, funny thread. I love these pics and have to say to Selkie since she started it: I love that pic of you! It''s great!

I looked through my digital ones and don''t have anything terrible. I have to go through the hard copies and I know there were some not so hot ones. But the one that I think is funny is one I''ve posted before. We said NO SHOTS at our wedding, but people wanted them enough to pay for it themselves and insisted we do one. I didn''t think I looked this unhappy about it, but obviousy the photographer caught my expression...

SCAN0050.JPG

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
TG, you look utterly devastated by all the debauchery surrounding you. Funny shot!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG you like they handed you poison!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SDL!

I love to come back to this thread, so funny!! We need some more!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 5:12:19 PM
Author: Elmorton
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!! It took me weeks to come to terms with some of my wedding photos (not at all the fault of my photographer, she did beautiful work). I''d love to share some of my ''duds''!

This is an example of a photo that I find pretty unattractive, but DH and I agreed it HAD to be in the album - so this one will live on forever. In this photo, my dad is saying to DH ''I''m giving you the best that I have'' (I''m an only child).
That may look like you smell something bad, but you know and we know it''s just pure emotion. It even made me choke up! It''s a keeper.
21.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 6:08:48 PM
Author: shigidigi
Oh my god it is so much worse when it''s HUGE!!
I agree, you look so much like Lauren Graham! And I''m a big GG fan, so I thinik it looks wonderful. Little big, maybe a lot big, but you look good.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
SDL and Gypsy,

My MIL needed someone to help her get ready and a nurse to bring her to the wedding -- she broke her back 3 weeks before the wedding, she was 87 and had Alzheimer's, obviously she needed a lot of assistance -- and the nurse was late and had no clue where he was going, so the friend who got her ready, who had waited for him to arrive, the nurse and my lost aunt had called my husband literally more than 20 times in the span of 5 minutes. When I walked out to meet him and the photographer it was the first thing I heard, I was like "Gees Louise, you can't be serious!" Click. The phone rang the whole time we were taking pictures.

The bustle on my dress was gorgeous, but the hook and eyes were so tiny it took 4 women 20 minutes to get it done...I was so ready to go be part of the party I was like "I don't care if it drags, just leave it!" but having spent a ton of $$ on the thing it didn't make sense to not have it bustled. DH was standing to my right (I cropped him out) waiting for me and I just sent him ahead to be with our guests cuz it was taking so long.

I actually had the most amazing wedding day, these two shots reflect both of the frustrating moments that took place, there was one more before the wedding, but otherwise it was such a fantastic day and my dress fit so well I was never uncomfortable.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread-
I will surely be back after 9/22 with some winners from our wedding,

meanwhile I have a winner of a shot from before my bridal shower that I''ll upload after I get home. the dang internet at work is crashing right now....

:)

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
OK..so this is taking some serious nerve to do this.. but here are my least fave pics. 3 in total... I know we said no explanation.. but here it is anyways...

1. My mean grandmother... She actually yelled at me and made me cry at the reception.. mean woman!!!
29.gif
This is the ONLY picture of her!!! haha.. I find that funny.

yuck 1.jpg

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
#2. ETA... well I uploaded the wrong pic.. so this one is SOOOO embarrassing.. holy lord.. I laughed sooo hard when I saw this... ok.. off to hide in shame...

yuck 2.jpg

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
#3. Ok.. this one is my adorable uncle... such a cowboy.. and me.. never had posture a DAY in my life.. until this picture.. I''m ready for my ballroom competition now.. HA
3.gif
we were two stepping by the way!

yuck 3.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 11:02:00 AM
Author: Jaders731
#2. ETA... well I uploaded the wrong pic.. so this one is SOOOO embarrassing.. holy lord.. I laughed sooo hard when I saw this... ok.. off to hide in shame...
LOL, I LOVE it!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jaders ... I was like, geez that''s one YOUNG uncle. And looks like you have a *cough* close relationship!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Deco.. yeah.. thats my hubby... I **think** that picture was taken after the tequila started flowing... good grief!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
lol this thread is so funny!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

M~

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

Hahahahah...OUCH! Mocha ice-blended REALLY hurts when you snort it out your nose! That''s one for the grandkids, for sure.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
This thread is priceless!!!! I dont have any to contribute since I have not had my wedding yet, but Im sure I will get some horrible ones.

Just to note that I dont think any of the pics posted are bad, they are all sincere "in the moment" pictures that really capture the mood. They are all just wonderful!

Thanks for sharing ladies!!!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
This is the greatest thread! It''s nice to know we all have those moments where we feel we dont look our best!

And thanks to those of you who said I look like Lauren Graham- maybe we''re related and I just dont know it! I loved that show Gilmore Girls so how cool would that be??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 10:08:14 AM
Author: KimberlyH
SDL and Gypsy,

My MIL needed someone to help her get ready and a nurse to bring her to the wedding -- she broke her back 3 weeks before the wedding, she was 87 and had Alzheimer''s, obviously she needed a lot of assistance -- and the nurse was late and had no clue where he was going, so the friend who got her ready, who had waited for him to arrive, the nurse and my lost aunt had called my husband literally more than 20 times in the span of 5 minutes. When I walked out to meet him and the photographer it was the first thing I heard, I was like ''Gees Louise, you can''t be serious!'' Click. The phone rang the whole time we were taking pictures.

The bustle on my dress was gorgeous, but the hook and eyes were so tiny it took 4 women 20 minutes to get it done...I was so ready to go be part of the party I was like ''I don''t care if it drags, just leave it!'' but having spent a ton of $$ on the thing it didn''t make sense to not have it bustled. DH was standing to my right (I cropped him out) waiting for me and I just sent him ahead to be with our guests cuz it was taking so long.

I actually had the most amazing wedding day, these two shots reflect both of the frustrating moments that took place, there was one more before the wedding, but otherwise it was such a fantastic day and my dress fit so well I was never uncomfortable.

It''s amazing that the picture just captures all that emotion so vividly. Now reading the story behind them, and seeing the pictures again, I can totally just FEEL what you were feeling. If your photographer managed to covey that in the frustration shots, I''m sure your wedding photographs from the ''wonderful moment'' shots were fabulous. I must have missed them though... can you link me? I''d love to see the other pics from your wedding, if you posted them here.
5.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 11:15:58 AM
Author: TravelingGal

LOL, I LOVE it!

Oh Man that one is PRICELESS! Fabulous! lmao!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 5:02:47 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 8/31/2007 11:15:58 AM
Author: TravelingGal

LOL, I LOVE it!

Oh Man that one is PRICELESS! Fabulous! lmao!
LMAO!
9.gif
This thread is too funny!

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
ok, here goes.

the photographer took this picture. my mom had finished getting ready and was giving me a kiss before leaving to go join the guests.

it's such a cute picture of my mom. too bad i look like i'm impersonating a turtle with some sort of dilated nostril issue...
6.gif

novialookslikeaturtle.jpg

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
this is the second one that has never been "shown off".

the photographer took this one as well. (i swear she did take some great ones though!)

this was right before i walked out of my hotel room to go to the ceremony site. i was holding my moh''s hands as she was saying a prayer and reflecting on our friendship. i am NOT an attractive cryer!
39.gif

noviacrying.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh novia, the picture of your mom kissing you beautiful. I think you look gorgeous and it''s such a touching moment. You might grow to love this one as you get older.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results