shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Post your Cartier jewels/rings/watches!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
My first emerald piece! Green is my favourite colour in gemstones and one day, I’d love to own a gumball of an emerald cabochon (or sugarloaf) but for now, this pre-loved Cartier Ellipse ring scratches that itch.

The emerald it self is quite battered and a bit loose in its setting, but I’m careful not to wear it when doing anything laborious.

I’m also surprised by the weight of the item - it’s about 8.5g and 3mm thick, so it took my finger a few days to get used to the chunkiness. But it feels like a lovely, weighty piece on the hand.

Tagging @Rubies-R-Me as I remember she owned the full set of Cartier Ellipse rings in ruby, sapphire and emerald!

IMG_5877.jpeg
IMG_5889.jpeg
IMG_5891.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first emerald piece! Green is my favourite colour in gemstones and one day, I’d love to own a gumball of an emerald cabochon (or sugarloaf) but for now, this pre-loved Cartier Ellipse ring scratches that itch.

The emerald it self is quite battered and a bit loose in its setting, but I’m careful not to wear it when doing anything laborious.

I’m also surprised by the weight of the item - it’s about 8.5g and 3mm thick, so it took my finger a few days to get used to the chunkiness. But it feels like a lovely, weighty piece on the hand.

Tagging @Rubies-R-Me as I remember she owned the full set of Cartier Ellipse rings in ruby, sapphire and emerald!

IMG_5877.jpeg
IMG_5889.jpeg
IMG_5891.jpeg

Oh congrats Pomelo! Your ring is gorgeous and the color of the emerald is perfect. I agree 100% about the "weightyness" of the piece. It's very substantial.
Thanks for tagging me! I haven't thought about that ring set for a while. No longer mine though.. I resold it on Ebay a some years ago.
And yes.. the emerald is very tender. When I sent it to the buyer in CA the stone actually cracked while in transit. The ruby and the sapphire were fine but the emerald didn't make the trip well. It was a little wonky to begin with so maybe that's why. Enjoy! You are now like Dorothy in "The Emerald City!" Yay!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh congrats Pomelo! Your ring is gorgeous and the color of the emerald is perfect. I agree 100% about the "weightyness" of the piece. It's very substantial.
Thanks for tagging me! I haven't thought about that ring set for a while. No longer mine though.. I resold it on Ebay a some years ago.
And yes.. the emerald is very tender. When I sent it to the buyer in CA the stone actually cracked while in transit. The ruby and the sapphire were fine but the emerald didn't make the trip well. It was a little wonky to begin with so maybe that's why. Enjoy! You are now like Dorothy in "The Emerald City!" Yay!

Thank you!

o_O Wow, cracked in transit? Out of interest, did UPS cover that?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pomelo I love this. I love rich yellow gold & that emerald is such a juicy colour!

Can you take it to Cartier & have it tightened?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I fished out my old pix of the set and it's a little hard to see but the emerald was always a bit wonky. It had sunk lower on the ring than the other two stones.
I'm usually meticulous when it comes to packing up jewelry but I guess I missed something that time.:confused:
The box was super cool though!
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 3.55.39 PM.jpg Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 3.58.35 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 3.56.13 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 3.56.13 PM.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 20

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@Pomelo I love this. I love rich yellow gold & that emerald is such a juicy colour!

Can you take it to Cartier & have it tightened?

Thank you! I haven’t tried taking it to Cartier yet as it’s a vintage piece but I definitely should when I get the chance!

I previously had a vintage Tank that they serviced for me, and even told me that the watch was a bit of a Frankenstein (my words, not theirs!) as the mechanism came from a steel Tank, which was later placed inside a 18ct gold Cartier case, that was later set with diamonds, and also had a dial replaced!

All that’s to say, from my limited experience, Cartier do service vintage items where you’re not the original owner :geek2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I fished out my old pix of the set and it's a little hard to see but the emerald was always a bit wonky. It had sunk lower on the ring than the other two stones.
I'm usually meticulous when it comes to packing up jewelry but I guess I missed something that time.:confused:
The box was super cool though!
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 3.55.39 PM.jpg Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 3.58.35 PM.jpg

Do you miss this set??? I love them!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you miss this set??? I love them!

:wavey:Hi Sharon!
Yes.. I do miss the set. Most of the stuff I resell I don't think twice about but that was a special set. But.. I also have to think that those rings were a size 47 and fit fine back then but since my fingers have gotten a bit fatter so they probably would be a bit too snug now. I'm telling myself that to make myself feel better! lol.:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.. I do miss the set. Most of the stuff I resell I don't think twice about but that was a special set. But.. I also have to think that those rings were a size 47 and fit fine back then but since my fingers have gotten a bit fatter so they probably would be a bit too snug now. I'm telling myself that to make myself feel better! lol.:lol:

LOL. Special for sure.:wavey:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just some happy Monday morning eye candy..
Here is a Van Cleef version of the triple ring.. pretty!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my small JUC in rose gold. I hadnt considered one of these until now because I assumed that the pointed part of the nail would be impractical to wear and would catch on things. But then I tried this in person and it is so comfortable and easy to wear and the bangle is so tactile and pretty and I was completely sold. :D

20240215_110036.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my small JUC in rose gold. I hadnt considered one of these until now because I assumed that the pointed part of the nail would be impractical to wear and would catch on things. But then I tried this in person and it is so comfortable and easy to wear and the bangle is so tactile and pretty and I was completely sold. :D

20240215_110036.jpg

Perfect combination & so, so classy. I love it :kiss2:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I was playing around in my jewellery box and came up with this unexpected stack that I really enjoy!

I like the crisp white pave juxtaposed with the chunky gold band, a pop of green (or no green!), and black ceramic adds an edginess to the look.

From bottom to top:
- Tiffany Harmony platinum band
- Cartier Ellipse with emerald either facing up or turned to the side
- Cartier Trinity in WG, pave and black ceramic

IMG_7024.jpeg
IMG_7021.jpeg
IMG_7007.jpeg
IMG_7003.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Hello! Or should I say Bonjour!
The timing all worked out and this lovely watch is now mine.
I picked up at the Cartier boutique at CDG airport in Paris.
I just love it.. the design is so simple and the clasp so cleverly hidden and easy to use.
Thanks for sharing the good "times" with me.

IMG_9820.jpeg

You still loving this beauty???

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You still loving this beauty???

So nice to see you post.
Yes.. been wearing it almost daily. It's nice that it keeps time without wearing every day. My other watches stop after a day or two and have to be reset.
I have noticed that I do check the time on it less that I did on my larger face watches as the face is very petite. Well I guess that's what phones are for.
I also have been on the hunt for a yellow gold tennis bracelet to wear on my opposite wrist to add a little bling onto the look.
Last but not least it's been hiding under long sleeves all winter but now with the warm weather coming it will be able to shine in the springtime sun.
Thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you and yours.:love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So nice to see you post.
Yes.. been wearing it almost daily. It's nice that it keeps time without wearing every day. My other watches stop after a day or two and have to be reset.
I have noticed that I do check the time on it less that I did on my larger face watches as the face is very petite. Well I guess that's what phones are for.
I also have been on the hunt for a yellow gold tennis bracelet to wear on my opposite wrist to add a little bling onto the look.
Last but not least it's been hiding under long sleeves all winter but now with the warm weather coming it will be able to shine in the springtime sun.
Thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you and yours.:love:

How exciting! Do you ever look at Era Gems (estate?) They have some nice stuff!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! Do you ever look at Era Gems (estate?) They have some nice stuff!

Hi Sharon!
So funny you mentioned Era Gems. My daughter is always telling me that I would love their stuff. Will look now. Thanks!:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results