color
clarity

Possible upgrading of my 3.444cttw ACA studs - POLL

What would you do if you were me?

• Upgrade to a higher colour, K will always "bug" you

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Do nothing, you greedy woman!

• None of the above (pls provide your suggestion)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi folks,

As some of you may know, I have 3.444cttw ACA martini studs, which I love for the size and the sparkle.

However, the size is a tiny bit too small for me (I know, I am a greedy girl, what can I say?!
3.gif
1.gif
) and the colour a tiny bit too warm for *me* given that all my other diamonds are in the D-H categories (most are in the E-F range). Surprisingly, everyone else thinks they're a much higher colour once I've put them on. I guess once they're on my ears, it's hard to tell the colour.

For months, I though I'd upgrade to a J or I colour. Now, I am thinking I may go a bit larger, say 2.2ct each (or 4.4-4.5cttw) and keep the colour at K (hey, if no-one else can tell they're K, why should I be bothered, right? Surely, size is KING (well, after CUT)). I also thought I'd only upgrade in a couple of years' time, one the economy gets better and we have a bit more money to spend.

However, we're moving up to Shanghai and I can't see how we could get WF to post upgraded studs to us once we're there nor would we be able to send back my existing ACA's to them (too risky) for at least another five years (that's how long his contract is) or maybe even never (since we may decide to stay there and not move back to SG). So, I thought I might bite the bullet and persuade hubby to let me spend the $$$ to upgrade now. Naturally, he'd want to spend less rather than more on this upgaded project. I'm not allowed to upgrade on both colour and size, only one or the other.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good lord woman!
9.gif
2.gif

I just wonder if you went to a bigger stone, would the warmth start to show (more) in a K? And would that bother you?

And seriously, have you posted your lobes, how big are they??
lol.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the size you have should be enough for anyone you greedy woman!
9.gif

Seriously though... If you really are bothered by colour I wouldn''t go for K. Although its white to someone like me who isn''t colour sensitive, it might be too low for you. Mind you, you can''t see your ears when you are wearing them so maybe it won''t bother you so much.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If thats what you want, I would do it!
11.gif
I would probably go for higher colour if the K bothers you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 7:33:28 AM
Author: Ellen
Good lord woman!
9.gif
2.gif

I just wonder if you went to a bigger stone, would the warmth start to show (more) in a K? And would that bother you?

And seriously, have you posted your lobes, how big are they??
lol.gif
Ellen, I know, he he!!
9.gif

You've made a very good point, the K would only show more in larger stones, but the only person that would notice the extra warmth would be me, but I'm sure *everyone* including myself would notice the increase in size
11.gif
1.gif

I haven't managed to take decent enough pics of these ACA studs on my ears yet. It's damn near impossible. All you can see are sparkly blobs! I'll try again tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime, however, here's a pic of my dangly earring on my lobe. The upper parts, which are my old studs with halo'es added, are about the same dimensions as a 3 carat each. So, that should give you a good idea of how ginormous my lobes are!
7.gif

dangly earrings_2.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, they don''t look ginormous! However, they do carry real estate well. Not sure if that''s a bad thing or a good thing.
9.gif
31.gif

And yes, I doubt most people would notice the warmth, I was wondering if it would be more of a "mind" issue for you. If you think you can deal with it, go for it!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 7:48:37 AM
Author: Maisie
I think the size you have should be enough for anyone you greedy woman!
9.gif

Seriously though... If you really are bothered by colour I wouldn''t go for K. Although its white to someone like me who isn''t colour sensitive, it might be too low for you. Mind you, you can''t see your ears when you are wearing them so maybe it won''t bother you so much.
Maisie, he he, I know!!
9.gif

I don''t know if I am really bothered by the colour. I was when I first got them, esp. as I was putting them next to my F coloured e-ring (I know, not a fair competition!
1.gif
). But the more and more i wore them, the more compliments I get on how firey they are.

In an ideal world, I''d love to have both the size (2.2ct each) and the colour (I colour). But, as it is, given the budget (or rather lack of), I''m leaning more towards going bigger and keeping the colour, at least for now. As you said, I can''t see my ears when I wear them!
11.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 8:02:28 AM
Author: Lorelei
11.gif
You enabler, you!!
9.gif

So, your vote is for higher colour but keeping the existing size?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep the votes coming, PS''ers.

Thank you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 8:38:20 AM
Author: Phoenix

11.gif
You enabler, you!!
9.gif

Well....If you aren''t worried about the colour then size all the way baby!!
3.gif
But if you aren''t so fond of K then keep the existing size and go for I or J.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 8:42:38 AM

11.gif
You enabler, you!!
9.gif

Well....If you aren't worried about the colour then size all the way baby!!
3.gif
But if you aren't so fond of K then keep the existing size and go for I or J.
You're not helping!
9.gif

What would *you* do if you were me? Would you go for size, if I read your post correctly?

(Btw, I can't upgrade to I colour, even if I keep the existing size....tooo many $$$$!
7.gif
; only J, which I think I'd better happy with. Perhaps I can ask for medium or strong blue fluor?).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 8:45:11 AM

Date: 3/25/2009 8:42:38 AM

11.gif
You enabler, you!!
9.gif

Well....If you aren''t worried about the colour then size all the way baby!!
3.gif
But if you aren''t so fond of K then keep the existing size and go for I or J.
You''re not helping!
9.gif
11.gif
41.gif

What would *you* do if you were me? Would you go for size, if I read your post correctly?

(Btw, I can''t upgrade to I colour, even if I keep the existing size....tooo many $$$$!
7.gif
; only J, which I think I''d better happy with. Perhaps I can ask for medium or strong blue fluor?).
What would *I* do? Go larger!!! But I don''t mind a little warmth and will gladly take it in exchange for size! If you wanted ACA replacements they don''t usually have fluorescence which could help....

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I voted go larger, but I guess that''s really what I''d do if it were me. I happen to love a little color though (at least I do on videos). But that''s a toughie for someone who doesn''t like it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 8:24:32 AM
Oh, they don't look ginormous! However, they do carry real estate well. Not sure if that's a bad thing or a good thing.
9.gif
31.gif

And yes, I doubt most people would notice the warmth, I was wondering if it would be more of a 'mind' issue for you. If you think you can deal with it, go for it!
Thank you, Ellen. Kind of you to say so.
9.gif

But, you're right. They're do carry bling real estate well. In fact, I'll bet that they're larger than your average lobes!
7.gif

It's def baaaaaddde because you have to spend more money to buy bigger studs to make them look larger, than they'd be on some smaller earlobes.

I've finally managed to take a pic of the ACA's that's not too blurry. The pic is a little dark (can s.o. with photoshop skills make it a bit brighter for me, please?), but you can just about make out the stud against the lobe. As you can see, although the studs are not small by any means, they're not big either. In fact, on my lobes, I think they look more like 1.2ct each, as opposed to 1.7+ct.

ACA studs_1.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
What big lobes? they look HUGE on you?? Pheonix, you''re beyond DSS. We need a whole new category for what you have
9.gif

If anything, I''d keep the size (which already looks BIG) and go higher in color.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, you''re nuts! elle is right, they look HUGE!
9.gif

Seriously, I don''t know HOW you have shrinkage woman, I honestly think they look perfect!

Best I could do on pic.

bigolstuds1.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those studs are the perfect size for your lobes. I''d either keep them, or go higher in color at the same size.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 11:38:29 AM
9.gif

Seriously, I don''t know HOW you have shrinkage woman, I honestly think they look perfect!

Best I could do on pic.
Ditto, thritto, holy diamonds batman.

---->

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 11:58:29 AM
Author: geckodani

9.gif

Best I could do on pic.

<---- is worried that her .25tcw are going to be too big, LMAO.
lol.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the ones that you have look huuuuuuge! I also think that having Leon do the pave around them is a very interesting idea. If you do decide to upgrade and you are torn between color and size I would look at the character and personality of the stones available to make that choice and see which ones speak to you.
But I really think that the ones you have look really huge and are a lovely size on you.

Mrs.2Artists

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 12:06:17 PM

Date: 3/25/2009 11:58:29 AM
Author: geckodani

9.gif

Best I could do on pic.

<---- is worried that her .25tcw are going to be too big, LMAO.
lol.gif
smarty.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HUGE! * drool*

Steel

Ideal_Rock
You are talking crazy talk....do you need a lobotomy (or a lobe-otomy)!!!?!!!

Really,

2 questions...
Would you be HAPPY with bigger K''s?
Would you be HAPPIER with same size ish I/J''s?

Afterthought: Would you have issues ''upgrading'' K''s of the larger size in the future? Would they hold their value so well?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what ever it takes to cover the ear lobes,maybe something in the 10-11ct ctw range to match your e-ring
28.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
HOLY MAMA I changed my mind! I voted bigger, but those puppies (more like St. Bernards actually) are already HUGE!!! Go for the higher color since the Ks bug you!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 10:58:12 AM
Author: elle_chris
What big lobes? they look HUGE on you?? Pheonix, you''re beyond DSS. We need a whole new category for what you have
9.gif

If anything, I''d keep the size (which already looks BIG) and go higher in color.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
. Needing-my-head examined category, maybe?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 10:08:32 AM
Author: Kelli
I voted go larger, but I guess that''s really what I''d do if it were me. I happen to love a little color though (at least I do on videos). But that''s a toughie for someone who doesn''t like it.
Thanks for both of your replies, Keli. I''ll def take them into consideration.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any bigger & you''re veering into "Male Rap Star" territory.
6.gif
38.gif
32.gif
If the color bothers you, THAT I could understand ... though I can''t imagine how much time you''d have to spend looking in the mirror for the color to bother you *that* much, yanno?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone for voting too.

For some reason, the pic above makes the ACA look bigger than it is, IMO.

So,, I'm re-posting the 1.7+ACA and also my old stud, a 1 carater, roughly on the same scale so you can see the approximate difference in sizes on my lobe.

First of, the 1.7ct ACA:

bigolstuds1[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results