color
clarity

Possible upgrading of my 3.444cttw ACA studs - POLL

What would you do if you were me?

• Upgrade to a higher colour, K will always "bug" you

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Do nothing, you greedy woman!

• None of the above (pls provide your suggestion)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now, the 1ct stud:

(Sorry, ignore this first pic of the 1 carater. It's not to scale).

ear studs_1ct G VVS1_2.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This pic of the 1ct is more comparable. Do yo still think the 1.7ct ACA is much bigger?

ear studs_1ct G VVS1_resized.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
YAH! The 1.7 is much bigger!!

...but go ahead and upgrade anyway...
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t "get" the 1 ct. comparison, or why it would be valuable or inform your decision? The only comparison necessary is the one of the potentially upgradeable stud against your *ear*. Right?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 12:15:31 AM
Author: decodelighted
I don't 'get' the 1 ct. comparison, or why it would be valuable or inform your decision? The only comparison necessary is the one of the potentially upgradeable stud against your *ear*. Right?
Oh, I just wanted to let you guys know that the 1ct was far too small for *me* and at the moment I'm still thinking that the ACA is a still a tad too small too. Also, in the first pic I posted, the ACA just looked so much bigger, simply because the pic itself was quite big.

I just wanted to see what everyone else's perspective is and that I'm not going cuckoo!
3.gif
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 11:38:29 AM
Author: Ellen
Phoenix, you're nuts! elle is right, they look HUGE!
9.gif

Seriously, I don't know HOW you have shrinkage woman, I honestly think they look perfect!

Best I could do on pic.
Thank you, Ellen, for that
9.gif
and for re-doing my pic too.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 11:41:26 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Those studs are the perfect size for your lobes. I''d either keep them, or go higher in color at the same size.
Thank you, Fly Girl.
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you are going a little cuckoo! But only you know what you see around you ... or can see things through your eyes. I think your perception is WAY WAY off though if you think the 1.7s don''t look a lot bigger than the 1cts ... or that something larger would be "better".

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 12:25:33 PM
Author: 2Artists
I think that the ones that you have look huuuuuuge! I also think that having Leon do the pave around them is a very interesting idea. If you do decide to upgrade and you are torn between color and size I would look at the character and personality of the stones available to make that choice and see which ones speak to you.
But I really think that the ones you have look really huge and are a lovely size on you.

Mrs.2Artists
Thanks so much for that. You know, you're the only one responding to that idea (?)
9.gif

Not sure how much Leon would charge for that but if it's more than $2k then it may not be a good idea anyway, as it'd make a future upgrade (if any) very expensive (as the setting would just be discarded). I love the design though, very nice indeed.
30.gif

Unfortunately, I can't look at the stones physically. l have to imagine what they'd look like and see which ones would make the most sense, style-wise as well as budget-wise. I also want to make sure I'm not going OTT, as I can get a bit carried away, in the bling department, LOL.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 12:37:51 PM
Author: geckodani

Date: 3/25/2009 12:06:17 PM

Date: 3/25/2009 11:58:29 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 3/25/2009 11:38:29 AM
Phoenix, you''re nuts! elle is right, they look HUGE!
9.gif

Seriously, I don''t know HOW you have shrinkage woman, I honestly think they look perfect!

Best I could do on pic.
Ditto, thritto, holy diamonds batman.

<---- is worried that her .25tcw are going to be too big, LMAO.
lol.gif
smarty.gif

You ladies are too cute!
9.gif
9.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
*HUGE* is an understatement for sure!!! However, looking at what you already owned, the desire to go bigger is understandable (not even in my dreamworld for sure)
9.gif
Go for a bigger size!!

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
With regards to the Leon earrings am I the only one who can''t see the point of having pave around the back of the part of the earing that sits against the lobe? Am I missing something here because I don''t see how that would be visible when worn and (to me) looks like it would not be comfortable to wear.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 1:33:45 PM
Author: Steel
You are talking crazy talk....do you need a lobotomy (or a lobe-otomy)!!!?!!!

Really,

2 questions...
Would you be HAPPY with bigger K's?
Would you be HAPPIER with same size ish I/J's?

Afterthought: Would you have issues 'upgrading' K's of the larger size in the future? Would they hold their value so well?
Hmmm, I think I am, a bit!
9.gif

I think I would be happy with bigger K's. I'd be happy also with the same size but J colour, probably even happier with I of the same size (I is really my sweet spot for earrings).

You have a point with K colour not being as valuable, in ordinary cicumstances. But, given these are ACA's, I'd have no problem upgrading them again in the future (if ever there'd be yet another upgrade, not so likely my dear friend PS'er - I think as my hubby would say "it'd be a cold day in hell"!
4.gif
I know, that man, so unreasonable!!
3.gif
9.gif
).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 7:12:45 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
what ever it takes to cover the ear lobes,maybe something in the 10-11ct ctw range to match your e-ring
28.gif
Always the circus clown, DF!
9.gif
. Don't tell yr Mrs, but I think you're really adorable!!
2.gif
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 12:03:01 AM
Author: coatimundi
YAH! The 1.7 is much bigger!!

...but go ahead and upgrade anyway...
31.gif
Hi there, coati
35.gif
. You enabler, you!!
9.gif

Btw, I've been meaning to tell you, I saw yr pic in one of the threads (can't remember which). OMG, you're *GORGEOUS*!!
1.gif
).

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 11:42:41 PM
Author: Phoenix
Thanks to everyone for voting too.

For some reason, the pic above makes the ACA look bigger than it is, IMO.

So,, I''m re-posting the 1.7+ACA and also my old stud, a 1 carater, roughly on the same scale so you can see the approximate difference in sizes on my lobe.

First of, the 1.7ct ACA:
You can make this pic as small as you want, but it won''t change the coverage the stone is giving your lobe.
2.gif

Personally, as I said before, I truly think they are the perfect size. If anything, I''d go up in color.

As for the added pave, "I" wouldn''t want it just because to me, that makes them "dressy", and I wouldn''t be inclined to wear them all that much. Simple studs go with everything, yanno? But that''s just me!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I would worry about bigger studs being to heavy to wear everyday. Are you planning on everyday earrings or only special occasions? I honestly can''t even imagine owning earrings that large. I love my 1ctws so I''m probably not much help
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 8:04:09 AM

Date: 3/25/2009 11:42:41 PM
Thanks to everyone for voting too.

For some reason, the pic above makes the ACA look bigger than it is, IMO.

So,, I'm re-posting the 1.7+ACA and also my old stud, a 1 carater, roughly on the same scale so you can see the approximate difference in sizes on my lobe.

First of, the 1.7ct ACA:
You can make this pic as small as you want, but it won't change the coverage the stone is giving your lobe.
2.gif

Personally, as I said before, I truly think they are the perfect size. If anything, I'd go up in color.

As for the added pave, 'I' wouldn't want it just because to me, that makes them 'dressy', and I wouldn't be inclined to wear them all that much. Simple studs go with everything, yanno? But that's just me!
You're so cute! That wasn't my intention, really, I swear!!
4.gif
9.gif

(P.S. This is my response to your first sentence. I don't know how to highlight it though. Can you teach me, pls?)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:19:13 AM

You can make this pic as small as you want, but it won''t change the coverage the stone is giving your lobe.
2.gif

Personally, as I said before, I truly think they are the perfect size. If anything, I''d go up in color.

As for the added pave, ''I'' wouldn''t want it just because to me, that makes them ''dressy'', and I wouldn''t be inclined to wear them all that much. Simple studs go with everything, yanno? But that''s just me!
You''re so cute! That wasn''t my intention, really, I swear!!
4.gif
9.gif

(P.S. This is my response to your first sentence. I don''t know how to highlight it though. Can you teach me, pls?)
lol!

Yes mam, I can teach you, well, I''ll try! Ok, get the cursor over the box that has the reply you want to highlight. Double click left. The whole reply box will now have a "border" of little lines. Get the cursor at the beginning of the part you want to highlight. Click left, hold down, and run it across the part you want. The area will now be blue. Let up and go up to the part above the reply box that has options of things to do. Left click once on the area that says "ab" and is yellow. (there is also an arrow pointing down, you can click that and change the color of the highlight, but get the basic down first). Then, just left click outside of the reply box (to "set" the highlight), and the blue part should now be permanently highlighted yellow.

I hope I ''splained that good enough. If not, let me know.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 8:33:49 AM

Date: 3/26/2009 8:19:13 AM

You can make this pic as small as you want, but it won't change the coverage the stone is giving your lobe.
2.gif

Personally, as I said before, I truly think they are the perfect size. If anything, I'd go up in color.

As for the added pave, 'I' wouldn't want it just because to me, that makes them 'dressy', and I wouldn't be inclined to wear them all that much. Simple studs go with everything, yanno? But that's just me!
You're so cute! That wasn't my intention, really, I swear!!
4.gif
9.gif

(P.S. This is my response to your first sentence. I don't know how to highlight it though. Can you teach me, pls?)
lol!

Yes mam, I can teach you, well, I'll try! Ok, get the cursor over the box that has the reply you want to highlight. Double click left. The whole reply box will now have a 'border' of little lines. Get the cursor at the beginning of the part you want to highlight. Click left, hold down, and run it across the part you want. The area will now be blue. Let up and go up to the part above the reply box that has options of things to do. Left click once on the area that says 'ab' and is yellow. (there is also an arrow pointing down, you can click that and change the color of the highlight, but get the basic down first). Then, just left click outside of the reply box (to 'set' the highlight), and the blue part should now be permanently highlighted yellow.

I hope I 'splained that good enough. If not, let me know.
WOWW!! Thanks so much, Ellen. Yippeee!!
36.gif
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 9:04:09 AM
WOWW!! Thanks so much, Ellen. Yippeee!!
36.gif
9.gif
woohoo.gif
36.gif

You''re welcome!
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you soooo much, everyone, for responding and for voting. It looks like the majority (46%) have voted for me to do nothing, whilst 29% have voted for me to go higher in colour whilst keeping the size the same, and a not too shabby 24% would like me to go bigger (yay!! you guys did not disappoint me!!
9.gif
). One voted for me to do something different (which I think is probably the LM route).

I'd like to heed your advice and this is what I'm going to do. I'm going to see if I could upgrade to J's whilst keeping the size more or less the same (well, maybe go up a smidgen bigger if I can, if not then I'm not going to be worried
1.gif
). There's a route I'd like to explore at the moment that'd allow me to do this without having to spend a load of moohlahs (keeping DH happy, well, relatively speaking anyway!
2.gif
1.gif
). And if this doesn't work out, I'm not going to be losing sleep over it.

I'll keep you guys updated.

In the meantime, here are the link to my ACA's and the pic that WF sent me. I don't think I've ever shown these in SMTR.

Thank you all very much again.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=1474658,1474659

LTN_ACA earrings.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earings Phoenix !!
30.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful indeed!

Keep us posted!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha! I was just thinking...how about double piercing...1.7 on the bottom and the 1.0 on the top, then you have PLENTY of coverage!
11.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your idea to upgrade in colour, and maybe a bit in size, sounds good.

I mean this well, Phoenix, those are large stones. Really really large stones. If you go too much bigger then you won''t have any earlobe to show and they will look very unbalanced on you. I have no clue where you live, what your peer group is like, or why you think they look too small but they aren''t. Huge is the best word to describe them. For real.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 11:40:57 PM
Author: decodelighted
Any bigger & you''re veering into ''Male Rap Star'' territory.
6.gif
38.gif
32.gif
If the color bothers you, THAT I could understand ... though I can''t imagine how much time you''d have to spend looking in the mirror for the color to bother you *that* much, yanno?
No doubt
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results