shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible Pink-Tinted MMD (Ritani)

Tomato_Pincushion

Rough_Rock
I just grabbed another round lab diamond - this time from Ritani - to put down for a future project in rose gold. The wait is almost two weeks to inspect in person :cry2: lol.

Unfortunately, very few of the certs on Ritani don't mention blue nuance or post-growth treatment like I've seen on some newer IGI certs. I am a little iffy about the cert (from Diamond Foundry) but Ritani has a great return policy so I'm not too too worried about getting a dud. I also don't mind the lower color for this project.

Specs

Color: I
Carat: 2.21 - 8.38 x 8.43 mm
Cut: Ideal
Polish/Symmetry: XX
Table: 56.5
Depth: 61.5
Crown: 34.5
Pavilion: 40.8
Girdle: Medium
HCA: 1.3

What does everyone think about the video? Is there a pink tint (which I would like)? I'm hopeful!

BeautyForAshes_

Rough_Rock
I see a very very slight hint of pink but I don’t think it’ll be that noticeable in person. I also just purchased a diamond from ritani just yesterday but a J color. :)

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry to say that I don't see any pink. Maybe leaning into brownish tint compared to yellow, but not pink. It's a lovely stone though but once set, I think it'll look colourless.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Of course, please inspect it in real life and see if you can see the pink. I have a very set idea of my perfect pink/brown tinted lab stone ever since @lovedogs posted about her beautiful stone. I so regret not getting the one she rejected but when I'm ready, I think Rhino can find something similar.

Tomato_Pincushion

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry to say that I don't see any pink. Maybe leaning into brownish tint compared to yellow, but not pink. It's a lovely stone though but once set, I think it'll look colourless.

...lol I think I had a screen shader on my computer when I viewed this stone. Oh well! I'll report back when I receive the stone. I'm excited either way because the specs and HCA are so good!

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
I'll be curious to hear what you think in person - it's a pretty stone! I have a K color MMD from Ritani with faint pinkish-brown noted on the IGI cert set in rose gold, and even with that one there's not much color face up. I can definitely see it from the side.

Tomato_Pincushion

Rough_Rock
I'll be curious to hear what you think in person - it's a pretty stone! I have a K color MMD from Ritani with faint pinkish-brown noted on the IGI cert set in rose gold, and even with that one there's not much color face up. I can definitely see it from the side.

That is so interesting - do you think you saw more of the pink in the video and it was noticeably absent in person face-up? It's hard with the zoomed in videos.

I won't mind too much if my stone isn't that pink in person - I'm hoping for pink sparkle, lol. Since I found my upgrade (a G with no tint) I won't mind color from the side in another diamond. If this stone works out, I think I'll have a basket setting that will hide the tint in case its a weird brown. I ordered a 2 carat J back in February and it was color treated -- it was blurry and weirdly gray. It was also a 3.2 on the HCA. Hated it and returned it. I'm hoping for more luck with this one since I know more about what to look for.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! What a sparkle bomb!

Tomato_Pincushion

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! What a sparkle bomb!

Gorgeous!

Thank you! I am little bit disappointed that the stone isnt pink but happy that it's a great diamond overall! There's a bit of brown color (its cvd) ....but it doesn't bother me much since the sparkle is so great.

Thanks to the knowledgeable people on this site whose comments taught me about the HCA lol.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love your bands too.

Tomato_Pincushion

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful! I love your bands too.

Thank you! I got them both from a Chinese vendor, Sam at Kuololit. The bubble band is moissanite and the milgrain/bubble one is lab diamond. I love them!

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
The stone is gorgeous! Is that the setting? I have never seen anything like that. If it is the settin*, how do you not catch it on everything?

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
The stone is gorgeous! Is that the setting? I have never seen anything like that. If it is the settin*, how do you not catch it on everything?

I'm not sure what that is called but it hold the diamond so that you can put it on your finger, but it's not a setting.

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure what that is called but it hold the diamond so that you can put it on your finger, but it's not a setting.

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here's the diamond holder ring at Amazon, for anyone that's interested in getting one:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results