shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible Meridian,Idaho get together...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am up since 5:30 this Saturday morning just to get caught up with email and Pricescope. I am out of town for a few days of grandpa time with my wife, two children, their spouses and my five grandchildren. Life is GOOD!

Add to that this delightful thread and so many people talking about making their way to Boise.

I look forward to being back in the office on Monday, I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend too.

Wink

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Priced flights just for fun—$350ish round trip from Illinois... not bad!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Priced flights just for fun—$350ish round trip from Illinois... not bad!

It’s the same for me and I’ve never been to Idaho, so I get to knock that state off my list!! The only states I have left are northwest, north and a few in the NE.

@Wink enjoy your grands

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s the same for me and I’ve never been to Idaho, so I get to knock that state off my list!! The only states I have left are northwest, north and a few in the NE.

@Wink enjoy your grands

It’s crazy beautiful out there... I never would have imagined until I traveled there myself. Maybe you can go on a field trip to spot a moose! :lol:

North Dakota will probably be the last state I check off the list. ;)2

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wink
If you time it before/after JCK, perhaps we can get Paul, Lieve, and John.
Plus I would love to meet Melissa, Layla, and Jamie in person.
Oh, and please have a F-VS1 and G-VS1 available for comparison :mrgreen2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wink
If you time it before/after JCK, perhaps we can get Paul, Lieve, and John.
Plus I would love to meet Melissa, Layla, and Jamie in person.
Oh, and please have a F-VS1 and G-VS1 available for comparison :mrgreen2:

:appl::appl::appl:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. I'm so jealous of everyone! We just signed my son up for private school...so my bling budget must be curtailed. In fact, the contents of my bling account were just mailed to the school. No trip to see pretties for me. sad :((sad :((sad :((

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. I'm so jealous of everyone! We just signed my son up for private school...so my bling budget must be curtailed. In fact, the contents of my bling account were just mailed to the school. No trip to see pretties for me. sad :((sad :((sad :((
Your son's education is more important than diamonds??
slap4.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well said Dancing Fire. RockySalamander, with a good education and some work ethic, someday your son can take you anywhere the two of you desire to look and enjoy whatever your current eye candy interest is. As a very proud father and grandfather, I can honestly say that tending to the education of my children is one of the most rewarding investments my wife and I ever made.

Wink

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
With one in the Navy, one in college down in FL, and two still in middle and high school, early next summer definitely works much better for me! After years of nothing on my calendar, I now find myself having to work around 4-days, deployment, family coming down from Canada for Thanksgiving, winter breaks, and more family coming to visit in the spring.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well said Dancing Fire. RockySalamander, with a good education and some work ethic, someday your son can take you anywhere the two of you desire to look and enjoy whatever your current eye candy interest is. As a very proud father and grandfather, I can honestly say that tending to the education of my children is one of the most rewarding investments my wife and I ever made.
Wink
Thanks Wink. It is really eye-opening at how badly public education can fail kids, even in middle class towns that are not "underperforming". All the research on how children learn seems to be totally ignored in the "teach the test" mentality that tell kids what to learn, but not allow them to find how for themselves. Behavioral conformity within a very narrow range is ever-more emphasized and demanded. Labeling children who ask "why" as a discipline issue rather than an honest expression of curiosity. Thinking that education is the delivery of information TO a child (1 hour of homework a night in grade 2!). Finger's crossed that the private option where all members are equal...fully equal--not partially equal, not almost equal, not gradually more and more equal as they grow older--will suit my DS better. I'm a product of public education (from pre-school to graduate school) and I'm shocked at the state of things. *sorry for the rant, its been a long 3 years in the public school system.*

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, DH is on board. Surprisingly, he wasn’t worried that I am going to Idaho to meet a man named Wink and it’s totally legit :lol-2: he just told me not to come home with new diamonds, lol.

So are we saying July?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, DH is on board. Surprisingly, he wasn’t worried that I am going to Idaho to meet a man named Wink and it’s totally legit :lol-2: he just told me not to come home with new diamonds, lol.

So are we saying July?

I am still trying to work out a good time. In my mind, mid July is a great time. One day for diamonds and gems, and one day on the Payette River for socializing. Now the question is, how many people are really interested enough to come. If you come alone it will still be fun, if we can get at least ten, I will coax John Pollard to join us armed with bling to do a mini diamond academy. The lucky attendees will get a professional level training from the mind of John Pollard, who personally trains all of the Crafted by Infinity dealers and their staffs around the country.

People who have been in the business for generations come away looking somewhat dazed at what they have just learned from John Pollard. If John comes I will probably have to do the "river stuff" on either the day before a two day training or the day after. You will not want to come all the way to Boise/Meridian and not have more than one day with John.

Wink

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still trying to work out a good time. In my mind, mid July is a great time. One day for diamonds and gems, and one day on the Payette River for socializing. Now the question is, how many people are really interested enough to come. If you come alone it will still be fun, if we can get at least ten, I will coax John Pollard to join us armed with bling to do a mini diamond academy. The lucky attendees will get a professional level training from the mind of John Pollard, who personally trains all of the Crafted by Infinity dealers and their staffs around the country.

People who have been in the business for generations come away looking somewhat dazed at what they have just learned from John Pollard. If John comes I will probably have to do the "river stuff" on either the day before a two day training or the day after. You will not want to come all the way to Boise/Meridian and not have more than one day with John.

Wink
I would book my flight and room now for this!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That makes two. Now all we need are three through ten and I start coaxing John Pollard!

I will always welcome visitors and cook them a steak on the trager, but wow, a group of ten or more PLUS John Pollard, "Oh yeah, baby!"

Wink

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wink let’s clarify that this is open to everyone, regardless of owning a CBI correct.

@ILikeShiny

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be very interested in this! Once we pin down dates I'll book my flight :)

Also I'll be able to come wearing my very own CBI!:appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
July would be great for my fam—we may spend some time in Utah, and it’s an easy drive up. I do need to check with the in-laws (outlaws!). I can’t show up in idaho without the grandkids, lol. But July is the best month by far for me.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Wink let’s clarify that this is open to everyone, regardless of owning a CBI correct.

@ILikeShiny

Absolutely. I promise not to glue any of them to their chair until they buy one either. I hope many people come. CBI owners, CBI doubters, CBI curious, CBI want to be owners and just anyone who is curious about diamonds and wants to see what all the fuss is about and have a good time with friendly people from Pricescope. This will be a good old fashioned good time party. Bring your best attitude and let's have some fun!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, I am starting a list.

Also, would more people like the 12-14th of July or the 19th-21st of July. (Both are Friday -Sun with one day on the river and two days with diamonds. River is optional and I will gladly help find other things to do for those who do not want the adventure of a white water raft trip with profession guides who will keep you safe. My self guided trips are LONG over and the company I now use for all of my trips with friends is very good. John can tell you, they are incredible, the CBI of raft companies in this area. I will also check with John to get him thinking about this now when his schedule might actually have a hole in it to fill.

So far I have:

Whitewave
Wewechew
Lovedogs
Dee*Jay

Maybes from:

ILikeShiny
Kristen Tech

I am getting excited about how much fun this will be.

Wink

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t make any plans that far in advance, but I would definitely be very interested. I’ll try to bring my parents so they can babysit, but if not, I’ll have a (mature) 5 year old with me.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either weekend works for me at this point.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in! Both weekends work for me.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I am starting a list.

Also, would more people like the 12-14th of July or the 19th-21st of July. (Both are Friday -Sun with one day on the river and two days with diamonds. River is optional and I will gladly help find other things to do for those who do not want the adventure of a white water raft trip with profession guides who will keep you safe. My self guided trips are LONG over and the company I now use for all of my trips with friends is very good. John can tell you, they are incredible, the CBI of raft companies in this area. I will also check with John to get him thinking about this now when his schedule might actually have a hole in it to fill.

So far I have:

Whitewave
Wewechew
Lovedogs
Dee*Jay

Maybes from:

ILikeShiny
Kristen Tech

I am getting excited about how much fun this will be.

Wink

Whitewave needs to see some white waves!!! I’m a water person; I need to be on the water.

Both weekends work for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results