• Yes, go big or go home!!

Votes: 54 64.3%
  • No, get a newly cut vintage or a vintage vintage

Votes: 30 35.7%

• Total voters

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you sooo much, everyone, for voting and for your input.
I'm on holiday and have limited access to the internet, so pls forgive my not responding to each post individually I "know" who you are though, each and everyone of you!:wavey:
I haven't done anything wrt the upgrade/reset for several years, primarily because it'd be a huge decision to upgrade and spend more $$$$$. True I've been buying designer pieces but they have not been distractions.....well, not completely. :wink2: I'd wanted some of these pieces forever, notably the Cartier pave Love bracelet, and am especially loving my Lotus pieces which have a significant meaning to me. However, it is also true that I'm not loving Holly as much as she deserves to be loved. I KNOW that I'd prefer a G over an H for aesthetics and a superideal cut for mind-cleanness. Now, the issue is whether a 6ct+ would satisfy the size requirement and I strongly suspect that it would, and if it didnt I'd just simply put it in a halo. Wrt the latter, of course if I had all the money in the world, I'd go larger and a 7ct+ would be my maximum limit. The 12ct at Tiffany's was amazing but it'd be absolutety foolish of me, even if I could afford to indulge in this ridiculous frivolous acquisition which I can't, to even think about it!! I'd much rather buy real estate for example. So, all things considered, I'm drawing the line at a 6ct+ G VS.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy the 6 carat super ideal RB, if you get bored with it, have Victor halo it. And if in the future you want a change buy a largish emerald cut or a AVC or New Old Cut from Victor and put that in some type of antique looking halo setting.

Problem solved, in the future two different rings to wear and enjoy. For now my guess is that your heart wants the 6+ carat super ideal RB, i.e a slightly bigger better cut version of Holly.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No milkiness from the florescence by the way according to HK.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I say hold on to Holly.....atleast for a little while...maybe when I win the lotto I can buy her from you :mrgreen2::mrgreen2::mrgreen2:.

On a more serious note though...from your posts about her i get the sense that you truly love her and to upgrade her you would be unhappy and disappointed if the 7ct isn't perfect. That's why i voted for you to go with the new vintage cut. If you end up not happy with the vintage stone it would be easier for you to let that diamond go than to let holly go for something less than what you want.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I KNOW that I'd prefer a G over an H for aesthetics and a superideal cut for mind-cleanness. Now, the issue is whether a 6ct+ would satisfy the size requirement and I strongly suspect that it would, and if it didnt I'd just simply put it in a halo.

In your scheme, the colour seems SO much more noticeable than the extra carat !

2c

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK this is not what @Phoenix is looking for but what do people think about this 9.5 G VS2. 264K from Hari Krishna Exports.

http://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/hkfauna/certificates/2185580868.jpg

The video looks decent as is

http://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/hkfauna/Vision360.html?d=160742-26&sd=50&z=1&v=2&sv=0

But worst case buy it and then when you decide you're done with 9.5 have it recut to a super ideal 7.
A recut isn't advisable bc if the stone shatters insurance doesn't cover it and Phoenix would be empty handed - no diamond no $$$$, unless she has that kind of cash to dispose a few rounds.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get your diamond ring from diamonds direct online? If so, what was your experience? I have provided them with my contact information and was told a manager would reach out, but never heard back. And, since I do not know many who have used them, I am hesitant to place my trust in this company.

No, I purchased in their Bimingham showroom. Had a great experience. You can't beat their buyback (110% and must only spend $1 more than you paid for the last diamond) and their prices/quality will pretty much blow away any B&M. That said, they are of the "you can't get any better than GIA XXX" mentality, so you need to know what you're looking for if you want one of the best XXX cuts. (I wasn't even aware you could purchase online with them) If you are close to a showroom, I highly recommend visiting. If you're serious about purchasing, give them the specs you want, and they will call in some stones that meet your criteria.

ETA: sorry for the threadjack, @Phoenix!

Last edited:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7 carat E-F VV2 set in plat with big tapered baguettes on each side. This is a forever ring.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I say upgrade Holly throw her in the VC halo and give her a new name! Can't wait to see :love::love::love:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I say upgrade Holly throw her in the VC halo and give her a new name! Can't wait to see :love::love::love:

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
So reading almost everything, I have a question.
You are getting antsy with Holly (in your first post you said she has been in her temp setting since you got her). I would set Holly in an Emylia since you seem to miss that setting a lot. It would give you some time to think (rethink) the 6+ct spread need and also the time to find the perfect Holy 2.0 if needed.
Just saying that this might buy you some time and preserve $$$$ (reset $10K vs Holly 2.0 6+ct $150-200K). And how much spread difference are we talking about anyway?
Halo Holly in an Emylia. It should calm DSS for a while; but not the owning a 6+ct stone :P2
Will trade/resell Holly to get Holly 2.0?
Because if I rmember well it took you 5 or 6 years to find Holly, didn't it?

Halo Holly , buy yourself time to find your perfect H 2.0.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK this is not what @Phoenix is looking for but what do people think about this 9.5 G VS2. 264K from Hari Krishna Exports.

http://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/hkfauna/certificates/2185580868.jpg

The video looks decent as is

http://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/hkfauna/Vision360.html?d=160742-26&sd=50&z=1&v=2&sv=0

But worst case buy it and then when you decide you're done with 9.5 have it recut to a super ideal 7.

I'd bet that's a decent stone IRL, even if it's not ideal or superideal cut. It'd be super expensive though at that size/ weight, even with the SBF. Actually, I am not sure I'd want SBF. My tolerance and in fact preference is MBF.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Any updates?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So reading almost everything, I have a question.
You are getting antsy with Holly (in your first post you said she has been in her temp setting since you got her). I would set Holly in an Emylia since you seem to miss that setting a lot. It would give you some time to think (rethink) the 6+ct spread need and also the time to find the perfect Holy 2.0 if needed.
Just saying that this might buy you some time and preserve $$$$ (reset $10K vs Holly 2.0 6+ct $150-200K). And how much spread difference are we talking about anyway?
Halo Holly in an Emylia. It should calm DSS for a while; but not the owning a 6+ct stone :P2
Will trade/resell Holly to get Holly 2.0?
Because if I rmember well it took you 5 or 6 years to find Holly, didn't it?

Halo Holly , buy yourself time to find your perfect H 2.0.

Funny, I hadn't even read your reply (was super busy in Oct and then was sick for the last 2 weeks of). But I've been thinking these last few days and am heading towards that direction. I was thinking even as it is now, if I were to trade Holly in (I would not sell her for cash, as the loss would be phenomenal), I'd still lose tens of thousands of dollars and would I still be happy with the coverage that a 6ct+ would provide? So let's see: a 6ct+ would give me an increase of approx 0.5mm in diameter. Would that be a enough of a visual increase? I suspect the answer may be no.

The only problem with putting an Emilya halo around Holly would be that the resulted diameter would be well over 13mm, and my eyes would then be adjusted to this larger size/ diameter. So, if in the future I go for a solitaire MRB in an upgrade, I'd HAVE to go to 7ct or above, otherwise it'd look teeeeeeny tiny in comparison to the halo'ed ring. And I'd def prefer a solitaire for my ering.

Yep, it took me 6 years to find Holly.

Another option would be for me to find a brand new MRB altogether for my ering. I'm thinking of going up to a G colour, as my designer jewellery is all D E F and so a higher colour ering would complement better than an H - and yes I can clearly see the difference, even face up, between the two colours as my original ering is a G and one of my BGD studs is also a G. I'd then need to find a match for Holly and turn both into a monstrous pair of studs!!:lickout:. I don't mind slightly lower colours for studs. I've been thinking about the potential loss, even just from trading in Holly, and am not sure I could stomach that. If I go this route, I'd never get a large EC which is also something I've been coveting for a loooooong time.

Oh where oh where is my money tree?!!:lol:

Last edited:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , if you do go down the route of turning Holly into studs and getting a bigger round, would you ever regret not getting the large EC? I know it's kinda hard (sell Holly and make a loss or give up the idea of a large EC) and there are no easy answers...

I hear you about the money tree - partner and I had discussions about budgeting for the large EC over time. The wait is both delicious (look at all the possibilities!) and frustrating ;)2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , if you do go down the route of turning Holly into studs and getting a bigger round, would you ever regret not getting the large EC? I know it's kinda hard (sell Holly and make a loss or give up the idea of a large EC) and there are no easy answers...

I hear you about the money tree - partner and I had discussions about budgeting for the large EC over time. The wait is both delicious (look at all the possibilities!) and frustrating ;)2

I don't know, Alexis. The loss associated with selling/ trading in Holly is just too much. I really can't wrap my head around that. Something has to give. I just can't have my cake and eat it too.

Lol. I can't wait to see what you end up with. What is your estimated time-frame? If you don't mind me asking.

Last edited:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , I hear you about the loss when you have to sell the current stone to fund an upgrade. I had to take a hit selling mine and 30% loss was painful. If it was 30% loss on Holly it would be painful as crap :errrr:. Would consignment with JBG or LAD be a better option for you?

Our time frame is for a 5.5ish EC in the next few and 4-5 years after that, a 10ish EC (although I am not sure if I really want a 10 or if it's too big? Ask me then lol!). The 5ish was supposed to happen earlier, but some urgent stuff happened so we had to delay it. In the meantime, I just keep looking at sparklies...or walking pass HW and their massive baubles :P2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , I hear you about the loss when you have to sell the current stone to fund an upgrade. I had to take a hit selling mine and 30% loss was painful. If it was 30% loss on Holly it would be painful as crap :errrr:. Would consignment with JBG or LAD be a better option for you?

Our time frame is for a 5.5ish EC in the next few and 4-5 years after that, a 10ish EC (although I am not sure if I really want a 10 or if it's too big? Ask me then lol!). The 5ish was supposed to happen earlier, but some urgent stuff happened so we had to delay it. In the meantime, I just keep looking at sparklies...or walking pass HW and their massive baubles :P2

It'd definitely be a huge painful loss, Alex. I've also thought of consigning but I don't really want Holly to sit there languishing for months or even years as at this price point, I know it'd be very hard to find a buyer offering me a price that I'd like. A PS'er has offered me, on her friend's behalf, a better cash price than what WF has offered me for a trade-in but am holding out for a better price still bc both offers are still way below what I'd paid for her. And in any case, my funds for an upgrade/ a new stone are not quite ready yet and won't be for a while. I shall wait until the funds are ready before I reach out to more vendors and see what they say before I make a final decision.

A 10ct?!!! Wup!!:o:lickout::dance:. Can't wait to see THAT!! Would it not be better for you to wait and buy a honker? I fear a 5.5ct would not quench your thirst. I wish I'd not bought Holly. I thought at the time I'd be satisfied with a 5ct. Alas, that is no longer the case and I hate that I stand to lose money on this stone. And I also wish I'd gone the superideal route bc that seems to be a mind-clean issue for me too.

We have Graff here, along with HW and Tiffany and Cartier. Even the non-designer / non-high end jewellers here stock massive stones. I have to pretend I'm half-blind when I walk past these boutiques!! lol

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It'd definitely be a huge painful loss, Alex. I've also thought of consigning but I don't really want Holly to sit there languishing for months or even years as at this price point, I know it'd be very hard to find a buyer offering me a price that I'd like. A PS'er has offered me, on her friend's behalf, a better cash price than what WF has offered me for a trade-in but am holding out for a better price still bc both offers are still way below what I'd paid for her. And in any case, my funds for an upgrade/ a new stone are not quite ready yet and won't be for a while. I shall wait until the funds are ready before I reach out to more vendors and see what they say before I make a final decision.

A 10ct?!!! Wup!!:o:lickout::dance:. Can't wait to see THAT!! Would it not be better for you to wait and buy a honker? I fear a 5.5ct would not quench your thirst. I wish I'd not bought Holly. I thought at the time I'd be satisfied with a 5ct. Alas, that is no longer the case and I hate that I stand to lose money on this stone. And I also wish I'd gone the superideal route bc that seems to be a mind-clean issue for me too.

We have Graff here, along with HW and Tiffany and Cartier. Even the non-designer / non-high end jewellers here stock massive stones. I have to pretend I'm half-blind when I walk past these boutiques!! lol

I read your Holly thread very recently even though it’s a few years old so finding this thread to me is very funny xD Holly is truly lovely and I thought it was a cool name! I am sad for Holly that 5ct is no longer enough haha. I think you’ll end up losing money if you do upgrade and it may be hard to find a buyer at the price point you’re looking at (can you consign without sending in the stone? Guess not), but at the same time I understand that you definitely want to upgrade Holly eventually, so I think you should keep your mind on that long-term goal instead of spending money on halo settings or OECs that aren’t what you truly want. I wish you the very best in the search and sale!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read your Holly thread very recently even though it’s a few years old so finding this thread to me is very funny xD Holly is truly lovely and I thought it was a cool name! I am sad for Holly that 5ct is no longer enough haha. I think you’ll end up losing money if you do upgrade and it may be hard to find a buyer at the price point you’re looking at (can you consign without sending in the stone? Guess not), but at the same time I understand that you definitely want to upgrade Holly eventually, so I think you should keep your mind on that long-term goal instead of spending money on halo settings or OECs that aren’t what you truly want. I wish you the very best in the search and sale!!

@jadesilver , I'm a little sad for her too, truth be told; which is why I think my plan of turning her into one of a pair of studs is a better plan. She's truly lovely and has been a faithful companion for the last several years.

I actually read back some of my replies. It is true that I would end up losing a lot of money if I do trade in/ sell her. But a PS'er made me a cash offer on behalf of her friend that's better than WF's trade-in price. That tells me that WF's offer was too low in the first place. I haven't really reached out to other vendors yet, as mentioned, bc my funds are not fully in place.

I am trying to keep that long term goal in mind. It's hard bc temptation is everywhere. The VCA Onyx earrings were something I bought with money given to me by my husband for my b'day + for Xmas. I love love love them but think perhaps I should have put the money towards the "upgrade Holly funds"....ah well...

Once all the vendors' offers are in and once I reach the funds goal (goal is about USD100k+), I'll KNOW my final decision will be. I'll also need to find out the cost of an incoming/ replacement stone. I'm parking the money in an account that's hard to reach so I don't go withdraw it/ transfer it out should temptation strike again!! lolol

In the meantime, I'm keeping my eyes and ears open in case an amazing stone comes along. In the past this has happened, more than once, and I just didn't have the all the relevant funds at the time to snap up the beauty(ies)!!:nono:

Last edited:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You are right, the 5.5 might not quench my thirst just yet. At the same time, i am not sure if I really want a 10 (it's gorgeous but so much $). Also, say I hold out and wait 8 years later to get the 10ct, that means all these years of no e-ring at all :confused2: I am thinking of working with vendors with favorable upgrade policies e.g. BN - that way if down the line the 5.5 is not it, I can just trade up.

I think at the point in time when you bought Holly, you did what you thought was best for you and your needs at that moment in time. It's only after owning it over time that we truly know what works and what doesn't. So at least now you know what your baseline is. Besides, over time our taste changes too. I remember 15 years ago really disliking heart shaped diamonds...now I actually find it kind of cute for specific projects like stacking rings.

I am really hoping that you get an amazing offer on your stone - it is in the PS hall of fame and is utterly gorgeous. Plus, that means your dreams of a large EC is doable! Fingers crossed that you do get a decent offer so that you can get a lovely stone.

Isn't it great (and bad) that there's all this massive bling everywhere in stores? More tempting eye candy!!!;)2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alexiszoe , how about getting that 7ct you were thinking about? It's a happy medium/ half way point.

Funny story, I think I might have told you/ posted about this here in the past. I tried on a 12ct antique EC in J colour with fluor and thought it was beautiful and white face-up. I did have the funds at the time for that one but didn't buy it bc I thought it was too big!! Fast forward a few years and am kicking myself for not having snapped it up. IIRC, it went for something like GBP170k.

Re Holly, actually even though I thought 5ct would be my upper limit, I did have the possibility of an upgrade. I did enquire with Perry Chen (who representing Leon Mege's business then, got the stone for me, though I'd found it listed elsewhere), and I'm pretty sure (though am too lazy to dig up all the email exchange) he said I could upgrade. Well, now Perry doesn't work for LM any more. I don't think I was that stupid, ie. buying a stone without the possibility of an upgrade. I am not even going to bother enquring with Leon now bc I think he and Perry didn't get along (forgive me, Perry/ Leon, if I am wrong here). Besides, what I'd really like is a superideal (this I know now, at the time it wasn't that important to me), so there's no point checking with Leon.

Being able to upgrade Holly to a 7ct superideal AND also owning a larger, most likely warmer, EC would def be the best of both worlds, like having my cake and eat it too!!:clap: Then I'd have 3 erings, inclg my pear, though I might be selling that one at some point. I think 3 might be too much! lol

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@jadesilver , I'm a little sad for her too, truth be told; which is why I think my plan of turning her into one of a pair of studs is a better plan. She's truly lovely and has been a faithful companion for the last several years.

I actually read back some of my replies. It is true that I would end up losing a lot of money if I do trade in/ sell her. But a PS'er made me a cash offer on behalf of her friend that's better than WF's trade-in price. That tells me that WF's offer was too low in the first place. I haven't really reached out to other vendors yet, as mentioned, bc my funds are not fully in place.

I am trying to keep that long term goal in mind. It's hard bc temptation is everywhere. The VCA Onyx earrings were something I bought with money given to me by my husband for my b'day + for Xmas. I love love love them but think perhaps I should have put the money towards the "upgrade Holly funds"....ah well...

Once all the vendors' offers are in and once I reach the funds goal (goal is about USD100k+), I'll KNOW my final decision will be. I'll also need to find out the cost of an incoming/ replacement stone. I'm parking the money in an account that's hard to reach so I don't go withdraw it/ transfer it out should temptation strike again!! lolol

In the meantime, I'm keeping my eyes and ears open in case an amazing stone comes along. In the past this has happened, more than once, and I just didn't have the all the relevant funds at the time to snap up the beauty(ies)!!:nono:

The VCA earrings are lovely on you, stylish and classy! Based on what they’ve quoted me and other people (HappyNewLife traded in for 74% of what she paid if I’m not mistaken) on PS, I think WF offers a pretty moderate price for trade-in since they’re resellers and a cash offer from a private buyer would be much higher. I don’t think WF’s trade-in offer would be comparable to what you’d get from consignment or best scenario, finding a private buyer, I think the latter would get you the highest offer. Totally understand temptation being everywhere!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , I remember your story about that EC. It must have been painful thinking about it now...although this means more hunting for the perfect warm EC when the time comes ;)2

I am glad you mentioned a warm EC - I find that at larger sizes I prefer them warm. It still faces up white (for some ECs) and looks alive. High color large ECs, to me, feels incredibly icy cold - I know that's not a good description but it's how it makes me feel. It is a lovely look, just not for me.

Lol you are no help! I must admit the 7ct is a good size. This is something that I am still thinking about, I guess when the time comes I would know better on which direction to go.

Re: upgrading with Perry, are you tied to Leon and he has no super ideals? Or are you able to continue working with Perry? It's such a shame since you went in with the possible idea of upgrading :(

I know 3 erings sounds a bit much but that also means you have different looks for different occasions :mrgreen2:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A little off topic but I found this jeweler's instagram with a bunch of 5 to 6 carat ECs in I-J color below...it looks incredible!

22580448_127114151282385_2732507950911324160_n(1).jpg

The jeweler's instagram has a ton of large diamonds which are absolutely droolworthy if you like some eye candy!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little off topic but I found this jeweler's instagram with a bunch of 5 to 6 carat ECs in I-J color below...it looks incredible!

22580448_127114151282385_2732507950911324160_n(1).jpg

The jeweler's instagram has a ton of large diamonds which are absolutely droolworthy if you like some eye candy!

OMG!! FAINT!! I super super love these!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

What is it about large EC's?!

I am not sure about Leon. I haven't really enquired yet. I might use him to upgrade to a large EC later, not sure. I can't go with Perry bc the stone was bought from Leon's business.

I hope you get the stone of your dream, Alexis. The only other thing I'd say is that upgrades are a real PITA, better to get it right straightaway (though I hear you about one's taste changing over time).

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OMG!! FAINT!! I super super love these!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

What is it about large EC's?!

I am not sure about Leon. I haven't really enquired yet. I might use him to upgrade to a large EC later, not sure. I can't go with Perry bc the stone was bought from Leon's business.

I hope you get the stone of your dream, Alexis. The only other thing I'd say is that upgrades are a real PITA, better to get it right straightaway (though I hear you about one's taste changing over time).

Tiny hijack: I see a fair amount of large MRBs in Dallas, but I was at an underground pop-up kind of restaurant and one of the women had an enormous EC that flashed at me all night. I went over and very sheepishly asked if I could see it, and she offered her hand and let me look at it for probably far longer than was polite. I wanted to ask if she was a PSer, but I felt like I was already acting a little impertinent. Anyway, I still have daydreams about how gorgeous it was. :kiss2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. I'd upgrade Holly. Although I will caution you that it's all, as you know, perspective. Before I got Bertie, my SS oval felt huge to me. Now, she appears kind of small, compared to a Halo'd 10mm. I still love her and will never sell her, but my point is perspective (aka: DSS). I wonder if even an upgrade to Holly will scratch the itch long term?? I hope I'm not offending you, but I just want you to end up with a forever ring, as I'd guess that if you tallied it all up, you've lost a pretty penny in all of the upgrades, sold settings, etc. (I know I have and the pieces I've sold are MUCH smaller than yours). Either way, I think you'd be happier with an MRB over an optimized old cut. Can't wait to see how this journey ends!! It's going to be spectacular!

As an aside, do you still have your gorgeous pear?? That's one of my all time fav rings!

Yes, the thought has occured to me, Yenny. There's always going to be DSS. But I really have to stop at some point. I've tried various sizes on over the years, and a 7ct is plenty big , big enough for me - within the money constraints. And I am fully aware that may sound ridiculous especially since I have quite a fair bit of bling - larger, high-end/ designer etc...I count my blessings everyday. I am grateful for what I have and I feel a 7ct is the max limit, for me. And that's where I am going to stop!!

I haven't lost anything in my upgrades bc I've upgraded with BGD twice. And I have not sold any settings, lol. My previous settings were either temp (aka inexpensive) or have been re-purposed. But I do get your point. And I did lose money on the 2.656ct stone when I sold it loose. And I have given a lot of my smaller, less inexpensive bling to my nieces & sisters.

And I also agree that in my heart, what I really really really want is a large superideal cut MRB. I should hold out for that and not get distracted (easier said than done, lol). Looking back, what I have always always wanted were/ are: 1) a large superideal cut MRB of a higher colour, preferably a G ; and 2) a large EC, at least a 7ct or maybe even larger, of a warmer colour, prob an I or even a J (but only if the J has MBF).

My pear? I still have it but I seldom wear it. My ring du jour seems to be either Holly or the VCA Lotus ring. I think I will put the pear up for sale - seems a shame to leave it in dark recess, unloved!

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix -

I've always thought you'd upgrade sooner than later, but - just to say....

In 2 years and 5 months I'm going to throw another chunk of change at my center stone. If it turns out that you don't upgrade till then, you can take my ACA solitaire, I'll take Holly off your hands for the price difference, and you can use my stone towards an ACA upgrade.

Just throwing this out there. I was going to email you re this idea a week or two ago, but since this thread is going, I thought I'd put it here. I've upgraded my 3.61 stone, as you know, I've bought the VC stone + setting, I bought a new roof and am replacing a bunch of windows in my house, and I'm going to the Bahamas in January. So any significant budget I had is now blown. I *was* thinking about pushing it now and going larger, but I decided to leave it till early 2020 and went ahead and got the 3.4ct in the meantime. DH, bless his heart, said "But Mrs-B...you'll be turning SIXTY! Don't you think you should be getting 6cts??" God love his little cotton socks - I am one lucky woman! 5ct is my max, tho, and Holly would be perfectamundo.

@mrs-b, I sent you a couple of emails about this. Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results