Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Please, you must have a share in my conversation....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

SAY you were considering a bezel set style ring for a cushion diamond. Ala la Tiffany bezet or other bezel styles these days.

SAY the diamond was a D color cushion. What color/metal would you set the head of the stone in and for the shank. Same color?

SAY the diamond was a J color cushion. Same question applies.

I wear all metal colors all the time and have been known to mix and match on the same finger.

Thanks!

cheers--Sharon

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I'll play! :bigsmile:

D = White metal

J = Depends! :tongue:

If I wanted to play up the tint, yellow, if I didn't then white.

I really like all colours of diamonds and I am not adverse to I, J and K's. My engagement ring is a RB 1.7 I colour and previously owned a 1.43 L AVC. I LOVE to see a diamond's colour.

:wavey:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm, tricky... depending on the goal ::)

I'd say:

D= 18k or 22k yellow gold
J= White head (for cushion, or asscher or anything other than a RB), However I've seen a K color asscher in yellow gold head and it was TDF! as it was warm and buttery :lickout: - I now have a J asscher in White gold (trying to hide a little bit of the color) ior maybe rose gold

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank SM, DT and SS!

Would any of you mix head and shank color? I saw the bezet, with a rb, with a plat head and rose gold shank. Interesting!

All opinions welcome!

cheers--Sharon

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolutely I would mix colors and the majority of the time I do 8) My current semi bezel is mixed now. Gives me versatility.

the metal looks a bit rosey (14k), but definitely not rose gold as I have a band made up in rose gold and white gold.
resetmc%20005.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1306179754|2928424 said:
absolutely I would mix colors and the majority of the time I do 8) My current semi bezel is mixed now. Gives me versatility.

the metal looks a bit rosey (14k), but definitely not rose gold as I have a band made up in rose gold and white gold.
resetmc%20005.jpg

Looks marvy! Do you have a link to your thread? I am hopeless searching with this PS version..... Thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here you go my dear!... https://www.pricescope.com/communit...i-bezel-split-shank-solitaire-is-done.160013/

also I have a white bezel on princess cut with yellow chain on a dbty bracelet
here:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rincess-cut-dbty-bracelet-in-two-tone.155307/

braceletdt4.jpg
and I did a yellow gold bezel but with light blue sapphires on sterling here:

file.jpg

and just for fun my vintage band in rose gold with white gold (the rhodium has worn off) I think it would look stunning if the reverse of metal was used too! so the single cut diamonds in the center would actually standout a little more.
rosewhitegoldband.jpg

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
D color - yellow or rose gold to bring out the white of the diamond
J color - depends on whether I'd want to play up the color of the diamond, but a J color is pretty subtle

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1306171558|2928350 said:
HI:

SAY you were considering a bezel set style ring for a cushion diamond. Ala la Tiffany bezet or other bezel styles these days.

SAY the diamond was a D color cushion. What color/metal would you set the head of the stone in and for the shank. Same color?
Plat, palladium, plated white gold, to match the face-up colour of the diamond

SAY the diamond was a J color cushion. Same question applies.
14k unplated nickel alloy white gold, to still match the face-up colour of the diamond (maybe 18k if it's a large cushion w/ more tint)

I wear all metal colors all the time and have been known to mix and match on the same finger.

Thanks!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1306180884|2928437 said:
here you go my dear!... https://www.pricescope.com/communit...i-bezel-split-shank-solitaire-is-done.160013/

also I have a white bezel on princess cut with yellow chain on a dbty bracelet
here:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rincess-cut-dbty-bracelet-in-two-tone.155307/

braceletdt4.jpg
and I did a yellow gold bezel but with light blue sapphires on sterling here:

file.jpg

and just for fun my vintage band in rose gold with white gold (the rhodium has worn off) I think it would look stunning if the reverse of metal was used too! so the single cut diamonds in the center would actually standout a little more.
rosewhitegoldband.jpg

Thanks again D & T--I dunno how I missed your thread, your ring is stunning! Holy Moly! Actually, all you pieces are!

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the second BGD ring you posted and I'd do white metal...(unplated whitegold if Brian can do it for the J)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks Amelia, Yssie and MrsS. The first setting I posted is in 14K--it seems my rings are either plat, 18K or higher (y/g).

I appreciate the suggestions!

cheers--Sharon

slg47

Ideal_Rock
2nd ring, rose gold gets my vote! although I would personally prefer if the diamond was slightly lowered.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1306194490|2928645 said:
2nd ring, rose gold gets my vote! although I would personally prefer if the diamond was slightly lowered.

Thanks! I wonder how high it sits....I must admit I like higher settings... I should search this site to see if anyone has this setting and how it looks IRL.....

cheers--Sharon

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ms. Canuk ::) for your kind comment, I actually like both settings and prefer semi bezels in 14k since I'm not worried about prongs and I find them more scratch resistent, and the semi bezel is pretty sturdy in itself but its personal preference and the color of the metal may weigh on your decision.

ETA: forgot to mention that the first looks like they use an adwar stock ring, which could mean that you are limited to getting a one color metal ring and that they may not be able to get it in two tone?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1306203757|2928777 said:
Thank you Ms. Canuk ::) for your kind comment, I actually like both settings and prefer semi bezels in 14k since I'm not worried about prongs and I find them more scratch resistent, and the semi bezel is pretty sturdy in itself but its personal preference and the color of the metal may weigh on your decision.

ETA: forgot to mention that the first looks like they use an adwar stock ring, which could mean that you are limited to getting a one color metal ring and that they may not be able to get it in two tone?
HI:

I don't know D & T; I should ask! I am still in a quandry about stones!

cheers--Sharon

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I vote white metal for both, but mostly I couldn't resist the Pride and Prejudice reference.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainwood|1306218843|2928924 said:
I vote white metal for both, but mostly I couldn't resist the Pride and Prejudice reference.

Well done! Just watched Mr. Darcy the other night!

cheers--Sharon

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hiya Sharon,
I prefer the second setting for its simplicity, and I would set both a D and a J in all yellow gold. I have a G and an M (both old cuts) in 18k yellow and the G is blinding against the gold. The M pops in gold as well. I have a K in an unplated 18k white gold bezel and it often faces up much whiter than the metal for an interesting contrast, but I still prefer gold-gold. Just think of what you want the overall effect to be-a bit of contrast vs. monochrome-with regards to the bezel setting for the diamond. Mixed metals will give you the contrast as well. I just like it right next to the diamond.

Cheers and good luck!

ps-I'm psyched that you are considering a bezeled cushion!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.