shape
carat
color
clarity

Please, you must have a share in my conversation....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

SAY you were considering a bezel set style ring for a cushion diamond. Ala la Tiffany bezet or other bezel styles these days.

SAY the diamond was a D color cushion. What color/metal would you set the head of the stone in and for the shank. Same color?

SAY the diamond was a J color cushion. Same question applies.

I wear all metal colors all the time and have been known to mix and match on the same finger.

Thanks!

cheers--Sharon

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I'll play! :bigsmile:

D = White metal

J = Depends! :tongue:

If I wanted to play up the tint, yellow, if I didn't then white.

I really like all colours of diamonds and I am not adverse to I, J and K's. My engagement ring is a RB 1.7 I colour and previously owned a 1.43 L AVC. I LOVE to see a diamond's colour.

:wavey:

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

D - White Gold
J - Rose Gold

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm, tricky... depending on the goal ::)

I'd say:

D= 18k or 22k yellow gold
J= White head (for cushion, or asscher or anything other than a RB), However I've seen a K color asscher in yellow gold head and it was TDF! as it was warm and buttery :lickout: - I now have a J asscher in White gold (trying to hide a little bit of the color) ior maybe rose gold

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank SM, DT and SS!

Would any of you mix head and shank color? I saw the bezet, with a rb, with a plat head and rose gold shank. Interesting!

All opinions welcome!

cheers--Sharon

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolutely I would mix colors and the majority of the time I do 8) My current semi bezel is mixed now. Gives me versatility.

the metal looks a bit rosey (14k), but definitely not rose gold as I have a band made up in rose gold and white gold.
resetmc%20005.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1306179754|2928424 said:
absolutely I would mix colors and the majority of the time I do 8) My current semi bezel is mixed now. Gives me versatility.

the metal looks a bit rosey (14k), but definitely not rose gold as I have a band made up in rose gold and white gold.
resetmc%20005.jpg

Looks marvy! Do you have a link to your thread? I am hopeless searching with this PS version..... Thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here you go my dear!... https://www.pricescope.com/communit...i-bezel-split-shank-solitaire-is-done.160013/

also I have a white bezel on princess cut with yellow chain on a dbty bracelet
here:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rincess-cut-dbty-bracelet-in-two-tone.155307/

braceletdt4.jpg
and I did a yellow gold bezel but with light blue sapphires on sterling here:

file.jpg

and just for fun my vintage band in rose gold with white gold (the rhodium has worn off) I think it would look stunning if the reverse of metal was used too! so the single cut diamonds in the center would actually standout a little more.
rosewhitegoldband.jpg

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
D color - yellow or rose gold to bring out the white of the diamond
J color - depends on whether I'd want to play up the color of the diamond, but a J color is pretty subtle

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1306171558|2928350 said:
HI:

SAY you were considering a bezel set style ring for a cushion diamond. Ala la Tiffany bezet or other bezel styles these days.

SAY the diamond was a D color cushion. What color/metal would you set the head of the stone in and for the shank. Same color?
Plat, palladium, plated white gold, to match the face-up colour of the diamond

SAY the diamond was a J color cushion. Same question applies.
14k unplated nickel alloy white gold, to still match the face-up colour of the diamond (maybe 18k if it's a large cushion w/ more tint)

I wear all metal colors all the time and have been known to mix and match on the same finger.

Thanks!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1306180884|2928437 said:
here you go my dear!... https://www.pricescope.com/communit...i-bezel-split-shank-solitaire-is-done.160013/

also I have a white bezel on princess cut with yellow chain on a dbty bracelet
here:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rincess-cut-dbty-bracelet-in-two-tone.155307/

braceletdt4.jpg
and I did a yellow gold bezel but with light blue sapphires on sterling here:

file.jpg

and just for fun my vintage band in rose gold with white gold (the rhodium has worn off) I think it would look stunning if the reverse of metal was used too! so the single cut diamonds in the center would actually standout a little more.
rosewhitegoldband.jpg

Thanks again D & T--I dunno how I missed your thread, your ring is stunning! Holy Moly! Actually, all you pieces are!

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the second BGD ring you posted and I'd do white metal...(unplated whitegold if Brian can do it for the J)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks Amelia, Yssie and MrsS. The first setting I posted is in 14K--it seems my rings are either plat, 18K or higher (y/g).

I appreciate the suggestions!

cheers--Sharon

slg47

Ideal_Rock
2nd ring, rose gold gets my vote! although I would personally prefer if the diamond was slightly lowered.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1306194490|2928645 said:
2nd ring, rose gold gets my vote! although I would personally prefer if the diamond was slightly lowered.

Thanks! I wonder how high it sits....I must admit I like higher settings... I should search this site to see if anyone has this setting and how it looks IRL.....

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second ring, white gold bezel and rose gold shank!!!! (Oh, and I'd make it in 18k)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ms. Canuk ::) for your kind comment, I actually like both settings and prefer semi bezels in 14k since I'm not worried about prongs and I find them more scratch resistent, and the semi bezel is pretty sturdy in itself but its personal preference and the color of the metal may weigh on your decision.

ETA: forgot to mention that the first looks like they use an adwar stock ring, which could mean that you are limited to getting a one color metal ring and that they may not be able to get it in two tone?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1306203757|2928777 said:
Thank you Ms. Canuk ::) for your kind comment, I actually like both settings and prefer semi bezels in 14k since I'm not worried about prongs and I find them more scratch resistent, and the semi bezel is pretty sturdy in itself but its personal preference and the color of the metal may weigh on your decision.

ETA: forgot to mention that the first looks like they use an adwar stock ring, which could mean that you are limited to getting a one color metal ring and that they may not be able to get it in two tone?

HI:

I don't know D & T; I should ask! I am still in a quandry about stones!

cheers--Sharon

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I vote white metal for both, but mostly I couldn't resist the Pride and Prejudice reference.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainwood|1306218843|2928924 said:
I vote white metal for both, but mostly I couldn't resist the Pride and Prejudice reference.

Well done! Just watched Mr. Darcy the other night!

cheers--Sharon

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hiya Sharon,
I prefer the second setting for its simplicity, and I would set both a D and a J in all yellow gold. I have a G and an M (both old cuts) in 18k yellow and the G is blinding against the gold. The M pops in gold as well. I have a K in an unplated 18k white gold bezel and it often faces up much whiter than the metal for an interesting contrast, but I still prefer gold-gold. Just think of what you want the overall effect to be-a bit of contrast vs. monochrome-with regards to the bezel setting for the diamond. Mixed metals will give you the contrast as well. I just like it right next to the diamond.

Cheers and good luck!

ps-I'm psyched that you are considering a bezeled cushion!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results