shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show us your Ring Family on One Hand

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s raining, so this is poor lighting and I didn’t clean them all before the photo (bad bad diamond and gem mama).....

I also have an emerald that needs to be set, but its probably going to be a good amount, so it’s in the safe now. It will be my next project, so I will have to save up for it— likely 2021 project. I don’t like having gems sitting in the safe un set. I’m going to let Inken (who sourced the stone) set it.

I also got obsessed with Rubys in the last few weeks, so I did an “oops, I hit buy” and then “oops I picked out a setting” on a 4.8mm vivid open red ruby from africa gems that is getting set in a Stuller crown setting. I’ll have that in about 2 weeks I guess.

Here is an incomplete family photo. I didn’t include my bands.

48CF4218-C0DD-41A7-A767-2D455FA1ADB6.jpeg

LOVE each and every piece @whitewave!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That spinel is so pretty. I remember it on LT and how it was listed as a sapphire as well. It has a pretty, feminine color.

I still like your heart ring and middle finger top ring very much!

Oh thank you so much, I know how funny the story about the spinel is, can't make this stuff up sometimes!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave Such beautiful colours in your collection! That blue sapphire still has my heart though. What a stunner!

@YadaYadaYada Love that you buy, assess, then sell what you don't want in order to buy new things that you do want. I'm really enjoying watching your collection evolve.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b my heart skips a beat at your collection. I just love it all.

@YadaYadaYada that spinel! Those bands! I was late to the party, had other Bill's to pay, on the OEC and I know you held it back but if it is ever in need of adoption again :).

@whitewave what a collection. The ring on your pinky is such happiness to look at.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave Such beautiful colours in your collection! That blue sapphire still has my heart though. What a stunner!

@YadaYadaYada Love that you buy, assess, then sell what you don't want in order to buy new things that you do want. I'm really enjoying watching your collection evolve.

F41A3A18-5584-4E97-8F0E-41189280168B.jpeg

Pics don’t do it justice. The sapphire looked like a rich royal blue in the car last week with the Saharan dust...

Thank you.

@CSpan that is my little heart to remind me to love myself.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Alex T, to be honest it's more necessity, if I want something then I need to sell something to finance the new jewel because there is no magical pot or money tree :)

@CSpan, I will definitely let you know if I decide to part with it!

@whitewave, there it is that beautiful three stone, it is so pretty, I hope you wear it often and congrats on your new CBI upgrade too, a little late to the party on that one, not sure how I missed it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to find the thread on that opal ring!!!

Thanks for the kind words about my ring. That thread has not great pics because I didn't have an iPhone at the time but I did add photos later on near the end of that thread. Those photos are in other threads here too though. You have probably seen enough photos of my opal lol but here is the thread you wanted to see. Again not great pics but here it is.

And a photo I didn't share in that thread but is elsewhere on PS. With my Leibish pink diamond band.

blackopalandpinkdiamonds.jpg.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pics don’t do it justice. The sapphire looked like a rich royal blue in the car last week with the Saharan dust...

Thank you.

Gorgeous. Bluetiful. :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone's rings are so gorgeous! I usually refrain from posting in threads like these because when I do group shots I manage to make every one of my rings look like crud. Ok, I tried but really they look so much better than these pics.

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words about my ring. That thread has not great pics because I didn't have an iPhone at the time but I did add photos later on near the end of that thread. Those photos are in other threads here too though. You have probably seen enough photos of my opal lol but here is the thread you wanted to see. Again not great pics but here it is.

And a photo I didn't share in that thread but is elsewhere on PS. With my Leibish pink diamond band.

blackopalandpinkdiamonds.jpg.jpeg

Thud!!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone's rings are so gorgeous! I usually refrain from posting in threads like these because when I do group shots I manage to make every one of my rings look like crud. Ok, I tried but really they look so much better than these pics.

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

Omg the opals and that three stone EC ring... wow!!!

H

Horsegirl76

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

OMG! Catmom your collection is absolutely incredible! How do you ever decide what to wear?

H

Horsegirl76

Thank you.

I love this ring! Perfect in every way.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg the opals and that three stone EC ring... wow!!!

Thank you pearaffair!

OMG! Catmom your collection is absolutely incredible! How do you ever decide what to wear?

Thanks Horsegirl76! I pick what I'm going to wear based on the color of the clothing I'm wearing, lol. I have my favorites though, so a lot doesn't get worn as much.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @OboeGal :wavey:

No - that's a new one - an OEC, .7ct, 5.7mm, F color, and SI2 clarity. A very sweet little stone. It started out at .79ct, but I had it tidied up a little. I actually think it's above .7ct, but I'm rounding down on the side of caution. Either side are 2 baby AVR's - 9 points and 10 points, I believe, and the setting is in platinum.

I love this ring, but am thinking I might redo it with a larger center. It's just so nice, it deserves to be more...central? Something. Just to have a little more presence. I love gypsy rings. The first ring I ever owned was my father's rose gold gypsy ring, and I loved it with a passion! Been recreating it ever since. :))

Oooo, thank you for the details! I absolutely love it - I think the proportions are perfect, and just what I had in mind for a future three-stone, so now I know what numbers to go with.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

O M G
what a wonderful collection!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@Catmom I don't think they could ever look like crud! Beautiful rings! Is that a blue sapphire on your ring finger? It's sizeable and a lovely color!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom I don't think they could ever look like crud! Beautiful rings! Is that a blue sapphire on your ring finger? It's sizeable and a lovely color!

Aww thank you elizat but I'm terrible at taking group shots. Yes that is a blue sapphire and is just shy of 5 carats.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I agree with @Catmom that it is impossible to make a whole hand look nice. They look a mess. I am missing one ring that is a project from a while back I recently got, a pinkish- orange pad like spinel with cadi cut diamonds.

This is the updated photo, minus that.

IMG_20200705_164131.jpg

IMG_20200705_164437.jpg

Plus, with so many some look larger or smaller than they are. Like the sapphire below is a good size and very apparent on the hand, but looks small in the photo of everything.

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_165011.jpg
    IMG_20200705_165011.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 88

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @Catmom that it is impossible to make a whole hand look nice. They look a mess. I am missing one ring that is a project from a while back I recently got, a pinkish- orange pad like spinel with cadi cut diamonds.

IMG_20200705_164131.jpg

IMG_20200705_164437.jpg

Plus, with so many some look larger or smaller than they are. Like the sapphire below is a good size and very apparent on the hand, but looks small in the photo of everything.

So gorgeous! I love every one of them!!

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_20200705_164131.jpg

IMG_20200705_164437.jpg

You have amazing taste! :lickout: How do you decide which to wear?! They are all so beautiful!!!:kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

Thud!

40A2B9D6-5DD8-40A1-8CE0-B15F50471F85.gif

ETA: That star shaped ring (middle finger) gets me every time!!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
You have amazing taste! :lickout: How do you decide which to wear?! They are all so beautiful!!!:kiss2:

Thanks! I probably wear the three sapphire halo rings and the old cut pear, as well as my new o-p omc the most. I need to send the light yellow rose cut with the yogo sapphire halo off for sizing and once that's sized and is comfortable, I think I will wear it a lot.

I go through phases where I wear the same thing for months or don't wear anything at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results