shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show us your Ring Family on One Hand

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! Can you tell me about your oval bezelled cabochon ring? In yellow gold?

It's actually rose gold (I think 18k) and it's a carnelian - it was my mom's from the '60's, I used to wore it everyday from my teens throughout my 20's, I sometimes wear it now, although my fingers are more sausage-y then they used to be!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's actually rose gold (I think 18k) and it's a carnelian - it was my mom's from the '60's, I used to wore it everyday from my teens throughout my 20's, I sometimes wear it now, although my fingers are more sausage-y then they used to be!

It’s beautiful :)

H

Horsegirl76

So gorgeous, sophisticated and classy—beautiful mrs—b!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
An updated shot - still got a few more to go.

20200702_194158.jpg

Gorgeous collection!

I'm struck by the flush-set 3-stone - is the center stone that beautiful little AVR you had? I love the proportion of the stones to each other. Do you happen to have a thread about that one? Reeeeally interested in the deets...... :love:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b You have so many gorgeous pieces, I would love to see some of your favorite ring combinations!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
....and not on my hand, but just a fun one as an extra:

20200702_193851.jpg

@mrs-b, I’m a bad Catholic girl because I covet everything in this photo, including the ones that are not (your bangles and hoop earrings)...very bad indeed!:devil:❤️

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updated photo, some additions and subtractions. The two rings with the bands on my pinky are moissy for full disclosure :)

IMG_8935.JPG

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updated photo, some additions and subtractions. The two rings with the bands on my pinky are moissy for full disclosure :)

IMG_8935.JPG

Beautiful!!! I looooove your colored bands on your pinky!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_8935.JPG

Stunning!! What is the blue stone on your middle finger, please? It's lovely.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mommylawyer, that's a periwinkle spinel, here is a better shot of it:

IMG_7919.jpg

I also just realized I missed a ring...ugh so frustrating here is the one I forgot, which I almost recently sold so I imagine if rings have feelings this one is really feeling down:

IMG_7361.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @OboeGal :wavey:

No - that's a new one - an OEC, .7ct, 5.7mm, F color, and SI2 clarity. A very sweet little stone. It started out at .79ct, but I had it tidied up a little. I actually think it's above .7ct, but I'm rounding down on the side of caution. Either side are 2 baby AVR's - 9 points and 10 points, I believe, and the setting is in platinum.

I love this ring, but am thinking I might redo it with a larger center. It's just so nice, it deserves to be more...central? Something. Just to have a little more presence. I love gypsy rings. The first ring I ever owned was my father's rose gold gypsy ring, and I loved it with a passion! Been recreating it ever since. :))

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_7919.jpg

I also just realized I missed a ring...ugh so frustrating here is the one I forgot, which I almost recently sold so I imagine if rings have feelings this one is really feeling down:

IMG_7361.JPG

They're both gorgeous. I think I need a spinel now. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @lkolarik :)) When the sun finally comes out in Massachusetts, I'm planning on doing a major photo shoot of all my pieces, and will happily indulge you! It will take a while, tho, so bear with me....

@maita13 - when I do the photo shoot mentioned above, I'm planning to photograph all the pieces I own in groups of how I wear them. And those bangles will feature many times!! :mrgreen:

Lol, @ac117! I can't believe you 'Ugh'd me!! Laughing here.... <3

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mommylawyer, they are great stones, perfect if you love sparkle and color and there are so many colors to pick from.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s raining, so this is poor lighting and I didn’t clean them all before the photo (bad bad diamond and gem mama).....

I also have an emerald that needs to be set, but its probably going to be a good amount, so it’s in the safe now. It will be my next project, so I will have to save up for it— likely 2021 project. I don’t like having gems sitting in the safe un set. I’m going to let Inken (who sourced the stone) set it.

I also got obsessed with Rubys in the last few weeks, so I did an “oops, I hit buy” and then “oops I picked out a setting” on a 4.8mm vivid open red ruby from africa gems that is getting set in a Stuller crown setting. I’ll have that in about 2 weeks I guess.

Here is an incomplete family photo. I didn’t include my bands.

48CF4218-C0DD-41A7-A767-2D455FA1ADB6.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread @LittleRed :love: Gorgeous rings all.

So I am at a disadvantage as I am recovering from left hand surgery so had to take photos on my right hand with my recovering left hand. And I am right handed so no easy feat focusing and shooting with my (post surgical) left hand. Also I do not have all my rings here as some are at our other house. And I couldn't find a few (where is my beautiful Tiffany ring) but here is my best attempt at the moment. Forgive the poor quality. My heart is in the right place however.:halo:

profiles.jpg

ringsgalore.jpg

rings.jpg

I need to find the thread on that opal ring!!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I love gypsy rings.

None of the men in my life ever wished to wear one, so I ought to, of course.

I have tried a few possibilities, discovering that these things make me happy with not small, flattish stones, not four mm above the finger [a third of the ring size], not defeating the purpose of cut www.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It’s raining, so this is poor lighting and I didn’t clean them all before the photo (bad bad diamond and gem mama).....

I also have an emerald that needs to be set, but its probably going to be a good amount, so it’s in the safe now. It will be my next project, so I will have to save up for it— likely 2021 project. I don’t like having gems sitting in the safe un set. I’m going to let Inken (who sourced the stone) set it.

I also got obsessed with Rubys in the last few weeks, so I did an “oops, I hit buy” and then “oops I picked out a setting” on a 4.8mm vivid open red ruby from africa gems that is getting set in a Stuller crown setting. I’ll have that in about 2 weeks I guess.

Here is an incomplete family photo. I didn’t include my bands.

48CF4218-C0DD-41A7-A767-2D455FA1ADB6.jpeg

I really would like an asscher.

I have always liked yours.

I should take an updated photo. But I know it has additions. However, there are subtractions as well.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

IMG_7919.jpg

IMG_7361.JPG

That spinel is so pretty. I remember it on LT and how it was listed as a sapphire as well. It has a pretty, feminine color.

I still like your heart ring and middle finger top ring very much!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really would like an asscher.

I have always liked yours.

I should take an updated photo. But I know it has additions. However, there are subtractions as well.

Thank you! If you ever decide to buy one, you know I’ll help you look!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results