carat
color
clarity

Please Show us your Ring Family on One Hand

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I think I’m done buying/building rings for now :D
IMG_4500.jpeg IMG_4498.jpeg

All of your rings are gorgeous in their own particular style! And I think it is fantastic that you have such a wide range of taste, from Edwardian to art deco to traditional to ultra modern. Bravo!

I was once told by a friend that all of my rings are plain. And I suppose they are, because I do love simple and classic most. I live a very casual life, so I concentrate my jewelry budget on items that I will have the most opportunity to wear often, soo...But I do admire this beautiful wide ranging collection!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Latest update.

New additions since I last took these pics are: the peridot cluster, the 4.3ctw diamond eternity, the plain wedder - 20kt and uber chunky, and the milgrain yellow gold band - 18kt and incorporates my melted-down wedding ring. (And FINALLY I got a photo that shows the color of my peridot!)

With gems....

IMG_2998.jpg

...and without!

IMG_3003.jpg

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Latest update.

New additions since I last took these pics are: the peridot cluster, the 4.3ctw diamond eternity, the plain wedder - 20kt and uber chunky, and the milgrain yellow gold band - 18kt and incorporates my melted-down wedding ring. (And FINALLY I got a photo that shows the color of my peridot!)

With gems....

IMG_2998.jpg

...and without!

IMG_3003.jpg

Insanely beautiful collection! But my question for you is decidedly more technical: How did you go about incorporating your band into another? I wasn’t sure it could actually be done. Did they melt it down and add additional gold? Who did it for you? Please and Thank you!

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
I think I’m done buying/building rings for now :D
IMG_4500.jpeg IMG_4498.jpeg

This might be the coolest ring collection ever. Will you point me to the thread about your bottom index finger ring? I would love to one day make a family ring like that and yours is so funky and unique.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Latest update.

With gems....

IMG_2998.jpg

...and without!

IMG_3003.jpg

All beautiful! I don’t remember the Ruby and diamond yellow gold one! Is there a thread? I love them all. So glad this thread has been revived!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insanely beautiful collection! But my question for you is decidedly more technical: How did you go about incorporating your band into another? I wasn’t sure it could actually be done. Did they melt it down and add additional gold? Who did it for you? Please and Thank you!

Easy peasy! I sent it off to DKJ and they melted it down, added extra gold (it was wearing a little thin and had become sharp on the edges) and we remade it in the same sort of design to what it had been originally.

And thanks for the nice comments, @RMOO!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All beautiful! I don’t remember the Ruby and diamond yellow gold one! Is there a thread? I love them all. So glad this thread has been revived!

I love this thread too, @Mreader. I love 'whole collection' shots. :))
The ring you mentioned is very old - 1910. It was a combination of rubies and garnets-posing-as-rubies when I bought it. I took out all the diamonds, added 3 gorgeous rubies from Gemfix and 2 super ideal cut diamonds. It's 9kt rose? 14kt? 14kt, I think - but DKJ plated it in 18kt for me to brighten it up a little.

Of all my rings, it's probably my favorite. (Sorry Beloved - don't listen!)

And here's a few better photos....
3 metal combo alt sets_2.jpg

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2355 copy.JPG

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Remind us what's the green thumb ring again? Is that new?
It's a ring @YadaYadaYada found and shared on this thread:
Some Pawn America finds:

First is this modern and interesting ring, kind of wonder if this is a Strell setting:

It's a Strell/Strellmans cocktail ring and it is big, bold and HEAVY! The stone is this radioactive YAG that I can't quite capture the color of. It's quite big (7.5) so doesn't get as much wear right now. I will have sizing beads added.

G O R G E O U S!!! :love:
Thank you @Rubies-R-Me ! ::)

Well, as they say in the classics - this don't suck!

Gorgeous, @Eli22! Just lovely!
Hahaha thank you so much @mrs-b ! :mrgreen:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous collection! Of course I am drawn to the sapphires!!
Thank you @cushioncutnut !! We have that in common...there is something about sapphires for sure! I answered Neptune's question about the Strell ring above!

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous. Loving the blues and greens especially :kiss2:
Thank you! I guess we know what colors I am naturally drawn to haha :bigsmile::mrgreen:

All of your rings are gorgeous in their own particular style! And I think it is fantastic that you have such a wide range of taste, from Edwardian to art deco to traditional to ultra modern. Bravo!

I was once told by a friend that all of my rings are plain. And I suppose they are, because I do love simple and classic most. I live a very casual life, so I concentrate my jewelry budget on items that I will have the most opportunity to wear often, soo...But I do admire this beautiful wide ranging collection!
Thank you @RMOO ! I just started collecting jewelry/rings in earnest last year (aside from my ER/wedding ring), so am still figuring out my style/taste. I've just been purchasing or commissioning what I am attracted to...and this is the result of that haha. I hear you though - classic is always a winner! The most worn pieces in my entire collection are my WR (emerald-cut eternity band) and my Asscher band. Timeless and goes with everything from casual to formal!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Incredible.
Thank you @diamondyes ! ::)

This might be the coolest ring collection ever. Will you point me to the thread about your bottom index finger ring? I would love to one day make a family ring like that and yours is so funky and unique.
Thanks @lovetodream ! Here is the thread. They were so fun to create - from sourcing the stones (I would purchase a gem to commemorate accomplishments throughout the years...so each one has meaning) to working with DK on the settings/band styles...definitely one of my favorite projects to date!

For my first custom project of 2023 and birthday present to myself, I decided to set a few of the small gemstones I’ve been collecting into stacking rings. [Warning: photo overload coming up :P2]

The gems:
0.62 ct natural light gray diamond
0.84 ct Muzo emerald (minor oil)
1.66 ct Ceylon purple sapphire (no heat/treat)
0.79 ct Madagascar blue sapphire (heat only)
0.79 ct Burmese ruby (no heat/treat)
1.14 ct Loliondo spessartite garnet (no heat/treat)

The bands:
14k unplated white gold, 2mm each. I asked for different textures for all the bands, to mix things up. The bezels were the “unifying factor.” Had a little fun with the ruby, turning it into a snake ring (inspired mostly by @ItsMainelyYou ‘s snake ring).

After I received the first set of rings, I was on the lookout for a bright yellow and/or orange gemstone to complete my rainbow. I found a “Fanta garnet” spess from DesertRose and had her send it directly to DK. So my rainbow is somewhat complete! I may need a bright yellow stone at some point :bigsmile:

I wanted to be able to stack/mix & match/pair to my heart’s desire…and these seem to be doing the trick! Amazing work by DK, as always!

DK Photos:
B27E0057-7DFD-40B9-8D03-997EDED9776B.jpeg
91584A7B-2E69-4496-9540-F263D0503672.jpeg

ABF0E8A1-B933-4A08-BA90-BB94315C763E.jpeg
39421660-E7AD-45CA-A09D-CEDC3766D5E0.jpeg

My photos:
4465819B-AA7E-4573-923D-0F6333E81EBF.jpeg
BFC5815D-CDAC-49FF-A1BE-81D1C33AEC89.jpeg
0A268B80-DB47-40E4-9E80-A060CFCB3A09.jpeg
1F208F17-A7FE-44D3-A16F-885280DB8536.jpeg
A971D050-2EE1-49F4-8C00-71A5785E13CA.jpeg
85F81E70-F0BA-4332-91D0-11B22E5C006E.jpeg

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Latest update.

With gems....

IMG_2998.jpg

...and without!

IMG_3003.jpg
@mrs-b your collection always leaves me drooling :kiss2:

This was a fun exercise and I can see now where I have some shopping opportunities…more yellow gold, more Tiffany bands and gemstone rings!

IMG_8330.jpeg

Ooh that ring on your thumb is right up my alley!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread too, @Mreader. I love 'whole collection' shots. :))
The ring you mentioned is very old - 1910. It was a combination of rubies and garnets-posing-as-rubies when I bought it. I took out all the diamonds, added 3 gorgeous rubies from Gemfix and 2 super ideal cut diamonds. It's 9kt rose? 14kt? 14kt, I think - but DKJ plated it in 18kt for me to brighten it up a little.

Of all my rings, it's probably my favorite. (Sorry Beloved - don't listen!)

And here's a few better photos....
3 metal combo alt sets_2.jpg

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2355 copy.JPG

Thanks for the close up photos! What a beauty!

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @lovetodream ! Here is the thread. They were so fun to create - from sourcing the stones (I would purchase a gem to commemorate accomplishments throughout the years...so each one has meaning) to working with DK on the settings/band styles...definitely one of my favorite projects to date!
[/QUOTE]

So they’re all individual rings and you just stack them asymmetrically to look like one ring? *GENIUS* Thank you for sharing!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b your collection always leaves me drooling :kiss2:

Ooh that ring on your thumb is right up my alley!

Thank you! My mother-in-law gifted it to me on my wedding day to her only son. It’s her mother’s “dinner ring” from Austria and we figured it was purchased in the early 1930’s. Warm colored OECs, antiqued platinum gallery with and 18kt gold shank.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
This was a fun exercise and I can see now where I have some shopping opportunities…more yellow gold, more Tiffany bands and gemstone rings!

IMG_8330.jpeg

Your five-stone is divine! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: I had to go look at its thread again. So gorgeous!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
The revival of this thread inspired me to do a new one of my hand, because I have changed up rings since the first time I did this. I cannot fit all of them but here are some of the best ones.

IMG_6625.jpeg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The revival of this thread inspired me to do a new one of my hand, because I have changed up rings since the first time I did this. I cannot fit all of them but here are some of the best ones.

IMG_6625.jpeg

Stunning! I was looking at my last pictures from 2020...and I too am inspired to do another updated pic too!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_6625.jpeg

Gorgeous collection, @Mreader! Could you pls tell me the cow of the diamonds in the 3 stone ring at the bottom of your index finger? And also - your finger size? I've been trying to do a bezel 3 stones for eons and I keep going back and forth on the design and proportions. I *really* like the look of yours, and it's making me think - maybe I need to keep it smaller.

And - again - beautiful, beautiful collection!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_6625.jpeg

I don’t know where to even start, what an extraordinary collection! That huge solitaire to the bezeled emerald, the canary diamond, etc. #ring-goals

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results