shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show pictures of wearing 10mm wide plain band

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Anyone? Even a 9mm or 11mm would help. In my homecountry/town I couldn't find a ring that wide so we couldn't also try it on. Maximum was 7mm, but this did not give the "right" feeling :)

Thanks,
Stellah

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lyra, that helps a lot. Anyway, if someone has pictures of wearing 10mm rings, they would.be highly appreciated. The thread above eeems to have pictures mainly of 12+mm wide.

Do you think 10mm wide band would be ok to wear also for my husband. He loves wide bands too, but is scared of what others think :)

jeanette

Rough_Rock
by tsikibriki666

I love wearing a wide bands I am on a self mission to bring back the traditional wedding band!
I started wearing a wide band on my right hand after my Grandmother gave me hers it was a 15mm gold wide band from Germany.
When i got engaged my to be husband bought me a thin wedding set, but I used them as a engagement rings and still got another wide gold band to go under them.

9322.jpg
wide_wedding_band_i.jpg

I wore this ring for almost 9 years .
Later I told my husband that for our 10 year adversary I would like a wide Silver colored band and he gave me this 15mm Platinum band.
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/icp/MVC-173X.jpg small.jpg[/img

This is my wedding ring now and my daughter wears my gold color band with a different engagement ring.
[ATTACH=full]538363[/ATTACH]

I hope this helps write back cheers
Jeanette

Attachments

• 67_1.jpg
    67_1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 110

jeanette

Rough_Rock
The platinum band did not show so I will try once more...

MVC-173X.jpg%20small.jpg

Jeanette

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the pictures Jeanette! Your rings are just lovely. I especially like the yellow gold one. We are also planning to get yellow or rose gold rings. Its difficult to find over 6mm wide rings where I live (north-europe). Thats why I was asking some pictures to make the decision easier. I'm pretty sure we will go with 10mm rings. Just have to convince my husband who thinks that maybe that wide band on mens hand is not appropriate. I'm pretty sure I will convince him :)

Just have to find the goldsmith now. Will post pictures when we get the rings.

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Hello Jeanette,

I forgot to mention that the thumb ring is very nice with combination of wide yellow band and e-ring. Now I have an obsession that I need to get a thumb ring also to wear with my wedding band:) I will probably get 5-7mm plain band and maybe a couple of small diamonds around the band.

Here is a picture accrording to which we will let our wedding rings to be made:

We will go with the rose gold version. What do you think about it?

Jeanette, do you have a picture of your daughters wedding set with wide ring?

BR,
Stellah

10mm-wide-wedding-band-ring-in-14-karat-rose-gold.jpg

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I think so too :) Luckily it seems that wide wedding rings are slowly coming back as I'm starting to see them more and more :appl:

shellyhappy|1355902923|3335371 said:
I like this kind of ring, it is full of elegant temperament.

jeanette

Rough_Rock
tsikibriki666

Here is a wide ring I found that I like a lot! Its not a high polish it is just nice. I don't know where I found this photo though.

i-1151531.jpg

I did wear a 5 mm thumb ring for a time and now I have a 10 mm silver thumb ring that I have worn for about 15 years. I like the feel of a wider band.

MVC-179X.jpg%20small.jpg

tsikibriki666 Please post your rings when you get them!

I will try to find more of my Daughters ring, we had a computer crash and lost most photos.

So you live in northern Europe? My mother is in Germany and I am in Arizona.

Jeanette :twirl:

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
I would also prefer to be in Arizona at the moment, we have lousy weather here (-20"C and a lot of snow) :)

The ring in this link is just perfect. I think we will take this as an example for goldsmith instead. Now i'm confused :confused: , maybe I should go with 12mm as it looks just perfect on your hand. Will let my husband probably stick to 10mm. It was hard enough to convince him with that :)

With 12mm i'm a little worried of comfort and skin under the ring (it's probably about 3mm wider that the ring I used to wear some time ago). What is your experience? Do you wear your rings 24/7 or take them away for a while? I have a little larger knuckles than my "ring-part" of the finger, so if i want it to fit well, it will be hard to push it over the knuckle. Therefore it will probably stay there for a long time after put on.

About the thumb ring, do you feel that 8mm is comfortable enough?

And everyone, please send more pictures of your wide plain wedding bands!

Thanks!

jeanette|1355943341|3335732 said:
tsikibriki666

This place has nice rings and where I would go if I was to buy.

I like the 12mm the best and this is what I was wearing...

http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product657.html

I hope this will help! wide_wedding_band_i.jpg

katrinab

Rough_Rock
Do you find that wearing a wider band can irritate your skin? I have no allergies to silver (or any allergies at all that I know of) yet after wearing a wide sterling silver ring for a week I developed a really bad, itchy rash under it. I always removed it after washing my hands etc in order to dry underneath but I think it was a combination of soaps and sweat with no real opportunity to breathe that made the skin break out. I have worn other silver rings nonstop for months with no rash but they were all quite a bit narrower. Perhaps removing your rings before bed would help too?

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Yes, i'm a little scared of skin rash. But i have worn a ring about 9mm wide for a long time 24/7 and didn't have any problems. So hopefully this extra 3mm would not make much difference. :confused:

I will probably be wearing it 24/7 for the reason in my last post.

Stellah

katrinab|1355979922|3336282 said:
Do you find that wearing a wider band can irritate your skin? I have no allergies to silver (or any allergies at all that I know of) yet after wearing a wide sterling silver ring for a week I developed a really bad, itchy rash under it. I always removed it after washing my hands etc in order to dry underneath but I think it was a combination of soaps and sweat with no real opportunity to breathe that made the skin break out. I have worn other silver rings nonstop for months with no rash but they were all quite a bit narrower. Perhaps removing your rings before bed would help too?

jeanette

Rough_Rock
tsikibriki666

This is really fun talking to you!

I love wide rings and I have worn wide bands since the age of 14 24/7 and never have I gotten a rash.
From what I understand that silver can sometimes have a little nickel in it that will cause a rash. But gold no.
8mm is comfortable enough? I think it would be great!!
I do have large knuckles, and the wider the band "up to a point" I find the more comfortable it is.
When I was looking, I'm always looking, I tried on a 18mm band and it was too wide for me. It was really big!
My 12 mm ring I wore was so comfortable that it I left it on all the time. sorta grew into it. it wouldn't come off for a long time.
Then when I got my 15 mm platinum band i went up one size just to pass the knuckle, Then lucky my Daughter wanted my 12 mm gold band for her wedding ring and it fit.
I think for rash if you stay with good quality, it's no problem. I found that with large knuckles a less wide ring will clear the knuckle then slide around all over the finger and that drives me nuts. I like it to stay where I put it.

here is a 14mm band I found on this site, I just can't remember who it belongs to sorry.

image261209.jpg http://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/img/MVC-

You can see my large ugly knuckles in this photo
175X.jpg small.jpg brite.jpg

Here is a picture of me and a friend of ours.

100_0671.jpg

Jeanette :love:

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Hello Jeanette,

Thanks for sharing your experience and photos! I have decided to go with 12mm band. I have also experienced that wider ring is much more comfortable because it stays in its place like you said. We will order our rings tomorrow. I will post picture when they're ready :)

I have not decided about thumb ring yet. Will try some different widths and decide then. Probably will stick to 6-8mm.

Thanks again :love:
Stellah

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
...forgot to mention that with rash I didn't mean allergy but when moisture gets stuck under the ring, the skin can get itchy. But i'm not concerned :)

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Here is one photo of Olivia WIlde wearing her wide wedding band. Classy :)

wildex.jpg

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
I also found some nice pictures of Deborah Shelton wearing a gorgeous wide wedding band :love:

ds1.jpg

ds2.jpg

ds3.jpg

ds4.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, those last photos you posted are hilarious! Are they from a soap opera?

I really like wide bands but would personally not go wider than about 8mm because my fingers are not long enough to go wider and be comfortable. I have always wanted a very wide plain band, and especially love the look of the one Olivie Wild is wearing!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Those pictures have me chuckling loud enough to wake the baby! So funny!

My mom has a 10mm wide yellow gold band that I love. I've been toying with the idea if getting one as an homage to hers and to wear while traveling.

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Actually these pictures are from a movie Double Body which is more horror movie than soap opera :) Anyway, being cut out of the movie they really seem hilarious :)

I managed to try on 10 and 12mm bands and found even 12mm band to be really comfortable.

Stellah

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Stellah
Did you order your rings?

Jeanette :love: :love:

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Hello Jeanette,

Yes, the rings have been ordered. For me 12mm and for my husband 10mm, both rose gold.

Stellah =)

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
...should be ready in about 1,5 weeks!

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
I just accidentally found out that I will get also an e-ring upgrade. I have told my husband several times that I would like a e-ring that matches my new wide wedding band. He has ordered me 12mm rose gold band with diamonds :love:

With my wedding band I also ordered 7mm thumb ring with couple of diamonds. So will be having 3 new rings soon :appl:

Just can't wait :(sad

Stellah

jeanette

Rough_Rock
Stellah

Is that one ring for both hands ?

I wear a 15 mm band on both hands and a 12mm thumb ring. wow I can't wait to see them.

Was going to ask you what ring size do you wear?

Jeanette

tsikibriki666

Rough_Rock
Yes, 12mm wedding band and 7mm thumb ring for left hand and 12mm ering for right hand.

My ring size is 17.5mm (don,t know what,s that in US size)

magda72

Rough_Rock
I am terrible jealous :Up_to_something: :saint: :twirl:
These are a lot of rings :love: :love:
Rose gold. Very interesting! But first you didn't want yellow gold (your fist post) :confused: . But nevertheless I can't wait to see pics. :appl:

Magda
:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results