shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your Original Tiffany Setting profile shots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies!
35.gif

After a fantastic day at Tiffany's this past Sunday with my boyfriend, we looked at some rings and I tried a few on. After trying on the Tiffany Setting instead of just looking at it all the time made a HUGE difference in my opinion of it. I always thought it was incredibly beautiful and elegant but just "not me." Well after Sunday, I think I LOVE the Tiffany Setting now. I really fell in love with the knife edge band as well! I thought it was so much thicker in mm size than what it really is (I love thin bands.) I sure thought the Tiffany Novo was going to hopefully be my ring someday but I really like how the diamond stands all on its own on the Tiffany Setting. I could not get over how it drew the light into that one concentrated area instead of the entire band! It definitely provides more "bang for your buck." This may possibly be my ring one day! (probably not for another few years yet) He also likes the Tiffany Round Brilliant with Tapered Baguettes as well.

Please, I would love to see some profile shots of your rings along with the info on what size ring it is, with diamond size as well. (and if you have any other shots of it, I will accept
30.gif
) My boyfriend had one worry that this ring would stand too high and snag things, but I have heard from lisa1.01 that it sits low on the hand. (I think this is part of the reason he likes the RB with Tapered Baguettes because it has that "tower" look to it instead of the diamond standing up on it's own) I don't think the Tiffany Setting sets too high. This is why I would love to see profile shots!

Thank you for sharing any photos with me!
28.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dreamgirl I know u already saw my pics. but I added some new ones.

P1240432Profile.ProfilePS.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
I think the whole crown sits very low like u said and I like it b/c I have Olivia and don't want it to get snagged on stuff.

P4240003.Stack.JPG

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Lisa - I love your rings! (well, you know that already, I guess
2.gif
)
Dreamgirl - There are even more pics of Lisa''s beautiful rings she posted here on my thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-tiffany-celebration-rings.83849/
It has some great side-views of the ring there as well.

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Here are some of my pics
21.gif

IMG4948.jpg

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
closeup

IMG4958.jpg

DMBgal82

Rough_Rock
I am usually a lurker but I''ll offer my pics! Mine is a 1.26. I LOVE the low profile. It really doesn''t get in the way at all. I thought I wanted the knife edge band as well but actually ended up choosing the Lucida band. I didn''t like the look of the knife edge alone one me, and I plan to wear the band by itself often. I love the thinness of it- I got the 2mm.

I have some more shots, but none with the band quite yet, though I will after Saturday!
21.gif

20080528ringprofile.JPG

DMBgal82

Rough_Rock
semi-profile shot

20080528sideview.JPG

DMBgal82

Rough_Rock
another semi-profile shot

20080528sideview1.JPG

DMBgal82

Rough_Rock
fuzzy shot of our wedding bands- do you see how huge his is compared to mine?!

20080528bands.jpg

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
ooh your setting is very nice and shiny!
9.gif

tiffany093

Rough_Rock
hi dreamgirl, choose ur ring slowly, the problem is Tiffany got too many selection & ALL ARE VERY NICE !!!

My ring 0.93 (magic size !!!) I VS2 RingSize6 (no alteration for size6 = wear, pay, go).

Color I & VS2 are Tiffany worst spec but size does matters to me !!!

What specs are u looking at ?

p11.JPG

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 2:59:57 AM
Author: Ms.Dreamy
2.gif
)
Dreamgirl - There are even more pics of Lisa''s beautiful rings she posted here on my thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-tiffany-celebration-rings.83849/
Hi Ms. Dreamy! I forgot about that great thread! I remember posting somewhere so thanks!

Also FYI there are 4 knife-edge WB on ebay right now - all look very legit!

Some are size 7 - 6.

I might even get one
31.gif

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 12:20:41 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Date: 5/28/2008 2:59:57 AM

Author: Ms.Dreamy

2.gif
)

Hi Ms. Dreamy! I forgot about that great thread! I remember posting somewhere so thanks!

Also FYI there are 4 knife-edge WB on ebay right now - all look very legit!

Some are size 7 - 6.

I might even get one
31.gif

Thanks for the info, Lisa! So nice that you thought about me! I''ve already ordered one at Tiffany''s - am going to buy it tomorow - yay! anyway, I''m a size 4 to 4.5...
yay, cool if they are your size get one of them! Would look great with your tiffany setting and your beautiful eternity bands!
30.gif

*end of my threadjack*
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Im so happy to see replies! Thank you so much, all of you and I would love to see more photos, as many as you would like to share with me! OOOOOH each of your Tiffany Settings are GORGEOUS!
36.gif

It seems like maybe it depends on the size of the diamond on how low it sits on the hand. Is this true, or just an illusion? I would assume it would be true. Do you happen to know how many mm high your rings sit on your hand?

lisa- Yes, I love your beautiful ring! Oh this is good to know. Has your ring ever snagged anything? It seems like the prong setting is obviously "flush" against the diamond so I don't see how it would snag, myself.

<Ms.Dreamy-[/b] I have seen Lisa's post there, but I will gladly look again! lol

kathy- Thank you for sharing profile shots! I love your set!

DMBgal- Im glad to hear your 1.26 doesn't get in the way. Your first profile shot makes me think that this setting goes up towards the diamond a little bit so that it isn't completely standing up all on it's own.

tiffany093- Oh, I remember you just upgraded to this ring, correct? I really like the size of your diamond. Im not sure what specs he would be interested in looking at because we hadn't planned on looking at rings. I was speaking with my favorite SA about some earrings and asked her to size my ring finger. My boyfriend came in and we were talking about my ring size, she took us over to the rings and he pointed out a few he liked. Anyway, we looked at a H, .47 and an H, .71 basically to see the sizes. We also looked at a G 1.10 RB with baguettes. So Im not really sure what his budget would be. But I really like the .71+ sizes myself. We wont be getting engaged just yet, but it was very nice to look together!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kathy, your set is one of my favorites on here, but I can't remember the specs. Do you mind sharing again to linking to your thread?

francesfarmer

Rough_Rock
Dreamgirl,
I love this thread. I love the T&Co solitaire as well, I always have. It''s just so timeless.
You all have beautiful rings!
26.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 1:20:41 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Oh Im so happy to see replies! Thank you so much, all of you and I would love to see more photos, as many as you would like to share with me! OOOOOH each of your Tiffany Settings are GORGEOUS!
36.gif

It seems like maybe it depends on the size of the diamond on how low it sits on the hand. Is this true, or just an illusion? I would assume it would be true. Do you happen to know how many mm high your rings sit on your hand?

lisa- Yes, I love your beautiful ring! Oh this is good to know. Has your ring ever snagged anything? It seems like the prong setting is obviously ''flush'' against the diamond so I don''t see how it would snag, myself.

kathy- Thank you for sharing profile shots! I love your set!

DMBgal- Im glad to hear your 1.26 doesn''t get in the way. Your first profile shot makes me think that this setting goes up towards the diamond a little bit so that it isn''t completely standing up all on it''s own.

tiffany093- Oh, I remember you just upgraded to this ring, correct? I really like the size of your diamond. Im not sure what specs he would be interested in looking at because we hadn''t planned on looking at rings. I was speaking with my favorite SA about some earrings and asked her to size my ring finger. My boyfriend came in and we were talking about my ring size, she took us over to the rings and he pointed out a few he liked. Anyway, we looked at a H, .47 and an H, .71 basically to see the sizes. We also looked at a G 1.10 RB with baguettes. So Im not really sure what his budget would be. But I really like the .71+ sizes myself. We wont be getting engaged just yet, but it was very nice to look together!
You are such a true PSer like me!

I have measured it for someone in RT a while ago and it is 8mm high from base of crown setting to top of diamond.

Sometimes random fibers get caught in the prongs but nothing major like snagging a sweater and pulling a thread.

I''m not hard on jewelry but would be afraid of those high prong settings - they really showcase the stone but are not for me.

So I need to know more on why u have different thoughts on the 6-prong vs. Novo?

I thought I had made a big mistake myself after diamondshopper''s thread - those pics. are amazing!

Only issue w/ Novo is diamond size as we talked about - the top of the stone seems small (spread) unless u go into bigger ct. size.

Very curious about your recent trip![/b]

dinkster

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 1:27:25 PM
Author:Dreamgirl
I sure thought the Tiffany Novo was going to hopefully be my ring someday but I really like how the diamond stands all on its own on the Tiffany Setting. I could not get over how it drew the light into that one concentrated area instead of the entire band! It definitely provides more ''bang for your buck.''
28.gif

I have to say, I, like you went into Tiffany''s about 2 months ago thinking that the Novo was going to be "the ring", but was drawn to the classic setting. And like you, left in love with the classic setting, and how it drew the light in, as well as the more ''bang for your buck''. Of course, my boyfriend and I are still a few months down the road from considering engagement/purchasing, but I couldn''t help but comment and say, I know exactly your feelings!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 3:49:16 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
You are such a true PSer like me!
I have measured it for someone in RT a while ago and it is 8mm high from base of crown setting to top of diamond.
Sometimes random fibers get caught in the prongs but nothing major like snagging a sweater and pulling a thread.
So I need to know more on why u have different thoughts on the 6-prong vs. Novo?
Very curious about your recent trip!
lol I know, it sounds CRAZY after I thought the Novo was meant for me! I actually posted about it here, but it is very long. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/unexpected-huge-progress-yay.86158/
Another thing was that I only saw the Novo on my hand once, and saw it again in the case another time. The first time I saw it, I asked to try it on and my boyfriend was in the store. I called him over and showed him how in love with it I was. His initial reaction to the ring was "not too crazy" about it and didn't like the cushion cut by saying it was "square." So I knew all this time he didn't care a whole lot for it but preferred the Tiffany Setting for me. I thought he was being silly so I talked non stop about the Novo. Well it was different, because we looked together this time so it felt more "right." I always thought it was beautiful, but never tried it on in all the years I have shopped at Tiffany. As soon as I had one on my hand it just felt different about the whole thing. Plus! If he did one day get me this setting, there is a compromise with it because the SA showed me the Novo wb with this setting and I REALLY like these 2 rings together! But anyway, thats another thread. lol

8mm? This is great news because the rings I do wear sit 8mm high! They are both a tower type setting. I guess he likes this? Next time he talks about rings, I will bring this all up to him so he knows that this might be perfect! I can see random fibers but I figured it wouldn't snag anything. Those prongs are set so well! What about the rest of you ladies? Same mm size in hight?

More photos please!
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 3:59:34 PM
Author: dinkster
I have to say, I, like you went into Tiffany's about 2 months ago thinking that the Novo was going to be 'the ring', but was drawn to the classic setting. And like you, left in love with the classic setting, and how it drew the light in, as well as the more 'bang for your buck'. Of course, my boyfriend and I are still a few months down the road from considering engagement/purchasing, but I couldn't help but comment and say, I know exactly your feelings!
Aw thanks dinkster! We are a long ways from getting engaged as well. I guess my guy knows what's right for me! I shouldn't have behaved like I did before. lol Gosh, when I had that .71ct on I couldn't get over the light hitting it. In fact, lol, I was looking at it by the case and my boyfriend told me a few times to hold it in the other light to see more sparkles. ha! I didn't want to take it off.
30.gif

I guess it's just one of those things where I thought I knew but something always bugged me that he didn't care for it too much. I wouldn't want to make him buy me something he didn't like. I think thats why I talked about it so much. Maybe I thought Id convince him it was for me or something. Plus, now that I think about it, there was always something looming in the back of my head telling me how cool it would be to have "THE" ring that has been around for over a century and that so many try to copy. It is very timeless. That and ff loves it and when I asked my Mom once which one she liked for me, she said the Tiffany Setting as well. Of course, now he likes another ring as well! haha! (which is also beautiful)

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 1:36:05 PM
Author: Addy
Kathy, your set is one of my favorites on here, but I can''t remember the specs. Do you mind sharing again to linking to your thread?

Hi Addy,

Mine is smaller than most other people''s- it''s 0.35ct, F color, VVS1 clarity, size 6.25.

Here is the original thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-engagement-ring.62144/

Dreamgirl- Mine sits 6mm high so I guess it depends on the size of the diamond

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Oooh. The classic Tiffany setting is so simple and elegant. I want one of these, too!

For literature lovers: there''s a lovely passage in Edith Wharton''s Age of Innocence that contrasts May''s modern, Tiffay-style setting with her grandmother''s ornate, Victorian e-ring.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Kim love the literary reference - will look it up....

Dreamgirl - How did I miss your thread in LIW?????

almost done reading through it but yay!!!!

Your excitement is infectious! Now I gotta try on the novo band darn it!

Kathy - you have me wanting to switch out my WB for the prong-set. How's the rubbing on plat. going these days?

DMB - such an awesome ring - GMTA!!! I remember your orig. pics. what size is that honker? Decided on WB yet?

Tiffany - what are the total specs on that lovely and could it be that 3 of us own the half-circle prong-set band?

Ms. Dreamy - I got outbid! It went for $213.00 can u believe it?

Frances - thanks and please post pics.

Dinkster - are u going for classic too?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Kathy- Thanks for the size reference! So yours is 6mm, Lisa's is 8mm.

Lisa- It's ok you missed it! I told you it was long haha! I can't help but ramble and ramble when I get excited. Oh, and the ruler I used at work must be wrong because I checked at home and the rings I have sit more about 5.5-6mm high. It's still very close anyway so I think it would still sit low!

Keep the photos coming!
31.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all so lovely & CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 3:59:34 PM
Author: dinkster

Date: 5/27/2008 1:27:25 PM
Author:Dreamgirl
I sure thought the Tiffany Novo was going to hopefully be my ring someday but I really like how the diamond stands all on its own on the Tiffany Setting. I could not get over how it drew the light into that one concentrated area instead of the entire band! It definitely provides more 'bang for your buck.'
28.gif

I have to say, I, like you went into Tiffany's about 2 months ago thinking that the Novo was going to be 'the ring', but was drawn to the classic setting. And like you, left in love with the classic setting, and how it drew the light in, as well as the more 'bang for your buck'. Of course, my boyfriend and I are still a few months down the road from considering engagement/purchasing, but I couldn't help but comment and say, I know exactly your feelings!
Funny you both thought you wanted the T. Novo...

I have always been a classic Tiffany's, solitaire girl and ever since I saw the Novo on the T. web site, I have been thinking how much I like it! I showed it to BF the other day and he wasn't that impressed...said the setting took away from the stone, whereas the classic T. setting showcases it. Which, I kind of agree with, but its just so pretty!!! See, now I am doubting myself!!! I guess I will just have to pop into the store and have a looksie myself...
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 1:13:02 PM
Author: Bia
I have always been a classic Tiffany's, solitaire girl and ever since I saw the Novo on the T. web site, I have been thinking how much I like it! I showed it to BF the other day and he wasn't that impressed...said the setting took away from the stone, whereas the classic T. setting showcases it. Which, I kind of agree with, but its just so pretty!!! See, now I am doubting myself!!! I guess I will just have to pop into the store and have a looksie myself...
31.gif
lol This is funny. That is one of the reasons ff doesn't care for it. But I agree. It has to be a very large stone on the Novo for the center stone to stand out. This was one of my comments on the Novo and something I didn't pay attention to the first time. I just saw all those sparkles the first time and thought oooooh
30.gif
This time, I noticed that the center stone gets lost and decided I didn't like that part of it. It looked like the Novo wb not the e-ring. I loved how the Tiffany Setting was all on its own as if it were screaming "Look at me! Look at me!"
31.gif
I give him credit, he obviously knows whats best for me. Also, when I had the Novo e-ring and wb on at the same time, I saw what he had originally pointed out. It just seemed like too much on me. I think Id rather have something like the Tiffany Setting on its own, and the wb being its own character.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl...wish you lived in NY so we could go stalk the Tiffany''s counter down by my way...They''d eventually have our pictures posted outside under "WARNING!"

I need a partner-in-crime
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results