shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That necklace is absolutely breathtaking. I too would love to hear its story!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
LD|1357326593|3347363 said:
Sarahbear621|1357325810|3347348 said:
Two4MeTy|1357318804|3347240 said:
I am a lurker mostly...but does this count? Me playing dress up with my mom's necklace that came out to play for my brother's wedding. I LOVE emeralds and have one to reset currently...just agonizing over how to set it. Seeing all these beautiful rings/bracelets/loose is rekindling the urge to just get it done!

Oh my goodness that is stunning! Do you know where your mother got the necklace from? I just love it. Especially the sides of the necklace that loops (not the technical term I'm sure), just stunning! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Having seen the full photo now I agree and love it even more. Sarahbear those can be called stirrups. I can't remember which designer it is (Gucci perhaps?) but they use them alot. Again, it's another art deco piece that has me swooning.

Two4meTY - you seriously have to tell your Mother that that necklace is sensational. Really really sensational. As Jewel Freak has said, it's fit for royalty and then some! Do you know how old it is, the original maker, the gold (presume platinum or white gold?)? I don't know how you managed to photograph the Emeralds so well, you must have a camera that loves green stones! Please can I borrow it? :wink2:

Thanks LD!!!

Yes Two4Me!!! More pictures and info!!!! We love hearing the details about jewelry! Heck we live for it!!!!

And I'm also curious to know what you or your mother has hiding away :naughty: Pictures please...I swear I will be good!!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear...........words cannot describe your bracelet. Love, love, love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, gosh, I have always adored Sarah's incredible bracelet but I think she needs that necklace to go with it! :o :love: Goodness there are some gorgeous pieces on here! I have never wanted emeralds because I have never seen great ones like there are on this thread. And I am too afraid of treatments to have any idea how to buy one! But I surely love seeing all of these!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet|1357327111|3347376 said:
Holy moly! That's one awesome necklace! Eh, and go ahead and wear that necklace poolside. Who cares if it gives you funny tan lines.
Kismet,
This cracked me up. Yup, the tan lines will be so worth it. :lol:

Two4MeTy

Rough_Rock
Well I am overwhelmed by the love in the room! I have always loved it when my mom would wear this necklace but as you can imagine...only college graduations, bar/bat mitzvahs, christenings, and weddings has it made it out for. Honestly though with her low key but kinda glamorous personality she could wear it taking the dogs for a walk and pull it off. I did take all these pics that day so here they are, but unfortunately I don't have any of the gory details about the necklace until I ask her about it. I wish I had some romantic "it was a formal ball on the ship and she barely made the life-boat with it on" story but alas I just think her snow-bird jeweler friend brought it down probably 20 years ago one winter from NYC and she scooped it up!

Sarahbear - your bracelet is so very beautiful!

holding_it_resized.jpg

wearing_it_resized.jpg

with_coins_resized.jpg

holding_it_0.jpg

Two4MeTy

Rough_Rock
Oh and I meant to answer that yes it is amazingly comfortable to wear as it lays perfectly (although fairly heavy!) and yes I thought I was next in line for the throne when you have it on or you want to start thanking people for the Oscar! :cheeky:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
teee heee green gorgeousness- i just love it! So really....does your mom have more beautiful jewels laying around?!?!?!

Thank you for the compliments. I saw that bracelet one night online and my DH was sweeet enough to purchase it for me as a surprize. I was so sad when I got online the next day to show it to him (again!) and saw it was sold :D

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sarahb., If I knew that story about your bracelet, I've forgotten it (I'll forget my name any minute) -- so cute!

Two4Me, when you put that necklace on, you must start automatically swishing glamorously around, impossible not to. Yes, does your mother have more glorious jewelry? We are, as you see, shameless jewelry **** lovers. Ask your mother about the necklace -- it's a story I'm sure you'll want to kow someday when it's, gasp, yours! (Besides, we would love to know more about it too; the history of a piece always adds to its attraction.)

--- Laurie

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
two cabs, Kenya material, cut by me. A third is in a ring I made for my sister; can't seem to find any photos of it as it was two computers ago.

emeraldtaxis.jpg

emerald_taxxis.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
found one! all three cabs cut from one piece of rough acquired from Hilmar Bosch about 8 years ago. Ring 24kt gold hammered from a 1/4 oz coin.

donnaemerald.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh VL that ring is dreamy!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Love, love, love, everybody's stones! :appl:

After looking at all the pics, I think I prefer yellow gold with an emerald, but my eye keeps coming back to LD's 3 stone with the round side stones. I don't know why that is so compelling, but it speaks to me. I think it's the proportions are just right. I'm going to check into setting mine in a similar manner, if that's okay with her. :bigsmile:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
iLander, of all the amazing pieces on this thread, LD's three stone is the one I couldn't get out of my head last night! I hope you make one just like it so I can drool over another beauty. :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

wearing_it_0.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL,
The high karat gold really brings out the colour of the cabochon emerald. I'll bet your sister was delighted to receive such a gift. I know I would be. Hint, hint! Size 4.5 fits just right :devil:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww iLander and Rosebloom - thank you.

iLander, you're right that it's not "normal" to have round sides with an emerald cut but it really does work. As you say, it may be about the proportions. I'd be honoured if you did something similar.

VL - liking the cab and the hammered gold finish. It makes it very unique.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
So many beautiful emeralds. I must see a high quality one in person soon! I have only had the opportunity to see pale, cloudy mall emerald rings......

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two4MeTy|1357318804|3347240 said:
I am a lurker mostly...but does this count? Me playing dress up with my mom's necklace that came out to play for my brother's wedding. I LOVE emeralds and have one to reset currently...just agonizing over how to set it. Seeing all these beautiful rings/bracelets/loose is rekindling the urge to just get it done!

Holy Crap!!! Your mother just happened to have that lying around? To have just one of those emerald cuts would be to die for, let alone a row of them in the necklace.

Thank you for sharing your mom's treasure.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Between Two's Mom's necklace and Sarah's art deco bracelet, I'm seriously drooling at my screen!

Plus all the gorgeous rings and loose stones!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That necklace is stunning. I'm not sure I've seen a more stunning necklace here on PS>

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, pieces to take one's breath away!

Here's my (way humble) emerald ring. Lighter green, with a lush jardin :rodent:

img_457.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And here's one I got on ebay and don't know for certain that those emeralds are natural. I hope they are, cause I really love the ring.

img_3359-2_-_copy.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice catch on ebay, GemFever! I too hope they're real as well!

So here are the only real emeralds I own. I bought them second hand before I was "educated." about stones. I wouldn't be surprised if they are treated up the wazoo but I love them. When I loupe them, I see lots of little stuff going on and jardin right through the center of one and on the side of the other. I tried to capture the glow - caught it a bit, but you know how it goes with these elusive emeralds :nono:

1-11-13_emerald_earrings_preview.jpg

1-11-13_emerald_earrings_2.jpg

1-11-13_emerald_earrings_3_preview.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone at some point switched out whatever ear claps/mechanisms/closings were on them, because you can see that they are simple shepherd hooks and not soldered on with any finesse - definitely not the same quality as the rest of the earrings. I still love them! I hate posts and can't wear them, so these are perfect for me. I feel all dressed up and grown up when I wear them :bigsmile: Sorry, don't do earshots, unless I can get a model to pose... :wink2:

1-11-13_emerald_earrings_4_preview.jpg

1-11-13_emerald_earrings_5_preview.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Minou, beautiful emeralds for a "pre-educated" purchase! Absolutely lovely.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemfever thanks for your kind words. Now I look back at some of the stuff I bought pre-education and cringe at the thought of what I might see under a loupe :knockout:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1357931211|3353192 said:
So here are the only real emeralds I own. I bought them second hand before I was "educated." about stones. I wouldn't be surprised if they are treated up the wazoo but I love them. When I loupe them, I see lots of little stuff going on and jardin right through the center of one and on the side of the other. I tried to capture the glow - caught it a bit, but you know how it goes with these elusive emeralds :nono:

minous, your pics came out great! I really think you did capture the glow :) And I love those earrings, they look heavenly!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to dream of that necklace tonight! :love:

mimi123

Rough_Rock
Here is my emerald ring. There are so many gorgeous emeralds in this thread - please keep posting........... :appl:

emerald151.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results