carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

D

Deactivated member 42515

kenny said:
Sarahbear621|1357221401|3346190 said:
My 5ct columbian emerald set in diamond art deco bracelet.

OMG!!!!
I'm gonna get my Mr. Johnson chopped of and become a gal so I can wear this after I swipe it from Minous after she swipes it from you.
Better call the cops; I'm on my way. :naughty: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:
I don't think you need to chop off your Mr. Johnson. I think you would be able to pull off this bracelet. Mr. Johnson and all.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1357247359|3346622 said:
kenny said:

OMG!!!!
I'm gonna get my Mr. Johnson chopped of and become a gal so I can wear this after I swipe it from Minous after she swipes it from you.
Better call the cops; I'm on my way. :naughty: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:
I don't think you need to chop off your Mr. Johnson. I think you would be able to pull off this bracelet. Mr. Johnson and all.

Well if it's only bracelet size it would be too small for Mr. Johnson. :lol:

D

Deactivated member 42515

kenny said:
kenny said:

OMG!!!!

Oh Kenny. Some people may think you're vulgar. But I find you hilarious! We are kindred spirits, you and I!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1357240250|3346492 said:
MINOUS - BACK OFF!

Hey, did you hear something? LD, were you trying to say something?

:bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

minousbijoux said:
LD|1357240250|3346492 said:
MINOUS - BACK OFF!

Hey, did you hear something? LD, were you trying to say something?

:bigsmile:
Hahahaha I have tears in my eyes!! So funny!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1357250561|3346665 said:
kenny said:
kenny said:

OMG!!!!

Oh Kenny. Some people may think you're vulgar. But I find you hilarious! We are kindred spirits, you and I!

I eat bread made from 100% stone ground vulgar wheat. :bigsmile:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
kenny said:

OMG!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Wow Kenny! No one has never quite said those words to be before. My husband would appreciate it if you kept Mr. Johnson though :D

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its hilarious that we're like clockwork in that it doesn't take us more than 15 posts before we're typically way off topic...but its so much fun!! :bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone keeps themselves whole even when clawing each other's eyes (and other body parts) out for Sarah's gorgeous Art Deco bracelet. Heck, even if it doesn't fit, I'd still want to wear it. Where there's the will, there's a way. :devil:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I'd add to this with a ring I am considering. I've been hesitant to post it because my pic is terrible. You guys are right, these are so hard to photograph! Especially under bright Intergem lights.

At any rate, 1.44ct emerald in 18kt yellow gold. My pic emphasizes the window and doesn't do justice to the color / stone, which just GLOWED. This ring literally jumped out at me from the case, the color popped so much. It wasn't til I looked at it closer that I saw the window, and with the ring on my hand I don't even notice it. But with everything I'm learning on CS, I feel like I should avoid a window at all costs.

_2804.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jereni from your description (and ignoring the photo) I would tell you to get it. Many emerald cut Emeralds have small windows and this is one gem that I would say if you love the colour, know that it hasn't been treated to hell and back and it glows - buy it! My inherited Emerald has a small window but you'd never know it from the photos and certainly don't see it when it's on my finger.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you LD, that is good feedback :) In terms of treatment, the stone has been oiled. My understanding is that's not uncommon for emeralds? What other questions should I ask? (If I should take this to another thread, that's fine).

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jereni|1357313737|3347149 said:
Thank you LD, that is good feedback :) In terms of treatment, the stone has been oiled. My understanding is that's not uncommon for emeralds? What other questions should I ask? (If I should take this to another thread, that's fine).

Ask them what it has been oiled with - there are various different types and various levels of oiling. You may find this link informative:

http://www.ruby-sapphire.com/catfights.htm

Also, how does the Vendor know that it has only been oiled? Does it have a lab report? If not, please make sure you make the purchase dependent on a favourable lab report.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jereni,
I've noticed that the better the quality of the emerald, the uglier they look in photographs. :lol: In any case, if you really like that emerald colour-wise, I would not let a small window be the deciding factor, especially one that is difficult to spot when worn. My concern is that you don't know for sure that it is oiled only and with what type of oil. There are many types used and my preference is cedarwood only. There are types that dry out sooner and types that are dyed, which are not acceptable to me.

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Does this count? This is a small sample of about 20,000 carats of rough Panjshir emerald.

FYI this wont be offered at Flawless Facets so I dont feel like its a conflict.

img_0366.jpg

img_0361.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and I'm certainly not one to complain about seeing them posted in this thread.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jim Rentfrow|1357316230|3347188 said:
Does this count? This is a small sample of about 20,000 carats of rough Panjshir emerald.

FYI this wont be offered at Flawless Facets so I dont feel like its a conflict.

Show off! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two4MeTy

Rough_Rock
I am a lurker mostly...but does this count? Me playing dress up with my mom's necklace that came out to play for my brother's wedding. I LOVE emeralds and have one to reset currently...just agonizing over how to set it. Seeing all these beautiful rings/bracelets/loose is rekindling the urge to just get it done!

close_up_wearing_it_sized.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my Lordy! WOWZA! :love: Your mother is obviously Cleopatra! What a wonderful necklace.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah! I'm left absolutely speechless at the sight of your mother's emerald necklace.

Two4MeTy

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the compliments! I will certainly pass them on. From you folks that means a lot as I seriously admire your pieces and especially your knowledge.

In her little beach town, it doesn't see the light of day as wash & wear is de rigueur there but thankfully my brother got hitched in Las Vegas where you can wear it in the pool and not get a sideways glance. I found a little better (better angle than my self-portrait!) pic. As you well know, emeralds are miserable to photograph, especially with my limited ability but this one at least shows a bit more of the beautiful design.

front_in_box_resized.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Two4MeTy|1357323926|3347326 said:
thankfully my brother got hitched in Las Vegas where you can wear it in the pool and not get a sideways glance.
Haha!!!

Well, I am picking myself up off the floor. What a gorgeous fit-for-royalty necklace! Sheesh, beach town or not, I'd wear that to the supermarket, walking the dog, with my pj's, because I wouldn't be able to stow it away. Did she inherit it or was it a gift or was she smart enough to snag it herself?

You need to beat Minou & LD to Sarahbears house, grab her bracelet, & wear it with that glorious necklace! :devil: Then you could marry a prince & live happily & emeraldy ever after.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Two4MeTy|1357318804|3347240 said:
I am a lurker mostly...but does this count? Me playing dress up with my mom's necklace that came out to play for my brother's wedding. I LOVE emeralds and have one to reset currently...just agonizing over how to set it. Seeing all these beautiful rings/bracelets/loose is rekindling the urge to just get it done!

Oh my goodness that is stunning! Do you know where your mother got the necklace from? I just love it. Especially the sides of the necklace that loops (not the technical term I'm sure), just stunning! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1357325810|3347348 said:

Oh my goodness that is stunning! Do you know where your mother got the necklace from? I just love it. Especially the sides of the necklace that loops (not the technical term I'm sure), just stunning! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Having seen the full photo now I agree and love it even more. Sarahbear those can be called stirrups. I can't remember which designer it is (Gucci perhaps?) but they use them alot. Again, it's another art deco piece that has me swooning.

Two4meTY - you seriously have to tell your Mother that that necklace is sensational. Really really sensational. As Jewel Freak has said, it's fit for royalty and then some! Do you know how old it is, the original maker, the gold (presume platinum or white gold?)? I don't know how you managed to photograph the Emeralds so well, you must have a camera that loves green stones! Please can I borrow it? :wink2:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1357325810|3347348 said:

+1!!! Two4: don't go back into lurkdom! Its pretty funny that you were thinking you might not post that beauty because it might not meet standards! That is gorgeous and I'm sure we'd all love to more about the necklace. What was it like to wear it? Was it comfy? Did you feel like royalty? Did you wear it to the pool? :Up_to_something: :naughty:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and what else do you or your Mom happen to have lying around.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly! That's one awesome necklace! Eh, and go ahead and wear that necklace poolside. Who cares if it gives you funny tan lines.

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Hilarious thread, guys! Emerald has always been my favorite colored gemstone and now I am reminded why. I am drooling heavily seeing all your beauties. Maybe I'll be able to join one day... :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Uh... WOW. *covets*

minousbijoux|1357326783|3347369 said:
...and what else do you or your Mom happen to have lying around.

Yeah, sheesh, post more!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results