shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me SI/I clarity diamonds that you LOVE!!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Visible inclusions can sometimes be viewed with so much negativity. I am sure there are diamonds out there with inclusions that still look beautiful.

After all, aren''t we all "imperfect" but still beautiful in many''s eyes?

If you have imperfect and beautiful diamonds like that, please share with us!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here you go. It''s graded an I-2
20.gif
, but it''s completely eye-clean. I haven''t figured that one out yet, but I''m not complaining.

LW-EightstarI-2.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine! SI2:

Inclusion at 7 o'clock is going under a prong. I got lucky: prongable inclusion in an otherwise clean stone
5.gif

yssie-2.7-si2.jpg

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Lone Wolf, your diamond is beautiful!!! I agree, sounds like too low of a rating. What are the other specs are your rock if you don''t mind me asking?
30.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 6:43:18 PM
Author: ztajanice
Lone Wolf, your diamond is beautiful!!! I agree, sounds like too low of a rating. What are the other specs are your rock if you don''t mind me asking?
30.gif
Thanks, I love it and I don''t mind you asking at all. I really think GIA should have called it an SI-2. It''s eye-clean in every light I''ve had it in so far, and believe me, I''ve looked. In fact I''m not sure how I''m going to get this one insured correctly. That pic was taken from JBEG''s site, I''ll try to post another a little later that I look, but it''s not as good.

It''s an 1.10 ct Eightstar, F I-2. I couldn''t be happier with it, it has so much fire.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had my good camera
7.gif
(I''ve pestered DH to try to find it for months since we moved- no luck yet). One of my antique filigree earrings has a chunk of garnet as an inclusion that looks kinda like a fish, visible only when it''s upside down, in one of the 1ct OMCs. It''s very cool. I thought it had a speck of dark red paint on it when I first got them and kept picking at it, wondering why I couldn''t feel anything, lol.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic that I took of my I-2. Those white specs all over the stone are dust. And I thought I had it clean...
38.gif

Too bad I can''t get a decent pic of how it actually looks.

LW-Eightstar110-close-2.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
nice finds!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, your stones are gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
This is a SI2-I diamond that is simply stunning in person. I can see the inclusion in person if looking at it closer than 1 foot away, but this beautifully-cut OEC stone has so much fire and brilliance that the inclusion does not distract from the overall beauty a bit!

RubyDiaZhu.JPG

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, zhuzhu, this is an amzing ring
30.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He, he, he
31.gif
I couldn''t resist and i posted Sarap333'' s I1 beauty
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Sara i hope you don''t mind me doing so! I just love your ring so much!!!
36.gif

Sara and her sparkling beauty.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
My ering upgrade is an E color SI. I can''t see any inclusions in it, all I see is blinding white sparkle!

purpleupgradepic.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
This is a poor photo of my 1.86ct, G color, radiant cut pendant that is an I3---it has one white macaroni shaped inclusion in the lower right hand corner and one whispy translucent feather in the upper left quadrant-which really can be seen with a loupe only, other than that 'Boogers' is super sparkly and lively :)

Boogers pendant.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Well, thank you, Naty, for your compliment on my ring and for posting a photo of my beloved I1!

Redfaerythinker, I love your ring! And LoneWolf, I had my eye on that Eightstar -- what a lovely stone that is. I'm glad it went to a PS'er.

Pricescope really helped me get over my fear of lower color and lower clarity diamonds -- once you get some education, you can train yourself how to recognize a "good" SI2 or I1 when you see it!

Anyway, I looked in my files to see if I could find a shot that shows the inclusions in this stone. It is an I1, and crystal inclusions are the grade setter in this stone. They are clear crystals, so they are not eye visible to me, but there are a lot of them. This photo, taken in shadow shows them scattered throughout the diamond. But my diamond wasn't squeaky clean here, and the thing about crystal inclusions is they tend to look like dust -- so it's hard to tell what's dust and what's a crystal. The two "marks" on the arrows are definitely crystals, though, because they are clearly marked on the AGS plot.

I hope this thread helps others who are considering lower clarity diamonds. And ideal cut, H-I-J, or even K with fluoro, with SI2 or I1 clarity grades can be incredible bargains -- if you buy from a trusted vendor who can advise you on your purchase.

CIMG1083.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Wow -- yssie, I had no idea your wonderful new J is also an SI2! Way to rock size, color and clarity! It''s a beauty!

zhuzhu, thanks for starting this thread. I hope it helps others. Your OEC is great, by the way. I love colored gemstone halos (obviously). I think many OEC owners are more comfortable with lower clarity diamonds because that''s part of the charm of an older stone.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 11:01:14 AM
Author: stepcutnut
This is a poor photo of my 1.86ct, G color, radiant cut pendant that is an I3---it has one white macaroni shaped inclusion in the lower right hand corner and one whispy translucent feather in the upper left quadrant-which really can be seen with a loupe only, other than that ''Boogers'' is super sparkly and lively :)

An I3!! Love it! I can''t see a thing. I''ve never seen a radiant cut in a pendant -- it''s lovely!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Here is my beloved OEC, SI1/2 center diamond. In this case the diamond is completely eye clean. Shines beautifully.

IMG_0352zhu.JPG

My 3 stone ring has all Si2 (and one inclusion is a black spot that you an mostly only see when the ring is really dirty.)

My other e-ring is si2 and honestly, I think the appraiser was insane.

I think Si1/si2 s are gorgeous. I would not hesitate to buy them in the future.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
This is my 1.1 ct, SI2, strong blue fluro princess cut pendant. Love the fluro and the size! On my neck nobody can see the inclusions!

ZhuPendt.JPG

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 12:32:59 PM
Author: sarap333
Well, thank you, Naty, for your compliment on my ring and for posting a photo of my beloved I1!

Redfaerythinker, I love your ring! And LoneWolf, I had my eye on that Eightstar -- what a lovely stone that is. I''m glad it went to a PS''er.

Pricescope really helped me get over my fear of lower color and lower clarity diamonds -- once you get some education, you can train yourself how to recognize a ''good'' SI2 or I1 when you see it!

Anyway, I looked in my files to see if I could find a shot that shows the inclusions in this stone. It is an I1, and crystal inclusions are the grade setter in this stone. They are clear crystals, so they are not eye visible to me, but there are a lot of them. This photo, taken in shadow shows them scattered throughout the diamond. But my diamond wasn''t squeaky clean here, and the thing about crystal inclusions is they tend to look like dust -- so it''s hard to tell what''s dust and what''s a crystal. The two ''marks'' on the arrows are definitely crystals, though, because they are clearly marked on the AGS plot.

I hope this thread helps others who are considering lower clarity diamonds. And ideal cut, H-I-J, or even K with fluoro, with SI2 or I1 clarity grades can be incredible bargains -- if you buy from a trusted vendor who can advise you on your purchase.

Sarap333, your diamond must have very strong fluoro, like my pendant! Don''t you just love that????

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2010 12:08:27 AM
Author: zhuzhu

Redfaerythinker, I love your ring! And LoneWolf, I had my eye on that Eightstar -- what a lovely stone that is. I''m glad it went to a PS''er.

Pricescope really helped me get over my fear of lower color and lower clarity diamonds -- once you get some education, you can train yourself how to recognize a ''good'' SI2 or I1 when you see it!

Anyway, I looked in my files to see if I could find a shot that shows the inclusions in this stone. It is an I1, and crystal inclusions are the grade setter in this stone. They are clear crystals, so they are not eye visible to me, but there are a lot of them. This photo, taken in shadow shows them scattered throughout the diamond. But my diamond wasn''t squeaky clean here, and the thing about crystal inclusions is they tend to look like dust -- so it''s hard to tell what''s dust and what''s a crystal. The two ''marks'' on the arrows are definitely crystals, though, because they are clearly marked on the AGS plot.

Sarap333, your diamond must have very strong fluoro, like my pendant! Don''t you just love that????
Yeah, she loves that...She even started a thread about it some time ago!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
And LoneWolf, I had my eye on that Eightstar -- what a lovely stone that is. I''m glad it went to a PS''er.

sarap, I''ll just say that I''m glad all you had on this stone was an eye. Had you gotten your hands on it I''d be missing out.
15.gif
Now I can''t wait to see the other Eightstar JBEG had. It should be here in another week.
36.gif
But it''s not suited for this thread.

BTW, I LOVE your ring.
30.gif
I saw your post about wearing it into a jewelry store where they knew about diamonds and really enjoyed reading that. I wish more stores were like that.
35.gif

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t have a camera with a macro lens, so I won''t even bother posting my horrendous photos ;-) I have a 1ct F/SI2 and it''s completely eye clean for me. Granted, my ability to focus on things super close to my eyes is limited, so I''ll never know LOL. there''s definitely nothing black in there!

kopgil

Rough_Rock
Here''s my 0.6 ct H SI1
I can''t see the inclusions with an unaided eye, but I can see them clearly under a scope.

closeup231.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stones everyone!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my former 1.2 G Si2 which is now back at BGD. At first I looked for the inclusions all the time and found them and it bugged me, but then I stopped looking for them and just enjoyed the diamond, which is STUNNING. If this diamond had been the size I wanted, it would still be on my finger.

dreamer1.2collagexy.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is my former 1.16ct K SI1 and former .60ct F I1. Both completely and utterly eye clean, no questions about it. The I1 had a cluster of inclusions under the table and you cannot see them at all. The K diamond has found a new home through BGD and the F diamond is now in an engagement ring that my future co-sister in law ADORES!
30.gif
It looks awesome on her hand, but I forgot to do a photo shoot when she was out here.

windowbehind1comparex.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
When I bought this eye-deuce I though I was making an exception to my usual rules about clarity just to get an F colored Eightstar so cheap, but these pics show me that there are some gorgeous included rocks out there. I love the rings and pendants in this thread.
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results