shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me rose gold rings on Asian skin tone?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I realized I have never tried on rose gold rings, and I don’t know it it would look strange against my skin medium Asian skin. All I know is that I bought rose gold costume Jewelry earrings and don’t find myself wearing the earrings...not sure why.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I realized I have never tried on rose gold rings, and I don’t know it it would look strange against my skin medium Asian skin. All I know is that I bought rose gold costume Jewelry earrings and don’t find myself wearing the earrings...not sure why.

I think we have similar tone. I'll take some tomorrow if it's not awful out. Kinda hard to photograph anything accurately when the light is so hazy. My 3stone is two toned with RG shank but i'm finding it not a attractive on my hand as YG, but my face is more pink toned so RG earrings look great. It's weird.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not Asian, im white in a reflective snow blinding kind of way :(2
But i thought i didn't like rose gold or it wouldn't suit me .....until i tried it on

If you can safely where you live, go down to the mall and just have fun and try stuff on
I personally think rose gold can look good on every one - remembering that the rose gold colour does vary

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm neutral undertone.
Pics sometimes aren't the most color balanced.
617786 619730 611666 611661 611648

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My flute is 14k Rose Gold. My watch is 18k yellow gold.

20200913_215006.jpg

I have a severe case of flute envy. And I don’t even play (any instrument that is, not just the flute). I believe I may have a ‘shiny things’ problem...

If you have antiques markets anywhere near you @jaysonsmom you could try there to investigate tones of rose gold on your skin. I don’t know whether the alloys were different or whether the ageing process mellows the colours, but antique rose golds can look really mellow compared to some modern equivalents, almost like a halfway house between yellow and rose golds. (I haven’t seen the peach gold that some jewellery offer in real life, but I assume something like that.)

Although I tend to see chains rather than rings so that may not actually help what you’re after. I’m being my usual well-meaning but unhelpful self!

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am Chinese, and was given a couple of rings by my mum in yellow gold when I was young in my early teens, and seldom wore them as I prefer white metals even at that ages.

Years later, I had my colours analysed, and confirmed what I already knew, in that yellow/beige/cream/brown colours do not suit me due to my skin tone.

I have not tried Rose gold as I doubt if it would agree with me. Good job too as the colours I like in coloured gemstones look good against white metals.

DK :))

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock

Is that because you don't have much else in rose to match the earrings? Do you just not love those particular earrings, or do you actually think it doesn't match your skin tone? I didn't think I would like rose gold until I tried it on. I have medium tan/yellow toned skin and rose surprisingly suits me best.
I don't have anything in rose just yet but I see it in my future! :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellogirl do you have any rose gold to show us ?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Do you usually wear pinks/pastels? I find that if you look good in peachy/pastel shades, then rose gold probably looks good on you.

Am a “winter” color person and have concluded that rose gold (in its various shades) will never look good on me. And yellow gold doesn’t work too... so yeah only white gold or platinum.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like it on my own mostly Irish (pink) skin since to me it blends in too much. It disappears! I prefer white metals in the winter when I'm more pale and yellow in the summer when I'm tan. It all depends on what you like on your own skin.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I'm neutral undertone.
617786 619730 611666 611661 611648

Amazing!!!! Can I get details on your dbty necklace please? Length and how big are the stones please?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing!!!! Can I get details on your dbty necklace please? Length and how big are the stones please?

The length is adjustable with a slider, and the stones are 7 at 17 pointers.

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
You have the most beautiful skin, you could wear anything! Pasty white me is green with envy! :mrgreen:

Thank you so much. It's funny how Western people love my skin tone and Chinese people tell me I'm too dark. Pale = beautiful in China, and all my life I've had very blunt Chinese people asking me why I'm so dark. My reply is usually "because I've been sunbathing" and they look horrified because apparently no Chinese person should do that.

Anyway, I've been wearing my 18k rose gold diamond by the yard style bracelet today with my 14k rose gold ring, and admiring how they look in the sunshine.
IMG_20200914_165025.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Do you usually wear pinks/pastels? I find that if you look good in peachy/pastel shades, then rose gold probably looks good on you.

Am a “winter” color person and have concluded that rose gold (in its various shades) will never look good on me. And yellow gold doesn’t work too... so yeah only white gold or platinum.

This scares me a little. I do have some peachy and pastel (baby blue) clothes that I look decent in, but I'm definitely more of a winter color person I think. I look the best in rich jewel tones, like royal blue, fuchsia, teal, burnt orange, emerald.....

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Is that because you don't have much else in rose to match the earrings? Do you just not love those particular earrings, or do you actually think it doesn't match your skin tone? I didn't think I would like rose gold until I tried it on. I have medium tan/yellow toned skin and rose surprisingly suits me best.
I don't have anything in rose just yet but I see it in my future! :D

Ding Ding Ding.... the "rose gold" costume jewelry is the only piece I have in that gold. It doesn't match my everyday necklace of wedding set. THAT is probably why I never wear it, because it is in close proximity to my everday necklace that I never take off.

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm neutral undertone.
IMG_3694.JPG IMG_3744.JPG IMG_3499.JPG IMG_3482.JPG IMG_3480.JPG

I love all your RG jewelry! In fact, my "RG" earrings are similar in style to the ones you posted. I probably just need RG necklaces to match. As for skin tone, I would say that I can get pretty "white" in the winter. My husband and kids describe my skin tone as "mayonnaise" in the winter months....but since there is hardly a winter in California, I have a nice medium yellow undertone the greater part of the year. All I know is that yellow clothing does NOT work for me at all, that is why I want to try rose gold.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Korean here (not a pale Korean, much to the horror of my relatives over there). I find that rose gold tends to disappear on my skin tone. I guess the gold colors tend to vary depending on the exact alloys used. The top band is 18kt rg from Cartier; middle is a 14kt rg ring; and bottom band is 18kt rg Tiffany. It’s hard to see in these pics but the Tiffany rg is yellower to me than Cartier. 14kt definitely seems copperish to me. The bracelet is 18kt rg and then the trinity rings are the 3 different gold colors.

I prefer yellow gold over rose gold on myself. ETA I just noticed my dog peeing in the background :lol-2: Sorry about that! 4444867D-78E1-40FD-9510-306D7EDA3C09.jpeg E0479AA6-0072-4044-8275-B4C45003C37D.jpeg 140D4DFB-35EE-4D15-A645-E8F1D2D7046A.jpeg

Last edited:

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much. It's funny how Western people love my skin tone and Chinese people tell me I'm too dark. Pale = beautiful in China, and all my life I've had very blunt Chinese people asking me why I'm so dark. My reply is usually "because I've been sunbathing" and they look horrified because apparently no Chinese person should do that.

Anyway, I've been wearing my 18k rose gold diamond by the yard style bracelet today with my 14k rose gold ring, and admiring how they look in the sunshine.
IMG_20200914_165025.jpg

❤️ That bracelet! And yes, I’ve never loved my skin tone more until I move to the US! I sunbathe when I can. People back home are mortified, because all the rage there are skin whitening products!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_20200914_165025.jpg

May i trouble you for the size of each individual station in you dbty bracelet, please?? The proportions look great on you!

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
May i trouble you for the size of each individual station in you dbty bracelet, please?? The proportions look great on you!

There are 5 diamonds at 3mm each. Overall length 6 inches.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results