shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your real life paranormal experiences.

Do you believe the paranormal exists?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • 2. No

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • 3. Unsure

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was asleep once and I started to stir and wake up because I felt a weight against my neck and collar bone as if someone was pushing down on it and I couldn't breathe.

Turns out my tiny dog decided to sleep on my neck.

Haha that is the "best" weight one can feel against oneself. Beats the paranormal alternative IMO. :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only ever had 2 weird experiences thankfully, as I'm a bit of a wimp with things I can't explain.

My older sister lives in a big, old house that was built in 1885. She had just married & was going away for a weekend, so my parents were feeding the cats. This was about 25 years ago. My best friend & i had gone over on the Friday night to feed the cats & watch a movie. Half way through, there was an almighty crash below us in the cellar. We jumped up to go & check everything was ok, as it was a significant crash down there. We were both about half way down the stone steps, at the point where we would turn a corner & see into the main cellar room, when the lights popped & went out. We fled hysterically back up the stairs & fell about laughing at the timing of the bulbs to blow. But then I had this weird feeling, so walked back over to the top of the cellar stairs & flicked the switch. The lights came on down there perfectly fine. We ejected our video tape, locked up & left the cats to it :lol:

The second one was more emotional. My father died from complications of leukaemia treatment when I was 27. We were all with him through that last week, before being in agreement to turn off life support. It was the most harrowing 1 hour and 58 minutes of our lives. We all went back to our parents house that night, numb & silent. I went to bed unable to eat & sobbed silently into my pillow, harder than I have ever cried in my life. I was lay on my side, my pillow soggy under my head, when I felt my temple being stroked. It was rhythmical, soothing & very calming. I fell asleep. It was a weird thing, so I mentioned it in the morning to my mum. She frowned at me & became tearful, then started to tell me that this was how my beloved grandmother used to soothe me as a child. My granny & I were inseparable until she died from breast cancer when I was 5. My mum said granny always used to rhythmically stroke my temple, at which point I would quickly calm & fall asleep. I can't explain this one, as I was too young to actually remember it happening.

As a result of the warm comfort I felt in that moment of intense grief, which I can still feel in my minds eye, when I had my first daughter I always soothed her the same way. If she is ever anxious or upset, I still cuddle up to her & stroke her temple & she quickly calms. With my second daughter, I stroked around the outside edge of one of her ears in the same rhythm from the moment she was born. Again, if she is upset or crying, I will gently circle the outside of one of her ears & notice how quickly her breathing starts to slow & the tears subside. How amazing that a granny i barely remember taught me how to soothe my own children many years later?! It was such a comfort to me that I believe she is often still with me & always has been. I talk to her a lot & work out my thoughts, wearing her ring & waiting for clarity. I don't generally believe in the afterlife, but I have to hold my hands up to this one.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I believe in more than what we see. I struggle to even put this into words. I think of people in their time of need. I had coworkers from previous jobs I could not stop thinking about. After years, they would be on my mind like song that gets stuck in your head. I would go see them and find they had just been hospitalized. That happened three times within about a year with different co-workers. The strongest one I ever had was years ago when I came home from work, touched my door handle and had a shock of that "Oh NO" feeling and knew my dad was sick. My breathing actually increased with alarm. I walked inside and the message machine was flashing. My mom called to tell me dad was sick.

Saying that, when my daughter was in a terrible accident some years ago - nothing. No warning or anything. But a year later, as she was going to a dance I couldn't get the accident out of my mind, and she was in another (minor) one.

The whole "phone is going to ring" or, I said his or her name and they call me mid-sentence is constant. My husband has seen it enough to believe in it. I just laugh it off as the universe has some kind of jokes. Another one is I will throw out a dinner suggestion just as my husband was thinking of the same suggestion.

What is this stuff? I have no idea, but it's not random.

My favorite story though is about a universal with a sense of humor. I shared a house with my mom for a while, and I sat on her bed and chit chatted about our cats over the year. We agreed that the old cat that lived with us on the farm has never, ever caught a mouse. He was 18 years old, and we chuckled he was just not a mouser. Just then, the same never-mouser cat ran in with a mouse in his mouth and dropped it beside me on the bed. After that, I was sure the universe was not a random place.

On to ghosts,

Yes, my office had a box moving, footstepping ghost for a while. I worked alone in the building except for an occasional visit from coworkers to check cameras. The building (an old house) has an alarm system that chimes when people come in and out.

A few years ago, my boss moved offices around. He left me along in the building, and moved a few people across town to the main office. Introverted me was great with that. The day after they moved to the main office, I heard boxes moving and footsteps upstairs. I figures someone came back for more things, then I realized the sound was weird. It was half-loud. I grew more and more alarmed when I realized I had not heard an entry chime. I went outside and looked over to the upstairs parking lot. Nothing.
Other employees heard it too.
After that, I just ignored it as much as I could. When it got really loud, I would run and grab a starbucks coffee.

Eventually, I had a talk with "it" and asked it to stop scaring me. I never heard or saw anything after that.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I've only ever had 2 weird experiences thankfully, as I'm a bit of a wimp with things I can't explain.

My older sister lives in a big, old house that was built in 1885. She had just married & was going away for a weekend, so my parents were feeding the cats. This was about 25 years ago. My best friend & i had gone over on the Friday night to feed the cats & watch a movie. Half way through, there was an almighty crash below us in the cellar. We jumped up to go & check everything was ok, as it was a significant crash down there. We were both about half way down the stone steps, at the point where we would turn a corner & see into the main cellar room, when the lights popped & went out. We fled hysterically back up the stairs & fell about laughing at the timing of the bulbs to blow. But then I had this weird feeling, so walked back over to the top of the cellar stairs & flicked the switch. The lights came on down there perfectly fine. We ejected our video tape, locked up & left the cats to it :lol:

The second one was more emotional. My father died from complications of leukaemia treatment when I was 27. We were all with him through that last week, before being in agreement to turn off life support. It was the most harrowing 1 hour and 58 minutes of our lives. We all went back to our parents house that night, numb & silent. I went to bed unable to eat & sobbed silently into my pillow, harder than I have ever cried in my life. I was lay on my side, my pillow soggy under my head, when I felt my temple being stroked. It was rhythmical, soothing & very calming. I fell asleep. It was a weird thing, so I mentioned it in the morning to my mum. She frowned at me & became tearful, then started to tell me that this was how my beloved grandmother used to soothe me as a child. My granny & I were inseparable until she died from breast cancer when I was 5. My mum said granny always used to rhythmically stroke my temple, at which point I would quickly calm & fall asleep. I can't explain this one, as I was too young to actually remember it happening.

As a result of the warm comfort I felt in that moment of intense grief, which I can still feel in my minds eye, when I had my first daughter I always soothed her the same way. If she is ever anxious or upset, I still cuddle up to her & stroke her temple & she quickly calms. With my second daughter, I stroked around the outside edge of one of her ears in the same rhythm from the moment she was born. Again, if she is upset or crying, I will gently circle the outside of one of her ears & notice how quickly her breathing starts to slow & the tears subside. How amazing that a granny i barely remember taught me how to soothe my own children many years later?! It was such a comfort to me that I believe she is often still with me & always has been. I talk to her a lot & work out my thoughts, wearing her ring & waiting for clarity. I don't generally believe in the afterlife, but I have to hold my hands up to this one.

Thank you for sharing with us.Very moving

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Another time I bought some Angel statues from one of her friends- it was a school fundraiser. They arrived and I said "too bad I have things on the dining room shelf, these would be perfect there." Woomph! The nick knacks on the shelf went flying off, landing across the room. Now I had room for the Angels.

Years went by with many occurrences. I made a deal with the house. I asked whatever was there to not show materialize and scare me or the kids. Woke up one night to a large 7 foot black, solid, shadow at the foot of my bed. I was tired, I was irritated, I was not afraid. I was pissed. We had a deal!

After some choice words to the shadow I went and checked the house. Daughter sleeping, no issues. Next the dog check.

My one dog was paralyzed. Her back legs barely worked at all. She slept in room that was an addition on a little water bed. Since it was an addition it had baseboard heaters. She was sleeping, I pet her good night and saw her fluffy tail was inside the baseboard. It was starting to scorch! Removed her tail and only the fur had started to burn. She was saved. After that we would call her scorch.

I think your ghost, like the one(s) I have here, isn't all bad. That's a cool story about how that "interruption" saved your dog from a scorched tail.

:mrgreen:I have to laugh at the flying figurines. Around Halloween a couple of years ago I was sitting in one of the parlor type rooms one evening. I heard a little metallic noise, and I looked up just in time to see an old globe sitting on the mantle suddenly disengage itself from its frame, a couple of metal fasteners go pop-zing flying off to the side, then that globe fling itself off the mantel, onto the sofa, then onto the floor and then it rolled across the floor to the other side of the room, where it bumped into a chair. The frame for the globe remained on the mantle. Then in my head, I could, *very clearly,* hear Benny Goodman's Moonglow from 1934 as if I was listening to a radio, while I just stared in amazement.

I retrieved the globe and its fastener pieces, and I realized it and its frame were very dirty and needed a good cleaning. I cleaned it and polished its chrome stand, and now it sits, gleaming, in the same spot on that mantle. My mother said the man they bought this house from had been born in Russia in the early 1900s and he and siblings had been smuggled out of of Russia in barrels and hidden on trains and they traveled under fake identities, to the USA, just prior to the Russian Revolution. That globe had belonged to him, and Mom said he traced for her, on that globe, the route that he'd traveled. His journey is a fascinating story. So, every now and then, I play Moonglow on YouTube in that room, and I keep the globe dusted and the chrome polished now, because obviously we'd been remiss. :mrgreen:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every year since my late partner's death, around this time of the year in late October (he died in early November), there had been at least one form of unusual occurrence involving an electrical appliance.

Such as a lightbulb blowing and tripping the fuse; TV would not start, a kettle decided it has had enough, etc. etc...

Today, it was the bedside lamp by my side of the bed, with its alarm started in the middle of the morning unexpectedly. It was not the usual alarm, and I had no idea how it started or to turn it off. I just pressed as many buttons as I could until it was stopped.

It is as if he is making his presence known, to let me know he is still about watching over me. Kind of comforting in a way.

DK :))

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every year since my late partner's death, around this time of the year in late October (he died in early November), there had been at least one form of unusual occurrence involving an electrical appliance.

Such as a lightbulb blowing and tripping the fuse; TV would not start, a kettle decided it has had enough, etc. etc...

Today, it was the bedside lamp by my side of the bed, with its alarm started in the middle of the morning unexpectedly. It was not the usual alarm, and I had no idea how it started or to turn it off. I just pressed as many buttons as I could until it was stopped.

It is as if he is making his presence known, to let me know he is still about watching over me. Kind of comforting in a way.

Hugs to you, @dk168

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Garry H (Cut Nut) - try its almost stuck or adhered to a piece of plastic or something with plastic near the back, but I'm not sure it's that wall, it could have flipped the other direction ie back to where he or you have taken the photo so where the camera is as well, search through things with plastic covers or plastic, so comb along the edges of plastic covers, check if there are plastic bags that it didn't get caught in one, I get it's stuck in or near or sitting on "the plastic". Check things with plastic along all the walls. Check plastic trays or containers where it might have gotten lost amongst other things....

I remember from one of the other finder posts (a really old one) there is a PSer who can almost 3D go into a room and sense where in the room the item is (that isn't me I hear words or sense things) so if we can get her to read this as well between us perhaps we can help.

Sadly Grant has searched hi and low and the diamond has yet to appear. He has found a few other less valuable gems, but not my baby :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly Grant has searched hi and low and the diamond has yet to appear. He has found a few other less valuable gems, but not my baby :(

Have you checked all the boxes/packages in the room? It could have flipped into one of those. Take everything out of the boxes and check inside them thoroughly if you have not already done so. Good luck.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Could it have gone into something container or package wise that was moved out of there by accident?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Could it have gone into something container or package wise that was moved out of there by accident?
Arkieb1 This is the scale of the problem. It is almost a haunted house. Grant is a scientist with a gem fetish. I think his wife is wise to carol him into one space of there might be bumps in the bed!
PS so many amazing inexplicable stories!

OL_0095.JPG OL_0096.JPG OL_0097.JPG OL_0098.JPG OL_0099.JPG OL_0100.JPG OL_0101.JPG OL_0102.JPG OL_0103.JPG OL_0104.JPG

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was about 16 I was at a house with my Aunt. The lady who owned the house had a 3 year old daughter.
They had a pool and I went in for a swim. My aunt, her friend and the toddler went back inside and shut the door to have a coffee and put the toddler down for a sleep.
I was outside by myself just swimming laps up and down.
I arrived at the deep end and stopped for a rest and i got that feeling they call “someone walking on your grave”. I quickly turned around and I was still all by myself outside. I looked all around, nothing, no one so I just stayed down the deep end catching my breath. The strange feeling remained, very unsettling, and I was sure something was wrong so I started to swim back to the shallow end where the steps were to get out of the pool and then I saw something on the bottom of the pool.
OMG, it was the toddler.
there had been no sounds, no splashing about, no nothing. She had come outside and walked into the pool and just gone straight under the water.
I screamed like crazy and pulled her out and my first reaction was to hold her by the ankles upside down and hit her on her back. My aunt and the mother came out and the little girl was coughing and then vomited. An ambulance was called in any regard and she went to hospital for checking.
fortunately she was all ok.
What people don’t realise is how quick and totally silent it can be. There was no splash or flailing about. The little girl had climbed out of her cot, come downstairs, opened the back door (it hadn’t closed properly) and then simply walked into the pool. literally just walked into the pool because she normally has those water wing floatation things on her arms.
So whatever it was that send me a message that day saved that little girls life.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
When I was about 16 I was at a house with my Aunt. The lady who owned the house had a 3 year old daughter.
They had a pool and I went in for a swim. My aunt, her friend and the toddler went back inside and shut the door to have a coffee and put the toddler down for a sleep.
I arrived at the deep end and stopped for a rest and i got that feeling they call “someone walking on your grave”. I quickly turned around and I was still all by myself outside. I looked all around, nothing, no one so I just stayed down the deep end catching my breath. The strange feeling remained, very unsettling, and I was sure something was wrong so I started to swim back to the shallow end where the steps were to get out of the pool and then I saw something on the bottom of the pool.
OMG, it was the toddler.
there had been no sounds, no splashing about, no nothing. She had come outside and walked into the pool and just gone straight under the water.
I screamed like crazy and pulled her out and my first reaction was to hold her by the ankles upside down and hit her on her back. My aunt and the mother came out and the little girl was coughing and then vomited. An ambulance was called in any regard and she went to hospital for checking.
What people don’t realise is how quick and totally silent it can be. There was no splash or flailing about. The little girl had climbed out of her cot, come downstairs, opened the back door (it hadn’t closed properly) and then simply walked into the pool. literally just walked into the pool because she normally has those water wing floatation things on her arms.
So whatever it was that send me a message that day saved that little girls life.

That is an amazing story Bron=)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, it was the toddler.

Amazing and for sure I believe paranormal exists. There are too many experiences like this that exist. What a wonderful story @Bron357 and thank you for sharing it with us!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkieb1 This is the scale of the problem. It is almost a haunted house. Grant is a scientist with a gem fetish. I think his wife is wise to carol him into one space of there might be bumps in the bed!

OL_0095.JPG OL_0096.JPG OL_0097.JPG OL_0098.JPG OL_0099.JPG OL_0100.JPG OL_0101.JPG OL_0102.JPG OL_0103.JPG OL_0104.JPG

@Garry H (Cut Nut) wow what a nightmare of a place. I know your stone is there. It is just a matter of taking everything you can apart to find it. 100% it is still in that room. Oy, what a room. :shock:I hope you find your stone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@dk168 sending you big hugs and comforting thoughts.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Garry H (Cut Nut) - I see the scale of the problem, the stone could be trapped or wedged on or in anything and you could probably look several times over and still not find it. Just double check there aren't any containers or items he has removed out of that room as well and if so also look in those just in case....

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Precognition from the scientific perspective. Why our dreams could be the key to time travel.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have nothing better to do and im 100% completly trustworthy
id love to pop over and help find it

But im better at losing things than finding then

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

This reminds me so much of my Dad. He was a criminal investigator (CSI style). Thanks for the smile this morning.

If it were me, I would sweep my way around the office, 3 feet at a time, removing items to a little table, dust with a small broom and check each item. I bet you would find it.

Last edited:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Precognition from the scientific perspective. Why our dreams could be the key to time travel.

I've had some grand experiences with precognition, including a fire, an automobile accident, an a truly creepy experience. In all cases, I felt my "dress rehearsal" dream(s) had not only warned by also shown me the way out of harm. I have had less of it, and less of the paranormal as I've aged, though. I hadn't thought about precognition in years.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I asked my mother if she'd had any more experiences with that black form that hovered over her. She said, no, not exactly that. But a couple times she saw what looked like dark spots moving around on the floor. I was ready to chalk that up to artifacts or floaters in the eyes after cataract surgery. But then she cautiously volunteered that one time she had been looking in the mirror when a dark shadowy form suddenly appeared standing behind her. Still a badass, she returned its "gaze" in the mirror and hissed "Get out! I am not ready to go yet!" It disappeared. This was literally decades after the other encounter, but the same room. Ghost is probably frustrated that it can't get no respect. lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results