shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your real life paranormal experiences.

Do you believe the paranormal exists?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • 2. No

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • 3. Unsure

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you ever spotted a figure in the dark you didn't recognize? Heard a noise that made the hair on your neck stand up? Had an encounter with something you knew was not from this world?

Paranormal phenomena include extrasensory perception, telekinesis, ghosts, poltergeists, life after death, reincarnation, faith healing, human auras, and so forth.

Please share any strange experiences and encounters that cannot be explained by science or other worldly interpretations.

calvinandhobbesdemonorgirl.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago in probably my first or second year in England, I went to visit the British Museum, and immediate felt uncomfortable when I entered the mummy room, as if something was not at peace.

On New Year's Eve in 1999, I was in London with my then hubby, and were out to join in the celebration. We wandered into some old parts of the city, and I felt uncomfortable, and decided to leave. It turned out we were in the area where Jack the Ripper had killed people.

When I was looking to buy a property back in 2006, I went to look at a house and could sense sadness upon entry. It turned out the couple who owned the house were splitting up and had to sell it.

Just a few examples of my extra sensory perceptions.

If I feel uncomfortable about a place, I would avoid.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago in probably my first or second year in England, I went to visit the British Museum, and immediate felt uncomfortable when I entered the mummy room, as if something was not at peace.

On New Year's Eve in 1999, I was in London with my then hubby, and were out to join in the celebration. We wandered into some old parts of the city, and I felt uncomfortable, and decided to leave. It turned out we were in the area where Jack the Ripper had killed people.

When I was looking to buy a property back in 2006, I went to look at a house and could sense sadness upon entry. It turned out the couple who owned the house were splitting up and had to sell it.

Just a few examples of my extra sensory perceptions.

If I feel uncomfortable about a place, I would avoid.

DK :))

Yes. If my gut is saying warning/danger I listen. I believe the paranormal exists and in fact I have a sort of intuition that never fails me. It doesn’t always speak to me but when it does I listen.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I can't think of an example for myself off hand but I do agree with the listening to that sixth sense. I remember years ago reading an article written by a woman who had been attacked by a crocodile (she lived to tell the tale). She recounted how on the first day she was conoeing on a river and everything felt fine - the sun was shining and the whole vibe felt great. She came back the second day and this was the day she was attacked by the crocodile. Even before the attack she had not had a good feeling - she had a sense of the tall mountains on each side of the river closing in on her - and she had a sense that everything wasn't alright. Surviving the attack (I seem to remember that managing to make her way to the edge and then not allowing herself to lose contact with the shore played a role in her survival and escape). She spoke strongly of the lesson learned to listen to that sixth sense.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DD1 is quite the talented medium. She doesn't talk about it unless I ask. We often go to antique malls together and we both get inklings there. Bad juju type feelings sometimes. Usually nothing at all, but a few times we couldn't get away fast enough. We both love vintage and antique though. I've never had a real experience, but she has. I have strong intuition, and I try to listen to that.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I explained about a haunting the the thread about the most beautiful house in America being up for sale.
I have another experience to tell you about.
It did not happen to me,it happened to my Aunt.She was a Matron at Plumstead Hospital (long gone) & was a very straight laced woman,not given to any nonsence.She had moved with her husband to a Victorian terraced house in Plumstead.9 Rippleson Rd.They had not lived there very long at the time,when she was doing her laundry in the kitchen.
She had the back door open as she was going back & forth hanging washing out on the line in the back garden.
As she was working,suddenly,a woman walked in from the garden,straight passed her & up the hallway.
My Aunt paniced & ran round to the next door neighbour screaming that she had just seen a ghost. The neighbour told her that the house had stood empty for 10 years after there was a murder.The husband had killed his wife & chopped her up & buried her in the back garden.The woman was listed as missing until later that winter,snow was melting & the ground settled & the next door neighbour saw a hand sticking out of the soil.
My Uncle said the thing that got to him the most is that he had planted his veg patch on the very spot that the hand was found.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have had many experiences in our house which is strange because in a neighborhood of colonials, ours is the newest.

There is a back living room which we originally setup with the sofa situated so you could see into the kitchen and beyond to the hallway.

We had just moved in (2004) and DH and I were sitting on this sofa, I saw a woman walk from the front living room through the hallway into the bathroom. I turned to DH and said “did you see that?” and his response was “you mean that woman?”

There were occurrences throughout the years, she would mainly act up if we talked about moving. There was a time when we were getting the house ready to sell and I was painting the hallway, DH had just left to go to Home Depot and I’m painting along and all of a sudden the light went out. No explanation otherwise for the light to just go out like that.

There has also been:

faint smell of perfume in a random area

window blinds swinging in rooms when no animals, people, or wind is present

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have had many experiences in our house which is strange because in a neighborhood of colonials, ours is the newest.

There is a back living room which we originally setup with the sofa situated so you could see into the kitchen and beyond to the hallway.

We had just moved in (2004) and DH and I were sitting on this sofa, I saw a woman walk from the front living room through the hallway into the bathroom. I turned to DH and said “did you see that?” and his response was “you mean that woman?”

There were occurrences throughout the years, she would mainly act up if we talked about moving. There was a time when we were getting the house ready to sell and I was painting the hallway, DH had just left to go to Home Depot and I’m painting along and all of a sudden the light went out. No explanation otherwise for the light to just go out like that.

There has also been:

faint smell of perfume in a random area

window blinds swinging in rooms when no animals, people, or wind is present

As long as the spirits aren’t mischievous and don’t cause harm it’s ok. But I would definitely freak out if they were malevolent. And I’m not sure if one moves one can get away from them. From what I understand it seems possible “they” can follow. I watched some show on Netflix that was so good. So scary. I can’t remember what the title was but I’ll share if I can find it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thats interesting I always thought she was tied to the house because when we moved in we found a grave marker. The grave marker was for a relatively young girl, I don’t remember the dates but we thought it couldn’t be her we saw but maybe the mother? The grave marker is still in the shed, we figured it was best not to disturb it too much.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I sense things and think of it as a burden sometimes as it does not just concern me. I descend from a well regarded mystic who lived in the 15th century and sometimes I think I might indeed inherited some weird stuff from him. Who knows...?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this was years ago in our first house, it was built in the 1940's and it was quite small (650 sq ft) our then dog, she was a collie/shepard mix use to get weird once in awhile, I remember a couple of occasions specifically, she was quite protective our son who was a baby at the time and she was standing in the doorway of his room (we kept his door open when we were sleeping) and she was growling at something her head going back and forth and growling...another time she woke us up she ran full force into our room and slammed into our bed growing and her whole body was shaking her hair standing on end and it was like something was chasing her, she jumped into our bed, shaking and growling, it was weird, other times she would just to just jump up and run for no reason...we think maybe a animal ghost was in there...in our current house (it is 105 years old) I have smelled cigar smoke randomly and I have heard someone/something coming down our steps, of course no one was there and no one smokes anything in our house...so yeah I think there is something out there..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had two experiences. My grandma moved into a new apartment. She was in the apartment for a short time when we went for a visit. My parents, grandma and I were sitting in the kitchen. There was a connected hallway that you could see from the kitchen. My grandma had a pull out step stool against the wall with an open paper bag on it. The bag started shaking...My parents and grandma exchanged looks but didn’t get up to look. I got up and walked over to see what was causing it to shake. There was nothing in the bag. It stopped when I got close..I also would get the feeling someone was watching me when I would visit. My grandma moved out in less than a month leaving her security deposit. They quickly found her a new apartment. I found out later...after she moved out...that she had told my parents she was levitated from her bed. This woman was the sanest person in our family. They thought that she probably had a dream. My father decided to humor her and stayed one night in her apartment with her. He said he didn’t want to admit it but he was a little nervous....He woke up to find a shoelace from each shoe tied together. She had severe arthritis who had to have velcro straps for her shoes..so she couldn’t have tied them. They moved her out as soon as they could...after bringing her home to us until they could find another apartment.
The second was when I was engaged to my husband. I was still at home...I was crying because my husband‘s father didn’t want us to get married. He said it was too fast. I was on my bed crying and thinking of my Aunt Lena who had passed. The bed at the very end depressed like someone just sat on the end of the bed. I know it was my Aunt Lena.
My mom had one. My brother died. I went home to help my mom. We spent the night in her bed. I was very nervous because my brother committed suicide in that house. The night I flew home my mom said the bed depressed where he always sat to talk to her at night when he came home after being out. She said she felt it was him. She was wide awake with the light on so she wasn’t dreaming.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I sense things and think of it as a burden sometimes as it does not just concern me. I descend from a well regarded mystic who lived in the 15th century and sometimes I think I might indeed inherited some weird stuff from him. Who knows...?

@Roselina, do you feel comfortable sharing the name of your ancestor? I don't mean to pry, but I am curious.

I've had several strange incidents. A few years after my grandmother died, I woke up in the middle of the night fully lucid but feeling strange--hyper aware, kind of frozen in place and a little apprehensive. I felt, rather than saw, a strong lavender light around my shoulders and upper arms. I sensed my grandmother telling me that she was going to appear in front of me. In my head I blurted out "No, no, grandma, I'm afraid." Immediately, the light disappeared, and the sense of frozen hyper-awareness and apprehension went away. When I mentioned the incident to my dad, he told me that lavender was my grandmother's favorite color, which is something I never knew.

Another incident happened when I went to a church social with a new boyfriend. He introduced me to a very friendly guy who immediately shook my hand. The second I touched his hand a thought jumped into my head. It was "Oh my God, this man is a child molester!" My new boyfriend went on to say that the guy was the head of the church's youth program. The three of us spoke for a few minutes and during that time, I felt increasingly agitated and uncomfortable. I never said anything to my boyfriend (we didn't last as a couple) because I had nothing on which to base my impression. About a year later, I read in the local newspaper that the guy had been arrested for child molestation.

Once, I had a dream about my sister crying and telling me that she needed help. When I woke up, I called her immediately. She was fine, but a month later, she was in a really gruesome accident. She survived and spent four months in the hospital and I always felt guilty about not telling her to be careful. I never imagined it could have been a precognition.

The last, most powerful incident is hard to talk about. I lost my mother in 2017, unexpectedly. A few weeks after she died, she visited me in a dream. Even though it was a dream, I know she was actually there. She appeared as her youthful self, and looked absolutely beautiful and radiant. She told me that she was in a beautiful place and that she was very happy. Then she told me that she loved me and would visit me again. I told her that although I wanted to see her again, i also wanted her to stay where she was safe. She smiled at me and then hugged me. When she hugged me, I felt an explosion of the most powerful joy and happiness that started in my heart and then spread throughout my entire body. Then she floated backwards and upwards and as I watched her leave, I realized that she was made of light.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I don't really believe in the paranormal but I have had experiences that I can't explain. The most consistent would be that we have been to the same holiday home for the past 4 years. The first year we arrived and I checked out all the different rooms, I took myself to the lounge and sat in a beautiful leather chair with the most magnificent floor to ceiling window over looking the ocean. After 5mins I stood up, left the room and simply didn't enter that room again. It was the main lounge, the DH, kids and my parents spent every evening in that room watching TV. The following two years I didn't enter the room at all, except to do a visual sweep when we leaving to make sure we hadn't left anything behind. This year we had our 4th stay in the property and I made a conscious effort to be in that room and I couldn't. There was just something there that I didn't want to experience. But again, the kids spent all day in there watching TV. My yoga teacher is a very wise and knowledgeable lady and she says I have a kind of 'voyance' where I am overly sensitive to the emotions of people around me and this can also be related to places and things. (She made these comments in relation to other things that had happened (in the yoga class actually), I hadn't ever mentioned any of my experiences to her). Maybe that's true and could be the same for some other posters. As I said I don't really believe in this stuff; whatever it is I am content to leave it be.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
@Roselina, do you feel comfortable sharing the name of your ancestor? I don't mean to pry, but I am curious.

I've had several strange incidents. A few years after my grandmother died, I woke up in the middle of the night fully lucid but feeling strange--hyper aware, kind of frozen in place and a little apprehensive. I felt, rather than saw, a strong lavender light around my shoulders and upper arms. I sensed my grandmother telling me that she was going to appear in front of me. In my head I blurted out "No, no, grandma, I'm afraid." Immediately, the light disappeared, and the sense of frozen hyper-awareness and apprehension went away. When I mentioned the incident to my dad, he told me that lavender was my grandmother's favorite color, which is something I never knew.

Another incident happened when I went to a church social with a new boyfriend. He introduced me to a very friendly guy who immediately shook my hand. The second I touched his hand a thought jumped into my head. It was "Oh my God, this man is a child molester!" My new boyfriend went on to say that the guy was the head of the church's youth program. The three of us spoke for a few minutes and during that time, I felt increasingly agitated and uncomfortable. I never said anything to my boyfriend (we didn't last as a couple) because I had nothing on which to base my impression. About a year later, I read in the local newspaper that the guy had been arrested for child molestation.

Once, I had a dream about my sister crying and telling me that she needed help. When I woke up, I called her immediately. She was fine, but a month later, she was in a really gruesome accident. She survived and spent four months in the hospital and I always felt guilty about not telling her to be careful. I never imagined it could have been a precognition.

The last, most powerful incident is hard to talk about. I lost my mother in 2017, unexpectedly. A few weeks after she died, she visited me in a dream. Even though it was a dream, I know she was actually there. She appeared as her youthful self, and looked absolutely beautiful and radiant. She told me that she was in a beautiful place and that she was very happy. Then she told me that she loved me and would visit me again. I told her that although I wanted to see her again, i also wanted her to stay where she was safe. She smiled at me and then hugged me. When she hugged me, I felt an explosion of the most powerful joy and happiness that started in my heart and then spread throughout my entire body. Then she floated backwards and upwards and as I watched her leave, I realized that she was made of light.

No no, I don’t. There are thousands of relatives of him all over the world since he had a bunch of children before becoming a hermit. I descend from his oldest daughter.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We visited close to 100 places when we were house hunting.
It was hard because we didn't know the market and we were new to France. Coming from Germany we had much much higher standards and were frankly shocked at some of the places we were shown (think original plumbing and bathrooms incl. open gas flame in an 1898 home, 1960ies carpet on walls and ceiling in another). . All that in homes well over 1 m €...
The only home we visited that was in our budget, big enough, beautiful and recently refurbished was absolutely stunning. 1880ies lavish crown mouldings, original hardwood flooring with intarsia, even the wall colours were to my taste.
Bathrooms and kitchen new. No work to be done. Nice sized garden. Good location.
The minute I walked in I had a strange feeling. Like something had happened there. Think Jeffrey Epstein et al.
Dh and I both felt it. We visited a second time. Same feeling. I didn't even want to bring my kids into that place.

We didn't make an offer.
It was the *only* place we could have moved into without any work. Here I am 4 years and a gut job in a foreign country with all the challenges later and I still wouldn't want that other house. Shudder...

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
The story I’m about to tell didn’t happen to me but my sister…

Several years ago, she was cooking in the kitchen…boiling some eggs, I believe. She then went to sit at the kitchen table with her laptop. Had the music on full blast while surfing and totally distracted, she lost all track of time. She didn’t realize that all the water in the pot had evaporated and it had turned black and was starting to burn. I don’t even know how she didn’t smell the smoke and somehow the curtains, which was 4 feet away and on the other side of the stove had caught on fire.

At that moment, she heard a loud whisper…like someone had leaned in from behind and said in her ear, “Ugly boy!” She thought it was me since that was my nickname for her. One time, she had cut her hair really short and I teased her and said she looked…well..like an ugly boy.

She calls me on my cellphone and asks me where I am and I tell her I’m at my husband’s..then boyfriend’s place. She proceeds to tell me to come home right now! I ask her what’s going on and she refuses to answer and just tells me to get my butt home. We get there 10 minutes later and she’s sitting outside on the steps, waiting for us and begins to recount her tale.

To this day, we don’t know who the voice belonged to as she was home alone at the time. We like to think it was a friendly spirit warning her that she was about to set the dang house on fire.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I had what I think of as experiences but everyone I talk to tells me it's just a panic attack, so idk.
For example, I was convinced when I was pregnant with my oldest that there was a demon in the room with me. I felt the presence &could see something.

Later we lived in a brand new house but I often felt a heavy bad presence in the house, a sense of evil.
Again everyone told me it wasn't possible since it was a new development of new houses & i was just anxious. But i just have no idea what is right or how to know the difference.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely believe.

When I was younger, we lived in a haunted house. I don’t know who or what haunted it but it sure wasn’t friendly. There were a few incidents there.

My mom hated the basement and said she always felt a cold flash when she when down there. One day, she’s was home alone when she heard the washer machine banging like crazy so she went downstairs and saw my brother’s Johnny doll wedged under the edge of the machine...which kept banging down on the doll’s head. She had not turned on the laundry.

One night we’re all sleeping and there’s a crash downstairs. We go down to the living room and see that every religious picture (and a cross) had fallen off the walls of that room. All the other pictures with our family we’re still hanging just fine. If that wasn’t creepy enough, we had this picture of Mary with a heart...like this one.

3292D1DE-D809-4BCB-8087-EE9C944A4F17.jpeg
Anyways, that picture landed on the couch and when I picked it up I noticed that all the glass had shattered and fallen out but one very large, jagged piece was sticking straight out of the heart.:eek-2:

The last major incident I remember: We were singing Christmas carols, in front of the living room fireplace, as a family. Suddenly, a very loud rumble came through the room. The floor almost seemed to move as if something was beneath it, coming straight towards us (like the movie tremors). The force of it knocked me and my brother off our feet.

Needless to say, we didn’t live there for very long and thank goodness for that. I remember having some of the worst nightmares of my life in that house.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely believe.

When I was younger, we lived in a haunted house. I don’t know who or what haunted it but it sure wasn’t friendly. There were a few incidents there.

My mom hated the basement and said she always felt a cold flash when she when down there. One day, she’s was home alone when she heard the washer machine banging like crazy so she went downstairs and saw my brother’s Johnny doll wedged under the edge of the machine...which kept banging down on the doll’s head. She had not turned on the laundry.

One night we’re all sleeping and there’s a crash downstairs. We go down to the living room and see that every religious picture (and a cross) had fallen off the walls of that room. All the other pictures with our family we’re still hanging just fine. If that wasn’t creepy enough, we had this picture of Mary with a heart...like this one.

Anyways, that picture landed on the couch and when I picked it up I noticed that all the glass had shattered and fallen out but one very large, jagged piece was sticking straight out of the heart.:eek-2:

The last major incident I remember: We were singing Christmas carols, in front of the living room fireplace, as a family. Suddenly, a very loud rumble came through the room. The floor almost seemed to move as if something was beneath it, coming straight towards us (like the movie tremors). The force of it knocked me and my brother off our feet.

Needless to say, we didn’t live there for very long and thank goodness for that. I remember having some of the worst nightmares of my life in that house.

The experiences you mention would be terrifying to me and part of the reason I am content to not investigate the subject too deeply.

However some of my other own experiences turned out to be related to sleep paralysis. On occasion I would swear I could hear people in my house, there would be conversations and I could hear the radio playing. Other times I will wake in absolute terror and just know there was someone in the room. These were instances of sleep paralysis which can also include auditory hallucinations. The human brain is a wonderfully complex organ but sometimes it goes wonky. But this knowledge has helped me on those occasions where I wake and know someone is in the room - I try to remind myself I'm in a weird state of hyper alterness yet not fully awake.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thats interesting I always thought she was tied to the house because when we moved in we found a grave marker. The grave marker was for a relatively young girl, I don’t remember the dates but we thought it couldn’t be her we saw but maybe the mother? The grave marker is still in the shed, we figured it was best not to disturb it too much.

I think it could go either way. I think there are spirits tied to a certain home/place but others who can attach themselves to a certain person. IDK. All speculation on my part and I hope never to find out if you kwim.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really believe in the paranormal but I have had experiences that I can't explain. The most consistent would be that we have been to the same holiday home for the past 4 years. The first year we arrived and I checked out all the different rooms, I took myself to the lounge and sat in a beautiful leather chair with the most magnificent floor to ceiling window over looking the ocean. After 5mins I stood up, left the room and simply didn't enter that room again. It was the main lounge, the DH, kids and my parents spent every evening in that room watching TV. The following two years I didn't enter the room at all, except to do a visual sweep when we leaving to make sure we hadn't left anything behind. This year we had our 4th stay in the property and I made a conscious effort to be in that room and I couldn't. There was just something there that I didn't want to experience. But again, the kids spent all day in there watching TV. My yoga teacher is a very wise and knowledgeable lady and she says I have a kind of 'voyance' where I am overly sensitive to the emotions of people around me and this can also be related to places and things. (She made these comments in relation to other things that had happened (in the yoga class actually), I hadn't ever mentioned any of my experiences to her). Maybe that's true and could be the same for some other posters. As I said I don't really believe in this stuff; whatever it is I am content to leave it be.

Did you ever look into the history of the home? To see if anything might have occurred in that room? Very interesting. I see you are content to leave it be and I respect that. I am very curious though and I have no doubt you are right and there is a good reason you don't want to be in that room.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely believe.

I believe too and if we ever live in a haunted house I would leave as soon as we realized it was haunted. I don't care if we lost all our money for the house. NO way would I stay. Glad you guys got out safely.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had what I think of as experiences but everyone I talk to tells me it's just a panic attack, so idk.
For example, I was convinced when I was pregnant with my oldest that there was a demon in the room with me. I felt the presence &could see something.

Later we lived in a brand new house but I often felt a heavy bad presence in the house, a sense of evil.
Again everyone told me it wasn't possible since it was a new development of new houses & i was just anxious. But i just have no idea what is right or how to know the difference.

I think it is possible for a new house to be haunted.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We visited close to 100 places when we were house hunting.
It was hard because we didn't know the market and we were new to France. Coming from Germany we had much much higher standards and were frankly shocked at some of the places we were shown (think original plumbing and bathrooms incl. open gas flame in an 1898 home, 1960ies carpet on walls and ceiling in another). . All that in homes well over 1 m €...
The only home we visited that was in our budget, big enough, beautiful and recently refurbished was absolutely stunning. 1880ies lavish crown mouldings, original hardwood flooring with intarsia, even the wall colours were to my taste.
Bathrooms and kitchen new. No work to be done. Nice sized garden. Good location.
The minute I walked in I had a strange feeling. Like something had happened there. Think Jeffrey Epstein et al.
Dh and I both felt it. We visited a second time. Same feeling. I didn't even want to bring my kids into that place.

We didn't make an offer.
It was the *only* place we could have moved into without any work. Here I am 4 years and a gut job in a foreign country with all the challenges later and I still wouldn't want that other house. Shudder...

You already know this but you made 100% the right choice in not taking that other house. Of that I have zero doubt. You dodged a bullet there @kipari and thank goodness you and your DH listened to your gut.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That last memory you shared with us is so wonderful. And wow about the child molester. Don't feel guilty about your sister. There was no way you could have known. Now you do though and you are prepared if you ever get another precognition.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this was years ago in our first house, it was built in the 1940's and it was quite small (650 sq ft) our then dog, she was a collie/shepard mix use to get weird once in awhile, I remember a couple of occasions specifically, she was quite protective our son who was a baby at the time and she was standing in the doorway of his room (we kept his door open when we were sleeping) and she was growling at something her head going back and forth and growling...another time she woke us up she ran full force into our room and slammed into our bed growing and her whole body was shaking her hair standing on end and it was like something was chasing her, she jumped into our bed, shaking and growling, it was weird, other times she would just to just jump up and run for no reason...we think maybe a animal ghost was in there...in our current house (it is 105 years old) I have smelled cigar smoke randomly and I have heard someone/something coming down our steps, of course no one was there and no one smokes anything in our house...so yeah I think there is something out there..

Your collie/shepard mix is your family's guardian angel!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The experiences you mention would be terrifying to me and part of the reason I am content to not investigate the subject too deeply.

However some of my other own experiences turned out to be related to sleep paralysis. On occasion I would swear I could hear people in my house, there would be conversations and I could hear the radio playing. Other times I will wake in absolute terror and just know there was someone in the room. These were instances of sleep paralysis which can also include auditory hallucinations. The human brain is a wonderfully complex organ but sometimes it goes wonky. But this knowledge has helped me on those occasions where I wake and know someone is in the room - I try to remind myself I'm in a weird state of hyper alterness yet not fully awake.

Oh man, I had my one and only experience with sleep paralysis a couple years ago and I’m not eager to repeat it (hence why I make sure to never fall asleep on my back anymore). Mine involved being fully “aware” and feeling a dark presence come down the hall into my bedroom. It felt like it crawled on my chest and I couldn’t breathe. After some research, I found out that was perfectly normal. Still, I’m not interested in repeating it. :shock:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I explained about a haunting the the thread about the most beautiful house in America being up for sale.
I have another experience to tell you about.
It did not happen to me,it happened to my Aunt.She was a Matron at Plumstead Hospital (long gone) & was a very straight laced woman,not given to any nonsence.She had moved with her husband to a Victorian terraced house in Plumstead.9 Rippleson Rd.They had not lived there very long at the time,when she was doing her laundry in the kitchen.
She had the back door open as she was going back & forth hanging washing out on the line in the back garden.
As she was working,suddenly,a woman walked in from the garden,straight passed her & up the hallway.
My Aunt paniced & ran round to the next door neighbour screaming that she had just seen a ghost. The neighbour told her that the house had stood empty for 10 years after there was a murder.The husband had killed his wife & chopped her up & buried her in the back garden.The woman was listed as missing until later that winter,snow was melting & the ground settled & the next door neighbour saw a hand sticking out of the soil.
My Uncle said the thing that got to him the most is that he had planted his veg patch on the very spot that the hand was found.

Wow, thank you for sharing this with us. That is something you cannot explain away IMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The story I’m about to tell didn’t happen to me but my sister…

Several years ago, she was cooking in the kitchen…boiling some eggs, I believe. She then went to sit at the kitchen table with her laptop. Had the music on full blast while surfing and totally distracted, she lost all track of time. She didn’t realize that all the water in the pot had evaporated and it had turned black and was starting to burn. I don’t even know how she didn’t smell the smoke and somehow the curtains, which was 4 feet away and on the other side of the stove had caught on fire.

At that moment, she heard a loud whisper…like someone had leaned in from behind and said in her ear, “Ugly boy!” She thought it was me since that was my nickname for her. One time, she had cut her hair really short and I teased her and said she looked…well..like an ugly boy.

She calls me on my cellphone and asks me where I am and I tell her I’m at my husband’s..then boyfriend’s place. She proceeds to tell me to come home right now! I ask her what’s going on and she refuses to answer and just tells me to get my butt home. We get there 10 minutes later and she’s sitting outside on the steps, waiting for us and begins to recount her tale.

To this day, we don’t know who the voice belonged to as she was home alone at the time. We like to think it was a friendly spirit warning her that she was about to set the dang house on fire.

Yes it sounds like a positive experience in that it saved you from a fire. Spooky but positive nonetheless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results