shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here she is on the feeder! :dance:
Look at her smile in the second photo!

0I5A1381.JPG
0I5A1409.JPG

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! Those photos are life-size!

Sorry!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gift for her to visit you!
They are so elusive. She came to the right person to have her portrait done professionally for the holidays :)

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gift for her to visit you!
They are so elusive. She came to the right person to have her portrait done professionally for the holidays :)

Aww, thanks, Jimmianne. Your comment about doing her portrait made me laugh! =)2
The photos (which are gigantic for some reason!) were taken two days ago when it was overcast. Yesterday morning she was back and the sun was shining - perfect photo op!
However, I had my car booked in for routine stuff and had to leave; no time for photos. When I spotted her, I was so torn! I considered cancelling the car appointment. I need to get help. :lol-2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
December-fire, do you enter photography shows, or have work in any galleries?
Surely you must, because your work is awesome.
And I just love all of those sweet little birdies! They are adorable!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
December-fire, do you enter photography shows, or have work in any galleries?
Surely you must, because your work is awesome.
And I just love all of those sweet little birdies! They are adorable!

Oh, my goodness, you're too sweet!
No, just share - or subject! - PS to my photos! :lol-2:
A couple of friends have suggested I do something with the photos, but haven't yet.
However, I read about a black-and-white photo of Antelope Canyon that sold for $6.5 million!
$6.5 milion! :eek2:
I'm thinking it would be fun to sell one colour photo a year for $10 million - 'cause you know, colour, so I'd charge more than that old black-and-one shot. :mrgreen2:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...e-canyon-photo-sells-for-record-65m/20230571/

I'm thrilled that others get some enjoyment from my photos.
I love seeing photos posted by others! Cell phone photos, colour, black-and-white, elephants or mushrooms, doesn't matter! They're all beautiful! Each one an amazing, natural beauty.
Keep 'em coming!

:wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mtsapphirelovingannie , thanks!

A pileated woodpecker on your feeder?!?! :appl:
That's wonderful! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is thrilled to see these guys!

Oh, what a beautiful photo of that lovely butterfly (Swallowtail?) on the flower!
We had snow all day today. No flowers or butterflies outside, so its great to see them here.
Thanks for sharing.
:wavey:

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes it was a pileated woodpecker. I was so excited...like Christmas morning for a kid! :dance: I only got two quick snaps of it before it flew off. I had to be at work for a meeting and didn't get to hang out to watch for it again. :(2

I believe the butterfly is a Swallowtail.

Cold and snow here too.

IMG_4552 (2).JPG

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mtsapphirelovingannie , oh my goodness!
He's managing to eat from your tube feeder! :eek-2:
That's amazing! I'm so glad you were able to get a photo of that!
I'm a bit baffled by your thinking that a work meeting somehow took priority but, as @kenny says,
people vary. ;)2

Thanks for sharing your photo with us! =)2

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got up early to do stuff while everyone was still sleeping.
Of course, I had to grab my camera when the female Pileated Woodpecker showed up!
She's visiting a couple of times every day! :dance:
She seemed to have spotted something.

0I5A1543.JPG

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, this guy might be what the Pileated Woodpecker spotted!
She flew off and, shortly after, I noticed this lad!
Not the clearest shot but I think he might be a Short-shinned Hawk.
Please let me know if I'm mistaken!
He flew directly towards my house, then turned away. Where are those photos, you ask. Yeah, I was staring at him with my jaw dropped instead of snapping photos while he flew towards me. :doh:

0I5A1560.JPG

0I5A1565.JPG

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:doh: Make that 'Sharp-shinned Hawk'.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving these photos, but the making out comment made me laugh.
I guess if I had made out like this in high school I would have more children than I do! Lol

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
grey_fox_march_2012_01.jpg

Grey fox on our roof

Oh my gosh. Where do you live? Like what region? I've also never seen a turkey like that, though I guess that is the typical thanksgiving turkey image, isn't it?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh. Where do you live? Like what region? I've also never seen a turkey like that, though I guess that is the typical thanksgiving turkey image, isn't it?

San Francisco Bay Area . One was a wild turkey crossing the road and the other was a turkey vulture (they only eat dead things).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that fox is cool.
hotpozzum, where is home for you?.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new additions!

@cflutist , wow! That turkey vulture looks like he's wearing a protective vest and is ready to do battle!
The fox is beautiful, the other turkey is huge, and the raccoons are the reason for the term 'wildlife'. :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is proving to be a cold December here at the beach. Photos from this AM.

iceonbeachdec2017.jpeg

decemberonbeach2017.jpg

beachicedec2017.jpg

and some wildlife in our backyard. This was a few days ago before the ice started forming. The water is too frozen now for the birds...hope they are OK.

december2017beachbackyard.jpg

and one last picture of more of our "wild" life here. 3 of our feral kitties. We have probably over 20 feral kitties. I am super worried about them now that it is subfreezing temps for the next week plus and has been so cold for the past few days. I don't see them around right now and so aggravated. Please think good thoughts for our feral kitties and all the wildlife. :pray:

3feralsindecember2017.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning's addition. From our bedroom.

frozen2017.jpeg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , beautiful! =)2
Being by the water is so relaxing. Its great that you can stay warm inside while still enjoying that gorgeous water view. Perfect!

Wow, you have a lot of feral cats at the beach house. In part, I'm sure, because word has gotten out about how caring you and your DH are towards them. I hope they get through the winter ok. Its so cold this year. Hopefully, they've found overnight accommodation that shelters them from the cold somewhat, perhaps in garages. Sending positive thoughts that they'll survive these temperatures.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos with us.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apsley-Falls.jpg
point-lookout-hero.jpg

A few pics (not mine) from home :kiss2: coz I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad homesick right now....

This is from the New England area of NSW (Australia). The waterfall shown is Apsley Falls near Walcha, it's part of a national park that backed right onto our farm boundary. I spent a lot of my childhood hiking and horseriding through that national park!

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I took the picture on my cell phone this summer of a sunset. I wish my camera had been with me. The colors were amazing.

1267 (002).jpeg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is from the New England area of NSW (Australia). The waterfall shown is Apsley Falls near Walcha, it's part of a national park that backed right onto our farm boundary. I spent a lot of my childhood hiking and horseriding through that national park!

Its beautiful! Hiking and horseback riding through that area would have been amazing!
Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photos with us. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results