shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

Star gazer

Brilliant_Rock
I've only had one bunny in my yard so far this year. Last year they were everywhere, adult and babies and juveniles and wiped out most of my gardens. Not sure if I'll see as many this year but am looking for "bunny proof" plants now.

Haha they are cute, but naughty, for sure! We have them every year, and they get into our veggies and raspberries. Some years worse than others! 2 years ago we had a nest, the babies were sooo sweet

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha they are cute, but naughty, for sure! We have them every year, and they get into our veggies and raspberries. Some years worse than others! 2 years ago we had a nest, the babies were sooo sweet

I can't even think about planting vegetables or fruit in my yard. Can only grow herbs and strawberries or other container type things on my deck. Way too many critters. Last year the rabbits totally decimated all the hostas and many of the bulbs. The ground hog actually climbed up onto a table I had on the patio where there was a basil plant and ate that......But I agree, the bunnies are really cute.

Star gazer

Brilliant_Rock
I can't even think about planting vegetables or fruit in my yard. Can only grow herbs and strawberries or other container type things on my deck. Way too many critters. Last year the rabbits totally decimated all the hostas and many of the bulbs. The ground hog actually climbed up onto a table I had on the patio where there was a basil plant and ate that......But I agree, the bunnies are really cute.

Yes I know what you mean. Oh wow, that was bold of the ground hog! :D We have these large rectangular pots, that we used to keep/grow our veggies in, closer to the back of our backyard. But we back onto a forest, and most animals that passed by, helped themselves to our veggies :D So these past couple years, we keep everything (except the raspberry bushes!! We can't move them of course), closer to our home. It's helped keep the animals away, but of course we get the occasional rabbit, squirrel, chipmunk.. but not like before haha.
I remember one year, having 9 or 10 juicy heirloom tomatos ready to be picked. I thought "Oh I will collect these in the morning.." I woke up to NO TOMATOS IN OUR YARD! They were ALL gone, I found a few chewed up ones lying near the forest, and that was it! We have wild strawberry plants, let's see how they do this year! Had frost here a couple nights ago, so still a bit to go. Sorry for the long post!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I abut conservation land so even though I'm fenced, the critters still got in. And we've had frost the last few nights too, so can't put much out either. Good luck with your gardens!

Star gazer

Brilliant_Rock
I abut conservation land so even though I'm fenced, the critters still got in. And we've had frost the last few nights too, so can't put much out either. Good luck with your gardens!

Thank you, you too!!!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I forgot to share these from last month's visit to the Yukon, Canada. We made a special trip hoping to see the aurora. It was incredible!

IMG_2135.jpeg

IMG_6979.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 6.58.16 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0925.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you might enjoy this Milky Way shot from Stanley Lake, Idaho. I have been told it was the first dark sky location in the United States.

Stanley lake Milky Way.jpg

That's beautiful!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Common Grackle strutting like he's leading a marching band =)2

IMG_2345.JPG

I love watching grackles! Mamas with juveniles are especially interesting.
They are all over the parking lots in my area.
They are very vocal and make some interesting sounds!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang javelina have been destroying our red yucca plants. Just pulled out a flower stalk yesterday. In Fountain Hills AZ DSCF0605.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0607.JPG
    DSCF0607.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 9
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results