shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share a song that lifts your mood just listening to it.

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
Sheryl Crowe’s ‘Steve McQueen’. Makes me smile. Gives me power!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No fat man scoop?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feist. her voice. She can and does sing anything, Makes me feel GOOD.

I'm glad you put up links to her music videos, Sharon. (Having them accessible made it much easier just to click and see who she was.) I had never heard of her before. She's adorable.

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheryl Crowe’s ‘Steve McQueen’. Makes me smile. Gives me power!

Thank you for posting, bespokecarmel. I didn't know that song. I went to YouTube to find it and listen to it, but it didn't do anything for me. One of my favorite songs in the world is Sheryl Crowe's "All I Wanna Do". I think it has a lot more melody than "Steve McQueen". (But to each his own!)

"All I Wanna Do" by Sheryl Crowe...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cat Stevens- If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out

Thank you for posting this, StephanieLynn. I think that most of Cat Stevens' songs are magical, actually. I could probably post ten that I find incredibly evocative. He is ineffably talented.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Anything Tom Petty!!!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
The unicorn song!

And I don't know about you but this one always makes me laugh. The mismatching voice, the goofy dance, and the whole lot. Rickroll!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought this thread was about HAPPY songs, not GREAT songs. Have em all on my playlist, but the LIVE version of the Hotel California is one of my favorites to listen to.

Hahahaha well, great songs make *me* happy. :bigsmile::halo:

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahaha well, great songs make *me* happy. :bigsmile::halo:

Some of the great old songs make me yearn for the good ol days, gets me a bit emotional, and not necessarily in the happiest mood. Grrr... getting older sucks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the great old songs make me yearn for the good ol days, gets me a bit emotional, and not necessarily in the happiest mood. Grrr... getting older sucks.

Perhaps it will help you if you think of aging in a different way. As in it sure beats the alternative. ;))

But believe me I understand. The decades are flying by and it’s going all too fast. Trying to cherish every moment and at times it’s a struggle especially with health issues. Hugs. We oldsters have wisdom on our side. :cool2:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps it will help you if you think of aging in a different way. As in it sure beats the alternative. ;))

But believe me I understand. The decades are flying by and it’s going all too fast. Trying to cherish every moment and at times it’s a struggle especially with health issues. Hugs. We oldsters have wisdom on our side. :cool2:

I know what you both mean and the years seem to be zooming by now. It was only yesterday it was Christmas and now we're a few weeks from the summer solstice. I watch the harvest, see the summer swallows leave and the light changing with the sun moving backwards. I watch the last hurrah of the garden with its splashes of colour with the hollyhocks for the year as the leaves start to turn and fall....Then it's Halloween before we know it, Thanksgiving and the Christmas stuff in the shops again. All this before I can even blink.:eek2:

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you both mean and the years seem to be zooming by now. It was only yesterday it was Christmas and now we're a few weeks from the summer solstice. I watch the harvest, see the summer swallows leave and the light changing with the sun moving backwards. I watch the last hurrah of the garden with its splashes of colour with the hollyhocks for the year as the leaves start to turn and fall....Then it's Halloween before we know it, Thanksgiving and the Christmas stuff in the shops again. All this before I can even blink.:eek2:

As my mother said, in your 20s, it's 20mph, 40s, 40mph faster, 80s, 80mph, etc and life just passes you by

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As my mother said, in your 20s, it's 20mph, 40s, 40mph faster, 80s, 80mph, etc and life just passes you by

Your Mom was a wise lady.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barber's Adagio for Strings (Barber), The Feeling Begins (Peter Gabriel). and the Gladiator soundtrack (Hans Zimmer). All guaranteed to rev me up. Last of the Mohicans, guaranteed to relax me. Sorry no words, it's a side effect of skating lol.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite “mood lifting” songs are all those “golden buzzer” or “emotional” utube clips of X Factor or Britians (and the other countries) Got Talent. It’s just so lovely seeing these amazing, yet to be discovered, musical talents become recognised.
Oh, and those “flash mob” clips where groups of musicians and/or singers / dancers just magically materialize and perform in a shopping mall or outdoor plaza. Magnificent.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the songs by the Eagles. My favorite band.
I love The Eagles. :clap:. I had the pleasure of seeing them in concert in 1976 along with Linda Ronstadt. If they come in town again I would definitely go see them again.

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Basically anything by
QUEEN
STEVIE NICKS
PAT BENATAR
...I gotta sing!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love The Eagles. :clap:. I had the pleasure of seeing them in concert in 1976 along with Linda Ronstadt. If they come in town again I would definitely go see them again.

I bet they were brilliant.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Any time I need a lift I listen to a version of Hallelujah.

This is my current favorite, John Pollard shared it with me.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard it today at the grocery store. I'm not going to link it. You either know or remember it (unlikely), or you don't. Lol! Loverboy--Working for the Weekend. Circa summer of 1982. Just met DH. Danced to this song every weekend. :lol-2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Art Garfunkel, I love you an that's all I know. Seems a powerful premise. It moves me.

Peace Train: No words except come on come on come on:

cheer--Sharon

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply because I just listened to it

ABBA - Summer night city
Want to see any, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm

Many others... this one is probably forgotten, and x once she won Eurovision

Last edited:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
A dear old friend reminded me of this one. Brings back many memories from junior high....

You've Got A Friend by Carole King

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results