shape
carat
color
clarity

Please PLEASE help - is there supposed to be this much air between prongs & diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
SYC - thanks for chiming in - I was going to put out an APB for you since I knew you bought JA''s handmade martini settings also. I will definitely be contacting them today since this doesn''t appear to be normal for such a setting. Do you happen to have close-up photos of your prongs for comparison? No worries if not - I havent seen any other prongs like this...
11.gif

One of the studs also looks, as Frekechild noticed without any prompting, off-kilter - the stone (or the prongs) definitely set at an angle, so that when you twirl the post it looks really warped.

Diamond Dana - thanks for your sympathy!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 2:51:56 PM
Author: Love Street

I''m sorry to inundate with posts and photos - I guess it''s my way of venting... so thanks for putting up with it.

OK, now we''re on to Diamond B, Prong 1:
It''s especially noticeable in this pic. It looks like if you twirled it in between your fingers instead of just spinning it would sort of move around...regardless of my not being able to find the right words, I totally see what you''re saying, and there is something not right about at least one of them-and that has nothing to do with the air space under the prongs. Which would totally bother me because I have long fine hair that would definitely get caught in there and probably break off.
38.gif

They need to be sent back. In other news, the stones are gorgeous!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
FrekeChild, that is exactly what one of them does - I used almost those exact words on my SMTR thread - it''s as if the martini "basket" is on crooked because the entire thing, including the diamond, is off-kilter, as you said. The table of the diamond is NOT perpendicular to the ear post, and when you hold the post and twirl it, it looks really warped, like a warped record or apotter''s wheel with an off-center piece of clay. Even DH noticed this without any prompting
7.gif

I also have long fine hair that breaks way too easily. I sent an e-mail to JA with photos this weekend, including the one just noted. So we''ll see how it goes.... Thanks again for your observations and comments.

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 11:45:41 AM
Author: Love Street
SYC - thanks for chiming in - I was going to put out an APB for you since I knew you bought JA''s handmade martini settings also. I will definitely be contacting them today since this doesn''t appear to be normal for such a setting. Do you happen to have close-up photos of your prongs for comparison? No worries if not - I havent seen any other prongs like this...
11.gif

One of the studs also looks, as Frekechild noticed without any prompting, off-kilter - the stone (or the prongs) definitely set at an angle, so that when you twirl the post it looks really warped.

Diamond Dana - thanks for your sympathy!
Hi Love Street -- sorry I don''t have any close-up photos available, but I will try to take some later today and if they come out right, I will post them here.

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Hi Love Street,

Sorry, I have been off PS for a while. I tried taking some pictures of my earrings, but could not get them to show the prongs well. Did you get in touch wtih James Allen? I hope they''re fixing the problem!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I hope they''re fixing the problems (plural). I''m shocked! This is fine jewelry, not some haphazard piece of junk. How dare they send work out looking like this.
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results