carat
color
clarity

PLEASE! help with tiffany & diamond quality. I'm confused

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: PLEASE! help with tiffany & diamond quality. I'm confus

The 1.11 is okay. You can consider that one. The others have large tables and we are trying to help you get a GIA Ex cut stone that fits into ideal cut parameters. You see, GIA Excellent is a broad category. We would say that some in that category are really excellent and others are very good. And if you are paying for Excellent, you may as well get one of the best ones!

I honestly wish you could order both by putting one on credit and then return one the next day! That was about the best idea I have heard! I think Tiffany has a payment plan and you could maybe get that one that way and pay for the WF ring another way and then let her choose! I think they both take returns!

newjourney

Rough_Rock

happilymarried|1456765286|3997358 said:
To the folks who replied that they liked the 1.11 the most, why is that? The 1.01 scored better and had 3 excellents on the HCA score. The 1.11 only had 1 excellent on the HCA scores. Can you educate me as to why you think that stone is better? Is it due to it's measurements?

In short, the other 3 choices are considered 60/60 stones. Such stone can give off good sparkle, but limited fire. Smaller tables are more preferable to many people due to their capacity (in presence of ideal crown/pavilion angle combination) to reflect more fire. The 1.11 stone has the smallest table of all 4's and it also happens to be within the ideal range. Moreover, this stone's angles are acceptable making it a relatively safe choice.

I totally respect your decision to pursue a Tiffany diamond. A diamond has to be both eye clean and mind clean. Hopefully, Tiffany can find you a stone that has the ideal geometry recommended by previous posters.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another of my 2 cents : )
I don't think this has been addressed, but forgive if it has.
The better the cut the better the performance in a variety of light situations.
An excellent cut will always be "on", and a less-well-cut will appear to lose it's charm in certain lighting.
Lastly, the last place one wants to evaluate a diamond is under store lights.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can totally understand the attraction of the Tiffany brand but it seems a shame that for the mark up the customer is having to do so much..........

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results