shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help with Pear Pendant Design!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hello Gang. So today I purchased an estate piece - it's a ring with a pear-shaped diamond. Here is the thread about the ring. The specs are:

Pear-shaped Brilliant
2.79 carats (estimate)
H, SI-1
Very Good Cut
VG Pol/G Sym
No floro

I want to convert the ring into a pendant and need design ideas! What is your favorite pear pendant? I really appreciate your help with this!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few designs I''ve seen....

Pear Pendant bezel1.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another I saw that''s nice.....

divinepearpendant1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saved that halo''ed one from a Christie''s auction...that''s what I was going to suggest!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Fire Goddess - I probably found it on one of your posts! I hope you don''t mind. It''s a beauty! Thanks! I''m trying to decide if I want a halo - not sure yet....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only thing I mind is that the pendant isn''t mine.
2.gif

Have you seen Catmom''s pink sapphire pear pendant? Beautiful design. Here''s a sneak peek.

cmspinksap12o.jpg

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I think pears look beautiful in halos!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Fire, I don''t know if I like the front or back of Catmom''s pendant better - it looks so good both ways!

:) I would agree that halos are nice - I''m not settled on it yet - we''ll see. Any ideas?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
What about a simple pear setting (the stone is very large, so doesn''t need much to stand out!) with a solo plain halo of prong set round stones surrounding it.

This isn''t the best example, but something sort of similar to the halo surrounding this ruby..

Drat -I am computer illiterate. I can''t get the pic to post. Here is a link I hope works..

http://www.allejewelry.com/images/mbimages/allejewelry/images/019-44f.jpg

You could even get two loops for the necklace chain placed behind the stone - one at the fat end and one at the pointy end - then it could be worn either pointy end up or pointy end down depending on your mood!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I think I have 1 or 2 more

05LPP131.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll keep looking

necklace_3456_1.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
That might be it.

pend9.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
thanks Ann! Those are all really nice too! I really like the idea of putting the pendant on a diamonds-by-the-yard chain. Maybe even a double DBTY chain. I''ve seen them with bezel-set marquises, which looks really different.

But then, I also saw this one elsewhere on Pricescope - it blows the DBTY idea out the window. Hmmm....

PearPendantTPZDrop.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I love the first one!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i really like the last two simple designs. the pear does well on it''s own.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2006 1:30:28 PM
Author: belle
i really like the last two simple designs. the pear does well on it''s own.
HI:

Agreed. "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" (Leonardo da Vinci).

cheers--Sharon

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your thoughts asscher, belle, and sharon. I think I agree that simpler is better, especially because it''s a nice large stone.

I was thinking about a halo possibly to protect the stone. There is a feather near the edge under one of the prongs and I am concerned that it might be a weaker spot. Should I try to protect this area with a halo? Do you think that''s necessary?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I won''t pretend to know anything about feathers because I have no idea, BUT I would think overall that wearing this diamond on your neck it wil be a heck of a lot more protected than wearing it on your hand. It will get banged around less.

In the first photo that you showed with the bezel set round above it, I love that design but I would go a bit heavier on the chain and I would use a v tip at the point to protect it instead of the regular prong shown.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2006 5:59:17 PM
Author: starryeyed
Here are a few designs I''ve seen....
I like the first photo you posted. I would have the round bezel set stone be a colored stone though. But I would change the little ears that attach the stone to a bail (sp?). Then I would add some diamonds or colored stones to the chain like DBTY. I think a colored stone would really make the diamond "pop" even though it will due to size.

Congrats on your purchase.
9.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Asscher and StoneHunter! I''ve been off-line for a bit with Christmas travel, etc. and I really appreciate your thoughts! Protecting the tip is key - thanks for pointing that out.

I''m still totally undecided. As I look at the stone though, I''m wondering if I shouldn''t try to actually have a "piece" made, as in a necklace, rather than just a pendant - something like the last image. The stone is so large that I think it might look funny hanging on a little chain.

Thoughts?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the one with the blue pear.

I like the first one BUT...

I do not like the pear in prongs and the small diamond in a bezel, if that makes sense. I think you should have the small diamond above, if you are doing one, be in prongs also...it looks off to me to have one in a more contemporary setting and one in such a classic one, not that bezels are not classic, it just seems mixed to me...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the blue pear.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2006 7:31:53 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Have you seen Catmom''s pink sapphire pear pendant? Beautiful design. Here''s a sneak peek.
Thanks for showing my pink sapphire pendant, FireGoddess!! I do love that pendant.......but check out a little blue number that just stole my heart. I posted it under the colored stones forum. Here''s a sneak peek:

cmssapp3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results