shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help! T- minus 20 days!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bongolover

Rough_Rock
Thanks Laila! That definitely could be it! They looked so much like brother & sister diamonds that I wanted to get both as a set of earrings! Just can''t sport the TO look! Hehe...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
jewelery stores use bright direct light which would tend to show the 35.5 Pavilion: 40.6 combo in its best light.
It is one of the worst lighting to tell the difference in diamond performance.

try diffused lighting.

As far as that goes 35.5 40.6 is a nice combo in itself.

bongolover

Rough_Rock
Thanks Storm, I know I can''t go wrong either way. Your explanation definitely helps with getting to the "mind clean" stage. :)

bongolover

Rough_Rock
Hi all! We''re engaged! Just wanted to update you on the proposal! I did it on 10/3 in NYC and she said yes! After the tears of joy, she told me that her mom did mention to her that I stopped by to ask for permission -.- All is good though! We can''t take great pictures of the ring so this is the best pic so far... Thanks again for your support in making the right decisions!

At the end of the day, I had the 1.7 from JA ordered in and did a side by side comparison with the local jeweler''s diamond that he brought in. Surprisingly, they were nearly identical! All 4 C''s! Could have been a nice set of studs! :)

The local 1.7 did appear a slight bit larger in size due to the cut and the color was a smitten whiter. The appraiser confirmed that it was definitely a G from the top and an F from the pavilion half. She is thrilled with her ring! I ordered a 5.5 ring size and it actually came in 5.25. BUT! It fits perfect! Now, we will start looking for an eternity band to go with the solitaire.

Hope my experience didn''t drive you guys crazy and maybe even be a source of reference for some of the guys in the market today! Have a great one!

whoo hoo!.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bongolover, I remember you! The ring and diamond turned out just gorgeous! I bet she is thrilled. Congratulations; all your hard work paid off!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results