shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help!!!!!Ring size!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dawkins20

Rough_Rock
I have gone through the process of finding the ring, buying, etc.

Well the time has come and I picked up the ring to day and it is perfect!

Here''s my problem

A few months ago we were in a jewelery store looking at rings (I had already purchased one but didn''t know the size).

To my surprise my girlfriend just walked in and tried out the colection of ring sizes...She tried them on and I conveniently noted that 5.5 was the size that fit best. It was one of those rings that had all the different sizes

It is now about three months later and my ring is complete. Just last night we were in the jewelery store and she was trying on rings for something to do....she tried on a sample from the window and it was size 6.....and the clerk replies.....6 is your perfect size...and my girlfriend replies yes it feels perfect!!!!!!!!!

Well I am proposing tonight and I don''t know if the 5.5 is going to fit!!! I am sweating bullets here. How horrible it would be if she couldn''t even get it on. We are leaving tommorrow to visit our parents and announce the engagement.

Does anyone have any experience on how much different these sizes are? DO you think 5.5 will still fit? I know that it is about 1 cm in difference. Is that enough for her to not get it one her finger!!!!

Someone please, please make me feel better!
errrr.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
How thick is the band? I'm a 7 in a thick band, 6.5 in a thin one...also a bit thicker in the morning or when it's humid...It should be fine...have a wonderful evening!!!kl

dawkins20

Rough_Rock
hmmmmm. not sure. It is a lucida setting.

Thanks for taking away a bit of the worry. It's probably more anxiety than anything else. It is comforting to know that you can get away with wearing two rings that differ by 0.5. But everyone is different.

Thanks

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Do not fret! You are going to be just fine. I thought I wore a "6" on that finger but I can also wear a 5 1/2...so that's what we ordered when we picked out our "e" ring. If originally she could get the 5 1/2 on her finger then it sounds perfect. They say you want to get this ring really snug - so the weight of the diamond does not pull it to one side or the other. As long as she can get it on her finger you are safe - and it sounds like that will be no problem.

The jeweler that sized me mentioned that you could have it "opened" up on the inside a bit if the ring is a tad to small by taking out some of the inside of the band. Sounds scary, but it can be done. Mine will be an eternity band so this is how we'd have to get it slightly resized if it came to that.

Good luck with your engagement - I wouldn't worry about the size...if you were a whole size off or more - that might be a problem. You're Golden!

Enjoy your evening!

~Lisa

Froof

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend wants to think that 4 is her exact size, though whenever we get her sized, it is generally 3 3/4. Point being, if someone put a size 4 on her and told her it was perfect, she'd probably wholeheartedly agree. However, in reality the smaller size is the best choice--the ring would be less likely to slide off, or spin around her finger.

Don't worry about it! I'm sure it will be just fine. It will go on.

Good luck and have fun!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
You should be okay. We ordered mine to come as a 6.25, but vendor mistakenly sent a 6. Turns out I really need a 6.5.

I was able to get the 6 on my finger (although he couldn't get it on - *I* had to push it!), but I had it sized shortly thereafter to a 6.5. No big deal - I took it to my local jeweler and waited as he sized it. It took about 20 minutes.

dawkins20

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone sooo much.

The more I read this the more comfortable I feel.

It is strange through the whole process I have been very laid back and not worried or anxious at all. Now that today is the day my mind is probably just looking for excuses to worry.

like for example....i just read that when it is hot and humid your fingers can swell a little. Well I live in toronto where it is incredibly humid and today is very nasty in particular......I probably won't be able to fully relax until I see it slide on her finger but you guys are definitely making me feel ALOT better.

Thanks
21.gif

mercerdnky

Rough_Rock
My everday rings are 5 1/2, I received my e-ring, 5 1/2 was too big! I had it resized to a 5. In fact the jeweler measured me using a ring sizer like you described and I was a 4 1/2!

You are within range, and it's a very small difference.

Good luck tonight!
1.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/30/2004 4:12:11 PM Froof wrote:

My girlfriend wants to think that 4 is her exact size, though whenever we get her sized, it is generally 3 3/4. Point being, if someone put a size 4 on her and told her it was perfect, she'd probably wholeheartedly agree.

----------------

Hahahahaa... I was exactly like this, except it was 5 -> 4.75. I'm quite anxious about whether it's going to fit at all when it comes back! Still, one jeweler was quite convinced that I really should be wearing a 4.5, so I'm probably fine. My other ring spins and drives me up the wall, so going smaller than I would normally think to is a good idea.

In any case, dawkins, there's a fair bit of slop in there, and since she measures as both, probably either is fine. It varies quite a bit for some of us based on the time of the month, the humidity, what we've been eating, stress... it may take a bit to be really sure about her size anyway, and getting non-tension rings and non-eternity bands sized 1/2 size is really no big deal at all.

Congrats in advance!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If its not right it can be resized but I was what I thought was a 6 and I think Im more like a 5 or 5.25, and my ering is a 5.5. After Summer I am getting little platinum balls put in the band so that it won't spin as bad. It tends to when Im cold or its late at night.

Can't wait to see pics and the hand pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results