shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with designing a spacer?

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! I see what you mean though. Maybe a similar one that’s slimmer but the same height?

Yeah I wondered that too... maybe 1.8 or 1.5 mm... but then I was thinking if I wanted to wear it by itself it might start to either be uncomfortable or look odd. This one is more weighty. 1.8mm might be a good half-way house. However @msop04 is correct, it does look automatically thinner already. Ugh, these decisions, so difficult.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I actually love it as is! I think it's a nice height and not too wide. But I love knife edge in general so maybe not the most objective person to ask. But if I were you I'd go for it in plat / gold/ whatever metal you prefer because I think it looks like it fits in with your set perfectly.

Thanks @lovedogs! I agree, there's something wonderful about knife edge rings. The height is perfect, and I agree it's not TOO wide. I just wonder if maybe it should be a touch thinner? Once I've lived with it for a while then I would definitely get a platinum version, and I kind of feel that this is probably the most classic solution to my problem.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lovedogs! I agree, there's something wonderful about knife edge rings. The height is perfect, and I agree it's not TOO wide. I just wonder if maybe it should be a touch thinner? Once I've lived with it for a while then I would definitely get a platinum version, and I kind of feel that this is probably the most classic solution to my problem.

IMHO you dont want it too thin, because to me when spacers are too thin they almost look accidental or out of place, whereas when it's closer in width to the other bands it looks purposeful. But again that's just me!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
IMHO you dont want it too thin, because to me when spacers are too thin they almost look accidental or out of place, whereas when it's closer in width to the other bands it looks purposeful. But again that's just me!

Actually fully agree with you there! Like there's something nice about having a band that looks like it serves its own purpose rather than just the purpose of a spacer. 1.8 might be ok though? :confused:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with this... 1.8 mm in a knife edge would be the thinnest I'd go with your set...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually fully agree with you there! Like there's something nice about having a band that looks like it serves its own purpose rather than just the purpose of a spacer. 1.8 might be ok though? :confused:

I think 1.8 would be good... but the 2 mm looks nice as well. Just make sure it has the height.

ETA: I find myself going back to my tri-wire (pseudo "knife edge" look) more than my plain knife edge...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results