shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with designing a spacer?

Sibsgirl

Shiny_Rock
Ritani offers knife-edge bands in two widths, 1.5mm and 1.8mm. They're priced fairly reasonably as well.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Ritani offers knife-edge bands in two widths, 1.5mm and 1.8mm. They're priced fairly reasonably as well.

Oh that is excellent information! Thank you so much. :D Think I'll try for a silver version first to see what I think, but this gives me great shopping around abilities once I've decided!

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
Oh that's a very nice band too! Do you have any pictures of it with your ring? I'm thinking with the way my prongs are angled that a knife-edge may be better for me to reduce the negative space, but that's a very pleasing shape too and I like that it comes in 1.5mm. Thank you.

I have the 18k rose gold 2mm heavy domed band. I don't have much finger real estate (darn short fingers!). Band is size 4, e-ring size is 4.25. I think the bands are sized accurately-I use a ring snuggly with my e-ring.
AVv+hooNSCigTupyzsHtvg.jpg

5OfEEBqxTqCCbcDbSMQ7Jg.jpg

NuSx3uaJTLup3ll8SftQ1w.jpg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, not sure if you are still looking, but i had a similar issue finding the right band. I had this custom made to fit between my cvb jovyn and cvb juliette band. Its oval!!! And it wasnt too expensive. Let me know if this interests you, I can dig thru my Etsy acct. and find the details!

20200220_114841.jpg 20200220_114834.jpg 20200220_114932.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say that I recently ordered a band from Deb Blazer on Etsy and the customer service and quality was to notch. They will customize too (within reason).

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I have the 18k rose gold 2mm heavy domed band. I don't have much finger real estate (darn short fingers!). Band is size 4, e-ring size is 4.25. I think the bands are sized accurately-I use a ring snuggly with my e-ring.
AVv+hooNSCigTupyzsHtvg.jpg

5OfEEBqxTqCCbcDbSMQ7Jg.jpg

NuSx3uaJTLup3ll8SftQ1w.jpg

Thank you for the pictures! Firstly what a beautiful set! Secondly I think I fully understand what @msop04 was saying - the thing that makes all these things work so nicely is the height is the same! So you can change shape and even metal colour but if the height is correct then it blends really nicely. Thank you again!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, not sure if you are still looking, but i had a similar issue finding the right band. I had this custom made to fit between my cvb jovyn and cvb juliette band. Its oval!!! And it wasnt too expensive. Let me know if this interests you, I can dig thru my Etsy acct. and find the details!

20200220_114841.jpg 20200220_114834.jpg 20200220_114932.jpg

Oooh that's also a lovely set! Oval is interesting, they're usually domed etc. What gave you the oval idea? Perhaps other bands you had tried before? What metal is it in?

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say that I recently ordered a band from Deb Blazer on Etsy and the customer service and quality was to notch. They will customize too (within reason).

So yesterday, based on all the wonderful advice here from everyone, I emailed Deb Blazer, and they're custom making me a 2mm knife edge band in silver. :mrgreen: Their customer service was great (especially considering the time zone difference!). I wanted 1.8mm but their stock silver is 2mm so it has to be 2mm. That's ok. My bands are 2mm and this will be slightly slimmer looking because of the knife edge. I like symmetry so it will probably turn out to be perfect.

Can't say it was amazingly cheap especially with shipping and once I pay customs, but equally it wasn't/won't be obscenely expensive even with all that. Anyway, I like rewarding fantastic customer service and the good reviews here along with the pleasing knife edge shape have swayed me. Easier than looking locally that's for sure!!!

I think it's going to take weeks and weeks so hopefully I'll forget about it in the meanwhile and then it will be a nice treat! And if it works out perfectly at some point I'll likely get a platinum version.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a link? Love this ring!

This is the one I bought. It was perfect. It is very delicate, closer to 1.6mm than the measurements in the listing. The finish is great. It is smooth on the inside for comfort. Anyway, great product and service, highly recommend.

And here is a wider version more like the tiffany and the perlee. This is the one I am thinking of getting next bc I found the first a little too delicate for my taste and for my e-ring.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I think a perlee knock off would also make an interesting spacer! https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...0-perlee-pearls-of-gold-ring-small-model.html You can find similar rings on Etsy for under $100.

Hi Lydia!

I really love the beaded rings, I saw someone with one on here and thought it was a great idea. I tried one on but unfortunately it didn't really go with my set - the nooks in the beads were not deep enough to eradicate negative space (which I don't necessarily need, but it had been my hope when I saw it) and the texture of it was really eye catching, which made the height difference an issue. It is, however, a really great spacer idea so thank you for that! It might also help others if they find this thread searching for ideas. =)

Best,
Lydia (sorry - I've been wanting to do that for ages! :oops::lol:)

This is the one I bought. It was perfect. It is very delicate, closer to 1.6mm than the measurements in the listing. The finish is great. It is smooth on the inside for comfort. Anyway, great product and service, highly recommend.

And here is a wider version more like the tiffany and the perlee. This is the one I am thinking of getting next bc I found the first a little too delicate for my taste and for my e-ring.

@dreamer_dachsie - do you have any pictures? It does look like a lovely band as I mentioned above to @lydial. It sounds very dainty, the one you have. I have tried on a larger one but there was something about it that didn't work for me, not sure what... Based on this thread it was probably the height. Why don't you take the plunge and get the larger one? :Up_to_something:

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
For price comparison’s sake seeing as you are shopping around: I have a knife edge 950 pt/ru spacer, 1.6mm from Mountain Spirit Jewels on Etsy. It was $190. He does 1.8mm for $240. I think these are quite good prices for platinum! Here is a pic with my little .53 CBI :)
0730D0E8-7ECD-4E75-94FB-6D6291A2DEEB.jpeg
I ended up not needing to wear it though, because my diamond band is bead set and the melee sits quite low down within the band if that makes sense!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@dreamer_dachsie - do you have any pictures? It does look like a lovely band as I mentioned above to @lydial. It sounds very dainty, the one you have. I have tried on a larger one but there was something about it that didn't work for me, not sure what... Based on this thread it was probably the height. Why don't you take the plunge and get the larger one? :Up_to_something:

I didn't take any pictures. I am terrible! I don't actually own a smart phone if you can believe it, so snapping a quick photo is not in the cards. I should have done it just to post for PSers cuz I know a lot like this kind of band. It is much prettier than their photos convey.

I may order another of the thinner band in 18k... I thought my e-ring was 14k but when this thin band arrived and the color was so different from my e-ring I louped the stamp and turns out my e-ring is 18k lol. So I may order another of this thinner band but in the right color metal. I am not decided yet. I mostly want it to wear when it is cold and my e-ring is a little loose. Otherwise I actually wear my e-ring alone and prefer it that way so I can see the details on the bridge. So the more delicate band may in fact be the best option... it sure was pretty.

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't read all replies in detail, but I second what @msop04 has said & would go with a 1.5 to 1.8mm band, either knife edge or rounded. I think the knife edge would please my eye better due to the height being more of a match & possibly if it were me, I would go for 18ct yellow gold to add visual interest? I wear an 18ct plain 1.75mm Tiffany Lucida on my RH, which my hubby bought for our 10th anniversary so that I could start my skinny Tiffany stack, but I have basically just worn it by itself pretty much ever since & we're 13 years this year. It just feels so luxurious & classic - I haven't wanted to add to it yet. Might be worth something similar & plain to sandwich between your bands? Your rings are GORGEOUS & don't need any competition.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
For price comparison’s sake seeing as you are shopping around: I have a knife edge 950 pt/ru spacer, 1.6mm from Mountain Spirit Jewels on Etsy. It was $190. He does 1.8mm for $240. I think these are quite good prices for platinum! Here is a pic with my little .53 CBI :)
0730D0E8-7ECD-4E75-94FB-6D6291A2DEEB.jpeg
I ended up not needing to wear it though, because my diamond band is bead set and the melee sits quite low down within the band if that makes sense!

Oooh that's a lovely CBI! Do you have a thread on it? :D

I really love the colour of platinum combined with ruthenium. I've looked up the Etsy person you're talking about, his shop looks nice! He doesn't currently have any knife edge bands in the platinum spectrum or within that size range... Unless I'm missing something, which is definitely possible. Was it part of his shop range at the time you bought it?

And yes, fully understand what you mean about the melee being set so there no rubbing! That was fortunate. :bigsmile:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't take any pictures. I am terrible! I don't actually own a smart phone if you can believe it, so snapping a quick photo is not in the cards. I should have done it just to post for PSers cuz I know a lot like this kind of band. It is much prettier than their photos convey.

I may order another of the thinner band in 18k... I thought my e-ring was 14k but when this thin band arrived and the color was so different from my e-ring I louped the stamp and turns out my e-ring is 18k lol. So I may order another of this thinner band but in the right color metal. I am not decided yet. I mostly want it to wear when it is cold and my e-ring is a little loose. Otherwise I actually wear my e-ring alone and prefer it that way so I can see the details on the bridge. So the more delicate band may in fact be the best option... it sure was pretty.

No smart phone... I suspect you get a lot of your life back! :lol:

It sounds pretty! Funny about the different metal concentration. Do you think it was the colour difference that was bothering you? Your original mention of it in here made it sound like it was it's size rather than the colour. Perhaps you can find out if an exchange is possible if you get the right colour and then realise you need bigger. Or perhaps you could get both sizes and return one? Ugh, I do understand the pain of this all!

Best of luck with that decision!

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
Oooh that's a lovely CBI! Do you have a thread on it? :D

I really love the colour of platinum combined with ruthenium. I've looked up the Etsy person you're talking about, his shop looks nice! He doesn't currently have any knife edge bands in the platinum spectrum or within that size range... Unless I'm missing something, which is definitely possible. Was it part of his shop range at the time you bought it?

And yes, fully understand what you mean about the melee being set so there no rubbing! That was fortunate. :bigsmile:

I think at the time he had 1.4mm listed in the store and I’d enquired about 1.6/1.8mm so he gave me prices and set up a custom listing.

I’m excited to see what you choose as your set is so stunning. You’ll probably end up with a few options and switch it up!

No thread on my CBI, I wasn’t sure if she is too small... but once I upgrade for sure! Shouldn’t be looking as I haven’t had this one long, but there are 2 tempting me at the moment!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't read all replies in detail, but I second what @msop04 has said & would go with a 1.5 to 1.8mm band, either knife edge or rounded. I think the knife edge would please my eye better due to the height being more of a match & possibly if it were me, I would go for 18ct yellow gold to add visual interest? I wear an 18ct plain 1.75mm Tiffany Lucida on my RH, which my hubby bought for our 10th anniversary so that I could start my skinny Tiffany stack, but I have basically just worn it by itself pretty much ever since & we're 13 years this year. It just feels so luxurious & classic - I haven't wanted to add to it yet. Might be worth something similar & plain to sandwich between your bands? Your rings are GORGEOUS & don't need any competition.
IMG_20170902_142247277_HDR.jpg

Hi @Alex T!

I agree I think the knife edge is better than the rounded. I've seen some sets where the rounded look is perfect, and I do have a very old thin rounded band, but I don't think it is the right look for between these two rings (thanks for calling them gorgeous - capitalised! - by the way :bigsmile:).

Unfortunately gold isn't particularly flattering on my skin tone. My mum's jewellery is all 18ct gold and it looks great on her but not on me, my skin is much cooler toned. It's beautiful and I can vaguely get away with it but it's not as nice.

I think it's wonderful that you have found something so perfect for you that you have been content with it - that's really lovely to see and maybe not something commonly discussed on Pricescope... :lol:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I think at the time he had 1.4mm listed in the store and I’d enquired about 1.6/1.8mm so he gave me prices and set up a custom listing.

I’m excited to see what you choose as your set is so stunning. You’ll probably end up with a few options and switch it up!

No thread on my CBI, I wasn’t sure if she is too small... but once I upgrade for sure! Shouldn’t be looking as I haven’t had this one long, but there are 2 tempting me at the moment!

Ah that slippery upgrade slope... :lol:

I think it would be lovely for you to do a thread on your ring. It is beautiful and I don't think your diamond is small at all, and it's a CBI so it's going to be stunning! I don't really know how to phrase what I want to say... Just because a lot of posts show stones that are huuuge... Most people don't have stones that big realistically speaking... And it's lovely to see other stones and there's no need for them to be drowned out of appreciation because you (or any other owner) feel it's not large enough...? Maaan I have tried various ways of phrasing myself and it's impossible, I hope you know what I mean. Basically it would be lovely if you did a thread, and please link me! You could also post on the CBI thread if you wanted or in the stones under a carat thread.

Basically there can never be too many beautiful diamonds no matter the size!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you liked the DeBeers band with the leaf motif, have you considered the Paloma Picasso olive leaf band from Tiffany's (or a similar version from an Etsy vendor)?
paloma-picassoolive-leaf-band-ring-30210573_935356_ED_M.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
If you liked the DeBeers band with the leaf motif, have you considered the Paloma Picasso olive leaf band from Tiffany's (or a similar version from an Etsy vendor)?
paloma-picassoolive-leaf-band-ring-30210573_935356_ED_M.jpg

I have indeed tried that band! It's a very pretty band by itself but it was somehow too wide. I struggled with its directional feel for some reason, as well. This actually REALLY surprised me as I had been admiring some other vine type bands online and had been feeling extremely hopeful. ... I think I was also put off by the price and by the sales assistant saying immediately -"you can't wear that band with your set, your rings will scratch it!" :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2:

Did give me a good laugh, however. :bigsmile:

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
Ah that slippery upgrade slope... :lol:

I think it would be lovely for you to do a thread on your ring. It is beautiful and I don't think your diamond is small at all, and it's a CBI so it's going to be stunning! I don't really know how to phrase what I want to say... Just because a lot of posts show stones that are huuuge... Most people don't have stones that big realistically speaking... And it's lovely to see other stones and there's no need for them to be drowned out of appreciation because you (or any other owner) feel it's not large enough...? Maaan I have tried various ways of phrasing myself and it's impossible, I hope you know what I mean. Basically it would be lovely if you did a thread, and please link me! You could also post on the CBI thread if you wanted or in the stones under a carat thread.

Basically there can never be too many beautiful diamonds no matter the size!

I totally know what you mean, I’m obsessed with this diamond even though it isn’t huge, and stare at it all day lol! I added it to the under 1 carat thread when I got it, and the fire thread. Will definitely make a new thread once I upgrade. Not to threadjack but the plan is to go as big as available “fun money” allows in a few months with a new setting, probably a J/K around 1-1.25 carat, and upgrade color back to an E like this one! Then start again around 2 carat lower color in a new setting.

Did you get to try on any new spacers on this weekend? I love how the skinny wave one looks above. A rose gold one with maybe smaller waves would look amazing!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I totally know what you mean, I’m obsessed with this diamond even though it isn’t huge, and stare at it all day lol! I added it to the under 1 carat thread when I got it, and the fire thread. Will definitely make a new thread once I upgrade. Not to threadjack but the plan is to go as big as available “fun money” allows in a few months with a new setting, probably a J/K around 1-1.25 carat, and upgrade color back to an E like this one! Then start again around 2 carat lower color in a new setting.

Did you get to try on any new spacers on this weekend? I love how the skinny wave one looks above. A rose gold one with maybe smaller waves would look amazing!

That's a really clever idea to stagger the settings that way, and you're not thread jacking at all, I could talk about this stuff all day!

Sadly I was working the weekend so haven't had any new time to think about it. I did order a silver knife edge spacer but that will take weeks to be ready. I will wait for it. Once I have it, of I don't like it I will try a smaller wavy band perhaps. I'm not sure. We will see!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I've been very very impressed by the Deb Blazer service. I got the email within five days to say that the ring was READY! I was a bit gobsmacked honestly, the original correspondence had mentioned it might be four weeks or longer especially because it was a custom order. I did get an email asking if I had a specific timeline in mind - I said no but as soon as possible, thinking that might mean closer to four weeks. Nope - five days. :shock:

It's taken longer in the post! :lol:

Anyway - so it's a very nice ring, I like knife edge rings a lot in general. It's 2 mm but looks thinner because of the optical illusion that is the knife edge.

I can see a slight curve where the seam is and I'm not sure what to do about that. It is extremely subtle but I think the way the light reflects off everything maybe makes it slightly more obvious. I haven't emailed Deb Blazer back yet about receiving the ring because I'm not sure whether to gloss over it or mention it. I know the ring is silver and therefore very soft and probably a pain to work with. Equally, by the time I paid for the ring and postage and customs it's a £65 ring so that's not cheap either, although I recognise postage and customs isn't Deb Blazer's fault. Also sending it back would be a pain in the arse. I might try gently hammering it out with a rubber mallet although that's risky too.

In terms of what I think of it as a spacer, going to wear it for a few days to see what I think of it. I like that the knife edge tucks up nicely against my ring and I love the fact the height is the same. I'm not 100% convinced about it for the role I'm using it for, but I have commitment issues so yeah.

IMG_20200305_172913.jpg
IMG_20200305_172917.jpg
IMG_20200306_142231.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I’ve used Deb Blazer’s shop quite a few times, happily.
And...
I just started using kiraferrer on Etsy for a couple of experimental spacer bands and the quality is excellent as well, with very low prices.

Edit...oh whoops! Just saw that a spacer has been found!
That spacer looks great, Lykame.
I will leave my original post in case someone wants to check out Kira as well.

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I see what you mean though. Maybe a similar one that’s slimmer but the same height?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually love it as is! I think it's a nice height and not too wide. But I love knife edge in general so maybe not the most objective person to ask. But if I were you I'd go for it in plat / gold/ whatever metal you prefer because I think it looks like it fits in with your set perfectly.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I’ve used Deb Blazer’s shop quite a few times, happily.
And...
I just started using kiraferrer on Etsy for a couple of experimental spacer bands and the quality is excellent as well, with very low prices.

Edit...oh whoops! Just saw that a spacer has been found!
That spacer looks great, Lykame.
I will leave my original post in case someone wants to check out Kira as well.

I do love a good Etsy shop recommendation so I'm glad you didn't delete it! And thank you. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results