shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me with choose a tennis bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been lurking and seen so many beautiful tennis bracelets owned by Psers.

10pts each don''t do it for me so I thought roughly around the .16pt mark would be great.....I know tennis bracelets aren''t upgradeable - so herein lies my first problem. My self imposed budget.

So I either do 1 of the following.

1. Buy half the tennis bracelet aka a claw set bangle now and buy the rest and re-set it a later date.
2. Buy a tennis bracelet that has the facility to add-on diamonds.
3. Buy a bar tennis bracelet and and do same as number 1.

I have no idea where to start looking for a setting in reference to #2.

In your opinion, do bangles look as though you could only afford half the bracelet?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
why not just wait until your budget can get you exactly what you want?

i''m just not a fan of trying to compromise b/c I usually end up spending more $ than if I would have just saved and got what I really wanted in the first place.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I was in this same situation of trying to decide on a diamond bracelet last year. At first I thought I wanted a tennis bracelet, but I ended up choosing a 3 carat shared prong bangle from Whiteflash. The stones are between 16 and 17 points each. The bracelet is simply stunning and never fails to get compliments when I wear it. I can assure you that it doesn''t look like I couldn''t afford to get diamonds that went all the way around!
2.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial. Yours was the one that got me thinking about bangles....its beautiful....but I didn''t put can''t afford it and your bangle into the same sentence. I know you chose your bangle because you loved it and for no other reason.

I''m so glad you answered my thread sundial. I have wondered about how the bracelet wears without the flexiblity of a standard tennis bracelet. I pick up, put down and carry my 2 year old quite a bit. I also take her for classes where I sit on the floor and rest my hands flexed to support my weight. You know the normal stuff mothers do with young children. Does the bangle dig press whilst doing certain activities. I don''t have to ask the spinning question because I think its shaped like an oval?

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Wink Jones, aka Winfields, has a wide variety of "add on" diamond tennis bracelets. You can start with however many diamonds you want, and add on as you go along.

http://www.tennisbracelet.com/winfields

Select "Add a Diamond" in the left hand tool bar. Various bracelets are offered according to the size of stone you''re wanting. The size diamond you''re looking for, 16 points, is about 3.5mm in a RB diamond shape.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks "Finding Neverland". What a cool avatar - my giggle for the day!

Good suggestion for the bracelet.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
does anyone remember how big the stones were in diamondseekers tennis bracelet please?

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
You are most welcome, Sparkles.

It''s so bizarre I see your post today. I only found that listing of "Add a Diamond" bracelets at Winfield''s site yesterday. And at that, I literally stumbled onto it.

I have a GF that did the "Add a Stone" bracelet thing. She got hers years ago. Every year for their Wedding Anniversary, her Hubby would add a new stone to the bracelet. Her''s is long since filled now.

Finding that page at Winfield''s is the first time I''ve ever seen them for sale any where. I remember GF saying Hubby had had their jeweler order hers.

I love JD in eyeliner!!
3.gif
I had to pull a PoC avatar as I didn''t find a good one I liked from FN.
2.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 10:07:34 AM
Author: Sundial
I was in this same situation of trying to decide on a diamond bracelet last year. At first I thought I wanted a tennis bracelet, but I ended up choosing a 3 carat shared prong bangle from Whiteflash. The stones are between 16 and 17 points each. The bracelet is simply stunning and never fails to get compliments when I wear it. I can assure you that it doesn''t look like I couldn''t afford to get diamonds that went all the way around!
2.gif
this was what i was going to suggest too. i have a wf bangle that has .03 diamonds. love it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think the ''add a diamond'' is a cool idea! i wonder how it would look at different stages of addition though? like...would having a 1/4" space at the end look like you couldn''t afford the last bit, or would anyone notice? hmmmmm.....
i like the bangle bracelets too...
heck...i like them all!

and i looooove jd in eyeliner too!
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 10:28:19 AM
Author: sparkles
Sundial. Yours was the one that got me thinking about bangles....its beautiful....but I didn't put can't afford it and your bangle into the same sentence. I know you chose your bangle because you loved it and for no other reason.

I'm so glad you answered my thread sundial. I have wondered about how the bracelet wears without the flexiblity of a standard tennis bracelet. I pick up, put down and carry my 2 year old quite a bit. I also take her for classes where I sit on the floor and rest my hands flexed to support my weight. You know the normal stuff mothers do with young children. Does the bangle dig press whilst doing certain activities. I don't have to ask the spinning question because I think its shaped like an oval?
Thank you Sparkles! Well you could go down a little in size and I'm not sure how much of a difference you would notice. It is actually pretty blingy at 3 carats.

As for wearability it IS oval shaped and I have not had any issues with it spinning. It does not press against my skin and become uncomfortable when I am doing things with it on. The bottom of the bracelet does bang into things though so it is actually nice that there are not any stones there. You do notice a heaviness that I don't find with my link style bracelets, but it is not at all unpleasant to wear. This was my first bangle and I have been pleased with my choice. However there are no bad diamond bracelets!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to throw another thought into the mix: if you get a channel setting, the bracelet won''t snag your clothes.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
What about buying a WF bangle now, since it is more casual, and you said you have a 2 year old, probably more durable. Then, maybe in 10 years or so when you can afford to, you can get the tennis bracelet of your dreams.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just been reading a thread about tennis bracelets in Jewelry Pieces. They are just the most beautiful pieces of jewelry! I missed out on the construction of diamondseeker's bracelet, so now I have that thread to look forward to (the computer equivalent of a good book with which I can curl up). Thank you for posting the link!

Deb
34.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 11:04:51 AM
Author: belle
i think the ''add a diamond'' is a cool idea! i wonder how it would look at different stages of addition though? like...would having a 1/4'' space at the end look like you couldn''t afford the last bit, or would anyone notice? hmmmmm.....

i like the bangle bracelets too...

heck...i like them all!

and i looooove jd in eyeliner too!
30.gif

My GF got one of the style that were like little boxes. Each link had a cover over it that simply snapped off for the jeweler to set the stone into the link. Wink has one of that style listed.

http://www.tennisbracelet.com/show_subcat.asp?cat=addadiamond&subcat=TB5150

I think she got hers for Christmas after their 3rd or 4th Anniversary. The jeweler suggested sprinkling the diamonds about in the bracelet so when GF got additional stones, she had an even dispersion. Then she went to doubling up the stones starting in the center and working toward each end.

Since her birthday fell close to their Anniversary, sometimes her Hubby would give her 2 stones at once to keep things even.
2.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Liverland thanks for the link will go an check it out now! I wasn''t to keen on the circles with holes in it that wink has!

SNAGGING ON CLOTHES????????? Alarm Alarm do tennis bracelets snag on clothes. What about the bangles?

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Liverland, the link didn''t work ...could you please be so kind to post a picture of it....thanks

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have not had a big problem with snagging with any of my bracelets so I wouldn''t worry about it. Anything with prongs can potentially snag on clothes including rings.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
A couple of other ideas:

knox has add a link as well
http://knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=244

Another idea would be to get the larger tennis bracelet that you want and fill it completely with the remaining spaces that you can't afford with colored stones or CZ's. When you have the chance to afford to switch them out, it shouldn't be a big deal.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, just saw this! My bracelet is actually made of 10 pointers for a total of 4.1 cts. but I think they look a little larger the way they are set. If I can find my digital camera, I''ll try to take a couple more pictures for you. I am really satisfied with the size for me. I feel like it is in proportion to my rings. I think a really large tennis bracelet is dressier. I think my size can be worn all the time, but I am not so much a bracelet person, so I don''t wear it a lot.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker. I tend to agree with you. I tried on a CZ tennis bracelet with .20pters. I looked out of proportion to my rings. I personally felt that it was way too blingy unless I was sporting like a 9ct fancy cut ring to go with it. Then with all that bling I would be worried about being mugged

That knox link is gr8. I did go to the knox website earlier and didn''t find these....fabulous...will check it out in detail later. thanks

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I happen to love bangles, I have my eyes on some that are thin, you stack them, and the diamonds go all the way around.

I think that it really is a matter of personal taste. I have some really nice bangles and they have diamonds only on the top (they are pave though, so I guess there would be risk to having pave all around!)

Resetting is not inexpensive in a line bracelet, it is very labor intensive, but it is still worth doing later on if you want to.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I liked this one basically because I couldn''t see the claws on the others to clearly.

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=244&rn=415&action=show_detail

They looked more like a box than a claw. Does anyone have a close up please.

The bezel looks neater. I would really like the bezel to be very thin like the tradeshop that someone posted on another thread. Or see if one of the vendors or see if someone can make me something like the claw but 3 prong or winks amended 3 prong. The only problem with custom it may defeat the purpose of saving the $$$ for the stones.

The add-on is a gr8 idea. Although I like the look of not much metal like everyone else. These options seem to be visually chunky in terms of gold. Would the diamonds get lost amoungst all that metal.

Any thoughts.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Question for sundial please.

I just went back and had another look at your thread. That bangle is getting more gorgeous each time I look at it. Fabulous setting on your wrist.

I measured my wrist and in between the 2 bones and the start of my hand measures 6 inches. How do you determine what size bracelet to get please.

Thanks

peachster

Rough_Rock
Costco has nice tennis bracelets - check their website (costco.com).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have to say that I am very opposed to add-a-link bracelets. I had one years ago, and what I found was that it was very expensive to buy the additional links. The finished bracelet would have cost about double the price of a similar bracelet bought outright. So I just left it as it was. That''s just one of many expensive lessons I learned! I think it is far better to just save up and get exactly what you want in the first place.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 6:13:52 AM
Author: sparkles
Question for sundial please.

I just went back and had another look at your thread. That bangle is getting more gorgeous each time I look at it. Fabulous setting on your wrist.

I measured my wrist and in between the 2 bones and the start of my hand measures 6 inches. How do you determine what size bracelet to get please.

Thanks
Sparkles if I am understanding your measurement correctly, my wrist measures almost 6 inches too. I just ordered the stock bangle from Whiteflash. I wanted to get a standard item that I could return if I didn''t like it without paying a restocking fee for something custom. I have smallish wrists and it fits fine. I can actually turn it all the way around when wearing it, but it doesn''t rotate by itself.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sundial.

Sundial, if yoú don''t mind me asking, what was the determining factor for using whiteflash please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results