shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE help me think of reset for Bee (2.06 cushion)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
954FAD02-A40A-48C1-9B9B-5E16D9764EBA.jpeg I decided I want to reset my cushion found by @mrs-b.
I actually named her Bee after her..lol....I absolutely love the setting...and I absolutely love Bee...I just don’t think they go together...I want to put her into a setting without a halo...The diamond halo is so sparkly with vs white diamonds...It wasn’t a cheap setting to make so I don’t what to do with it when he does take her out. I really want to reduce the amount of rings I have but am toying with resetting her into a plain setting like this...She’s much smaller at 7.25x7.17x4.98...I don’t mind a small ring for my right hand. I don’t want to give her up...She is a unicorn..a completely eye clean SI2..This inspiration diamond is way bigger than her...

7BB27862-F7C2-4D90-A860-E189AE1C7E38.jpeg

I’m also considering a solitaire bangle bracelet...but not sure an open bangle would be comfortable..@austina posted this but now I don’t remember whose bangle it is..sorry. It would be in white gold...
2CA7D360-7055-4D5A-AECB-DAAFB442A89A.png
I am also toying with a fixed chain bezel pendant. I really have enough pendants...but they are so pretty. I could layer it...

Now what to do with the Bee’s halo setting? It’s absolute gorgeous...David can take out the cushion safely but the bezel will be damaged a little. He said he could fix it without a problem. I told him I may want to set it with a colored gem. TBH that would just give me another ring when I’m trying to reduce the number. Also...finding a gem to fit in that exact space will be very hard. I thought about just dismantling it..let David melt it down..but what do I do with those beautiful melee? Is it worth it to make a bar necklace or another band? I have enough diamond bands too..Ugh...I don’t like to waste anything. I need help organizing my thoughts. I need voices of reasoning. Please help! Thank you!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do not dismantle that setting!! Please!! List it on loupe troop—maybe have David hold it and fix it for the buyer??? But it’s too pretty to destroy!
I vote for a bangle! I love love my open cuff bangle—it’s a marquise. Wear it every day! So that my first vote!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do not dismantle that setting!! Please!! List it on loupe troop—maybe have David hold it and fix it for the buyer??? But it’s too pretty to destroy!
I vote for a bangle! I love love my open cuff bangle—it’s a marquise. Wear it every day! So that my first vote!

I love it too Nala...You are the queen of resets. Is it possible for me to find a gemstone with those dimensions? I would love to keep the setting if I could...

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think you could find a stone. Or have one custom cut. If you don't want to spend too much money on it, because you don't want another expensive ring you could do a lab grown sapphire or another lab grown gem.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it too Nala...You are the queen of resets. Is it possible for me to find a gemstone with those dimensions? I would love to keep the setting if I could...

Have you ventured into the colored stones world?? I can visualize and emerald or a blue sapphire in that setting! Or just about anything! Maybe if that idea is in the back of your mind, just put off that project until you can focus on the perfect colored stone for a rhr!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you could find a stone. Or have one custom cut. If you don't want to spend too much money on it, because you don't want another expensive ring you could do a lab grown sapphire or another lab grown gem.

Thank you @elizat I’m actually in the process of having a blue gray lab sapphire cut for a previous tapered baguette setting. I looked all year for a natural one to fit in that setting. Natural gems are cut deep..It needed to be shallow. I saw a lab one on Stag and Finch so I jumped on it. It will be ready the end of January. I may consider another one for the setting. You’re right about wanting it to be less expensive.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you ventured into the colored stones world?? I can visualize and emerald or a blue sapphire in that setting! Or just about anything! Maybe if that idea is in the back of your mind, just put off that project until you can focus on the perfect colored stone for a rhr!

I’ve never been a gemstone person. I love Gray spinels though..I think gems are beautiful but I like lighter subdued colors..IDK I may ask David to hold on
to it until I decide what to do.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@nala Can I see a pic of your bangle? Is it
hard to get on?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course! I’m sure David can make yours so that it is flexible but sturdy and safe! Mine pinches a wee bit to slip on but it is always worth the pain bc it sits secure! 8ACB00FB-2C9B-41B2-BED8-D7BABC35E08D.jpeg

Attachments

• 233F9BCA-EDA0-46CC-BC37-3F1E47114484.jpeg
    233F9BCA-EDA0-46CC-BC37-3F1E47114484.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 3E49155D-BDAA-4BF9-9CD1-18A189F825FA.jpeg
    3E49155D-BDAA-4BF9-9CD1-18A189F825FA.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 11
  • EE7AE949-D4C4-42FB-BCF4-D176DF5B4AE8.jpeg
    EE7AE949-D4C4-42FB-BCF4-D176DF5B4AE8.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 7

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course! I’m sure David can make yours so that it is flexible but sturdy and safe! Mine pinches a wee bit to slip on but it is always worth the pain bc it sits secure! 8ACB00FB-2C9B-41B2-BED8-D7BABC35E08D.jpeg

Oooh! Thank you! It’s very pretty @nala! I’m leaning heavily towards the bracelet!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ty! It’s definitely an everyday workhorse! And I get tons of compliments on it!!

I like that I will be able to look down on it to see it...instead of on my neck.
BTW I saw a video on how to put them on. I thought you had to pry open the bangle and scratch yourself in. The video showed you hold it like the letter C. Put one end into the soft part of your wrist..You can go in deep enough to give you the room to just slide it over. Just make sure you don’t pierce a vein there..hahaha

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I had a setting made for my engagement ring and it didn’t turn out as I wanted. Your setting is much prettier than what I have- so I am not trying to compare at all! However, I am in the same boat because I spent a lot on the setting (way, way, way, way too much- I kick myself every day for my poor choices), so I am not ready to have it melted down yet. I had David put a sapphire in it. I’m still not sure what I will ultimately do with it. My ring doesn’t have a bezel, so it was easier to find a stone. Amy found the stone. 81A51B1A-2C8A-4571-A87F-BF527CBF0976.png I pick up the ring on Monday from David. Here are pics...

Attachments

• A9B9019F-5ADC-4995-AC85-52B2764072E2.png
    A9B9019F-5ADC-4995-AC85-52B2764072E2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 14

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a setting made for my engagement ring and it didn’t turn out as I wanted. Your setting is much prettier than what I have- so I am not trying to compare at all! However, I am in the same boat because I spent a lot on the setting (way, way, way, way too much- I kick myself every day for my poor choices), so I am not ready to have it melted down yet. I had David put a sapphire in it. I’m still not sure what I will ultimately do with it. My ring doesn’t have a bezel, so it was easier to find a stone. Amy found the stone. 81A51B1A-2C8A-4571-A87F-BF527CBF0976.png I pick up the ring on Monday from David. Here are pics...
I think the sapphire in that setting looks gorgeous! Your setting is also stunning! I
hope you love it when you get it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not a halo girl
so yahhhhhhh
So looking forward to how this turns out
For both Bee and the setting

But @NicoleNeedsHelp i do love that saphire in that setting
Are you still working on what to do with your diamond?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Im not a halo girl
so yahhhhhhh

No. I was able to sell the 1.8 diamond to a fellow PSer. It was a beautiful diamond, but a bit too small without a halo. I bought a 2.2 from Victor Canera.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. I was able to sell the 1.8 diamond to a fellow PSer. It was a beautiful diamond, but a bit too small without a halo. I bought a 2.2 from Victor Canera.

Wooooow !
Awsome !
Seems like win win to me

The saphire ring really is lovellu

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Do you have a thread @NicoleNeedsHelp? That’s why I think I’m going with a bangle bracelet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I think it will be a pain to have a stone cut to fit, and even then, is that a ring you really want? I feel like you will think the stone is very small once it is out of the halo. Do you have daughters? I'd honestly just leave it as it is rather than spend money making it into something you likely won't wear. I've justified making extra pendants due to having 2 daughters and two granddaughters, but I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

But I see you're considering a bangle, and if you really like wearing bracelets and would wear it, that's a good idea for a stone that size.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a thread @NicoleNeedsHelp? That’s why I think I’m going with a bangle bracelet.

Yeap. Let me see if I can find it. I think it was entitled “what to do with my old diamond”. I had a 1.2 carat poorly cut diamond in my original engagement ring. I was debating what to do with the stone and the idea of a bangle was brought up. I actually loved the idea of a bangle because they are so pretty. However, I ended up surprising myself and finding out that I was sentimental- so I bought back my original engagement ring setting ( I had sold it to my original jeweler) and I had SingleStone recut my 1.2 stone and place it back into the original engagement ring. So, if you’re not confused yet (which you should be because I am), I have my original engagement ring, my revised engagement ring (which is the one on this thread with a sapphire) and my revised, revised engagement ring completed yesterday by VC.
As far as my diamond adventure— I had the 1.24 carat stone and then I bought a 1.8 stone from a jeweler. Then, I bought the 2.2 from VC. I had the 1.2 recut and returned to my original ering. I sold the 1.8.
Now, you can see why I’ve spent so much money on wine and vodka in the last few months.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Yeap. Let me see if I can find it. I think it was entitled “what to do with my old diamond”. I had a 1.2 carat poorly cut diamond in my original engagement ring. I was debating what to do with the stone and the idea of a bangle was brought up. I actually loved the idea of a bangle because they are so pretty. However, I ended up surprising myself and finding out that I was sentimental- so I bought back my original engagement ring setting ( I had sold it to my original jeweler) and I had SingleStone recut my 1.2 stone and place it back into the original engagement ring. So, if you’re not confused yet (which you should be because I am), I have my original engagement ring, my revised engagement ring (which is the one on this thread with a sapphire) and my revised, revised engagement ring completed yesterday by VC.
As far as my diamond adventure— I had the 1.24 carat stone and then I bought a 1.8 stone from a jeweler. Then, I bought the 2.2 from VC. I had the 1.2 recut and returned to my original ering. I sold the 1.8.
Now, you can see why I’ve spent so much money on wine and vodka in the last few months.

I don’t know how to links previous threads here - but it is my October 14 thread. It was @dk168 that came up with the bangle idea and shared her beautiful bangle.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not a halo girl
so yahhhhhhh

Thank you so much for the laugh @NicoleNeedsHelp! That’s why I love it here...It sounds completely normal to me! Haha

@Daisys and Diamonds I thought I was a halo girl but realized I liked them on everyone else but me!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how to links previous threads here - but it is my October 14 thread. It was @dk168 that came up with the bangle idea and shared her beautiful bangle.

Thanks for the tag, and here is the link to my MBR bangle bracelet project:

My MRB Bangle Project

The stone belonged to my mum and it sat in a safe for years (she bought it over 40 years ago) until she finally decided to give it to me in 2015.

I don't like MRB for rings. At 1.94ct is too small as a pendant unless I put it in an elaborate setting, and I seldom wear elaborate pendants nowadays.

Hence I decided to re-purpose it as a bangle as I like wearing bracelets and bangles.

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tag, and here is the link to my MBR bangle bracelet project:

My MRB Bangle Project

The stone belonged to my mum and it sat in a safe for years (she bought it over 40 years ago) until she finally decided to give it to me in 2015.

I don't like MRB for rings. At 1.94ct is too small as a pendant unless I put it in an elaborate setting, and I seldom wear elaborate pendants nowadays.

Hence I decided to re-purpose it as a bangle as I like wearing bracelets and bangles.

DK :))

I read your thread @dk168 I love the story behind it. It‘s beautiful...I like small pendants so it would have worked for me...but really like the bangle idea.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results