shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me pick from these three diamonds.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I was relived with picking the G VS2 but now seeing that picture with the inclusion is really bothering me. I really don't know what to do. This mind clean thing is real.

Based on reading 10+ threads ACA vs CBI threads I am leaning toward CBI.I don't know if I should get the ACA and call it a day. This is agonizing.

;(;( Please help:(sad:(sad

It sounds like mind cleanliness for clarity is a big thing for you. I can understand that, I'm similar. I know it is unnecessary to buy VVS but it's where I feel comfortable.

So, if you want CBI and the VS2 clarity isn't feeling right, go with your second option with the VVS2 clarity. I believe the only reason the first stone was recommended was that you are far more likely to notice the colour grade than the clarity grade and you might as well only pay for things that can be seen. But everyone's threshold for a stone being mind clean is different. The 2nd option will be beautiful and maybe that is just the right one for you.

Just my $0.02

kirkland

Rough_Rock
Yea I did but it's being crafted so they don't have any photos at all, only the report. Also it won't be ready till October and I need something before that.

Last edited:

kirkland

Rough_Rock
It sounds like mind cleanliness for clarity is a big thing for you. I can understand that, I'm similar. I know it is unnecessary to buy VVS but it's where I feel comfortable.

I feel like I am being irrational because it is most likely unnoticeable in real life and that inclusion can only be seen with an instrument that I will probably never have. Yet it is bothering me. I understand why everyone recommended the G VS2 because the colour is gonna be more noticeable.

Is the diamond selection process always this painful? I wish I didn't know a thing about diamonds and just went to a random shop at the mall. Unfortunately, my personality is to always do a lot of research in stuff I buy to get the most out of my money and here I am. This is way more stressful than work.:mrgreen:

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I feel like I am being irrational because it is most likely unnoticeable in real life and that inclusion can only be seen with an instrument that I will probably never have. Yet it is bothering me. I understand why everyone recommended the G VS2 because the colour is gonna be more noticeable.

Is the diamond selection process always this painful? I wish I didn't know a thing about diamonds and just went to a random shop at the mall. Unfortunately, my personality is to always do a lot of research in stuff I buy, especially for a big purchase.

I think you are heading in the right direction with the stones you are considering. You just need to decide which one is best for you. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the CBI or ACA stones.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, you’re planning to buy a diamond from one of the most respected vendors in the industry. If on your first or fifth anniversary you decide you need a diamond with better clarity or higher color you can swap it out easily. Either vendor will be a great choice and you can trust that which ever diamond you go with you’ve got an amazing performer! You’ve done the hard part so take a deep breath and let yourself enjoy the process a little now. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results