shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find cool, modern e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, so many pretty rings...thanks, everyone, for your suggestions!

AmandaFace, your sapphire ring is stunning! Something like that with a green sapphire could be beautiful (and more durable than a tsavorite).

omieluv, those WF settings are stunning! What a find (and a great price in platinum!)! Are you considering having a ring made like this?

Ninama, the rings you posted are beautiful & different. I''m not sure how my friend feels about yellow gold, but I''ll pass along these suggestions to her.

talen316, what interesting settings. They almost look industrial. Very cool!

surfgirl, the stuart more site has some amazing eye candy! Were you pleased with their service for your hubby''s w-band? How was their pricing?

Joolskie, thanks for sending the krikawa link. My friend actually likes Mokume rings, so this might be a great option! (Sadly, though, it might be a bit too pricey)

Well, now my friend mentioned that she is also concerned with her ring being eco-friendly. She''s been spending a lot of time on the greenkarat website & likes the idea of registering to have friends/family members send her old gold to be recycled (melted down) & made into her ring. I''m not sure if she''s dead set on going this route, but is considering it.

So, here are some ideas I had to make the ring eco-friendly:

* Buying an estate ring (re-using the entire ring) from Signed Pieces, Pearlman''s or other--any ideas? I don''t think she''d like ornate, antique styles, but perhaps an estate piece could work.

*Buying a "used" (antique) diamond & setting it into a new setting of her choice

*Getting a "cultured" diamond. I don''t know much about this, but maybe it''s an option nowadays. I don''t think she''d want a colored diamond, so she''d have to be able to find one in white.

*Getting a Canadian diamond or another new stone that is certified as "conflict free."

Any other ideas for a "green" e-ring?
21.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, we have been very pleased with the customer service from Stuart Moore. My husband''s band tends to get a matte patina over time since he never takes off his ring. So we can go into the SM boutique nearest us anytime, and they''ll re-polish the shiny part, and re-matte the matte part. We had it done once already and it looked like it was brand new. They can also do the opposite polishes if he wants to try a new look. They can polish the matte part and matte the polished part, and then re do it the way it originally was. They always have a skilled benchman on duty during business hours so it''s totally easy to have anything done. The reason he had it re polished was that he put a big ding in it and it was bothering him because it was a rough edge. Easy to fix! As for their prices, they''re up there! It''s not a cheap store. I spent ALOT on his band, but honestly, I didn''t mind since he got me such an amazing ering and wband, I wanted him to really love his ring too, and he does...

As for melting down old gold to make a new ring, I''ve been told in the past when I wanted to do this, that it''s not all that easy to do that. Seems like it would be but apparently old gold has differing amounts of elements in it and sometimes it''s not possible to melt and re cast old gold together. Something about being too porous as well maybe? I cant remember exactly but I''ve been told this several times.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take a look a evejewelry.com - I love their engagement rings - very creative and beautiful - they''ll make anything custom and work with all price ranges.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 193px">Date: 1/14/2008 3:48:22 PM
Author: BrightSpot
Ooh, so many pretty rings...thanks, everyone, for your suggestions!

omieluv, those WF settings are stunning! What a find (and a great price in platinum!)! Are you considering having a ring made like this?

Well, now my friend mentioned that she is also concerned with her ring being eco-friendly. She''s been spending a lot of time on the greenkarat website & likes the idea of registering to have friends/family members send her old gold to be recycled (melted down) & made into her ring. I''m not sure if she''s dead set on going this route, but is considering it.

*Getting a Canadian diamond or another new stone that is certified as ''conflict free.''

Any other ideas for a ''green'' e-ring?
21.gif

Yes, those settings from WF are very pretty indeed, but I am not sure if either of those settings are totally "me," however, I could not help but post them in your thread. As for an eco-friendly ring, you could definitely buy an estate ring from a reputable source. As for melting down old gold, not sure on that one. As far as getting a conflict free diamond, I know that WF ensures their diamonds are conflict free.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results