shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find cool, modern e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I swap my original set with my 5 stone depending on the mood I''m in and if I want more bling.

Po4Shiny.jpg

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Circe, the MaeVona rings are gorgeous!

mirre

Shiny_Rock
I was looking around on Google and saw this pic and thought of your thread. It may be a little more than what she wants but I thought it was unique and modern but also feminine. It''s also similar to some of the others posted but with a little extra.

Here''s the link to other views:
http://www.geraldonline.com/product/product_details.html?id=1535

And picture:

G01020192.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, such stunning rings! Thank you all for your finds! I''m starting to get RHR fever...

But, back to my friend. I ran these suggestions by her & she LOVES the ring by Knox Jewelers. Great find, ksourelle!

She was concerned that she couldn''t find the matching band on Knox''s site. Do you know if there is a matching band? Ksourelle, what did your frind go with as a wedding band?

I guess she could always have one custom made... Po, that''s what you wound up doing for yours, right? I''ve never seen your original band--so pretty. (I drool over your 5-stone all the time!)

My friend said she & her bf also prefer half bezel settings to full bezel settings.

Personally, I also love the Scholdt & Etienne Perret rings too, but I think she may be nervous that prices aren''t listed online. Littledebbie, I contacted Etienne when I was e-ring shopping as well & found his prices to be pretty reasonable.
Lucky you to wear a size 3!

Selike, I really like the Golden Gate ring too--it reminds me of the Etienne Perret rings.

Thanks for all of your fabulous suggestions! I think my friend is making progress.
1.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oops, I forgot to attach a pic of the ring my friend loves at Knox. Here it is. Any ideas for a wedding band to match?

ETA: does this qualify as a bezel setting, a tension setting or something else?

rt ring 2 knox.JPG

mirre

Shiny_Rock
Yay for progress!
36.gif
You''ll have to take her hand pics for her and post them for us to see once she gets it!
9.gif

mirre

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a wedding set that is similar to the ring you posted. It would give her an idea about how to do a wedding ring. The link has several other pictures of rings. They design custom wedding rings to fit erings. It tells all about it on the site.

http://www.hkjewellery.co.uk/details/web/type/ring/id/436

436_2.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
My all-time favorite modern e-ring is the Tiffany Etoile, but I love them all (all those posted!).

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
It''s a bezel setting, unlike the boone rings which are tension set. You can see the super-slim bezel goes all the way around, even where the "arms" don''t. As for a band, I wonder if you could wear a normal curved w-band with that design, it doesn''t seem unreasonable.

mirre

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure it will work with the last ring you posted but on the one from Boone''s I think the band that is listed with the pear sculpted ring also goes with the round sculpted ring.

http://www.boonerings.com/htmpages/sculptedpearcompanion.htm

they are both called sculpted rings and their bands are called companion bands.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey mirre,

I think that companion band would definitely work with the Boone''s ring I posted. I checked with Knox & they don''t have a stock piece to match the 2nd ring I posted, but could custom make one for around $700. So, all said & done, the Knox & Boone sets (e-ring setting & w-band) would be around the same price. I guess it depends if she prefers titanium/tension set or white gold/bezel set.

Do you guys think a .75-ish diamond would look nice in the e-rings?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2008 10:53:26 AM
Author: BrightSpot
Oops, I forgot to attach a pic of the ring my friend loves at Knox. Here it is. Any ideas for a wedding band to match?

I would call it a semi-bezel. If you look at the side pics it''s not technically held in place with tension.

As far as getting a band to match I think my friend is going to get a plain band and wear it on her opposite hand. She doesn''t want to take away from the symmetry or uniqueness of the e-ring. I think the custom idea would work too, she could get something made by knox that hugs one side of the e-ring.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2008 3:07:14 PM
Hey mirre,

I think that companion band would definitely work with the Boone''s ring I posted. I checked with Knox & they don''t have a stock piece to match the 2nd ring I posted, but could custom make one for around $700. So, all said & done, the Knox & Boone sets (e-ring setting & w-band) would be around the same price. I guess it depends if she prefers titanium/tension set or white gold/bezel set.

Do you guys think a .75-ish diamond would look nice in the e-rings?
I think a .75 would look great! My friend has something around a .67 and it looks fantastic and also looks much larger that it''s carat weight!!

mirre

Shiny_Rock
Here is another that I found that is similar

290_2.jpg

mirre

Shiny_Rock
The two together...

290_3.jpg

AmandaFace

Rough_Rock
how about a green sapphire? since shes active, it would be a better option durability wise than a tsav.

this is my set which i designed w/ my hubby and a local jeweler. i too wanted some "sturdy" a little modern and suitable to wear everyday since im rough on things.

manderring_1.jpg

manderring_3.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
thanks brightspot!
35.gif
glad you like my ering :)

i almost got this one. i was looking for an OEC to put in it. i didn''t think i''d like bezel or half bezel until i saw this. it is of course more delicate in person than this pic

sholdt design

halfbezel_20080110.JPG

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
side view

ETA : looking back now, i should have asked the jeweler about the fact that there is NO opening at the bottom of area that would let you clean the pavillion. not sure how that part gets cleaned unless they just mold the ring around and there is no leeway for stuff to get in the cracks.

halfbezel_20080110_side.JPG

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2008 10:53:26 AM

Since you like the setting from knox, I could not help but to post a similar custom setting that WhiteFlash has created for a customer recently. The last I heard, they were in the process of creating a wedding band. That was about 4 months ago, so it might be worth checking out. Also, they describe it as a half bezel design.

WFEmbrace.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Here is another custom design by WF, the wedding band is pictured with the setting...

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
oops...here it is

WFEmbrace3.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2008 10:38:34 AM
Author: mirre
I was looking around on Google and saw this pic and thought of your thread. It may be a little more than what she wants but I thought it was unique and modern but also feminine. It''s also similar to some of the others posted but with a little extra.

Here''s the link to other views:
http://www.geraldonline.com/product/product_details.html?id=1535

And picture:

That is soooo pretty!!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 10:16:54 AM
Author: omieluv
oops...here it is

WOW! I love that. It is amazing. Do you know the original poster? I would love to check it out!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 10:58:04 AM
Author: ang3199
WOW! I love that. It is amazing. Do you know the original poster? I would love to check it out!
Actually, Celina from WF e-mailed me this design after I asked her more about the Embrace setting. From what she told me, the pictured ring was designed to hold a 1ct center stone, it was made in platinum and the total cost was $2000 (as of 6/29/07). I am not sure whether the price of the setting included the wedding band though.

ETA: stats on the Embrace setting are as follows: .95ct diamond, platinum & $1280 (as of 11/06).

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 11:05:26 AM
Author: omieluv
Date: 1/11/2008 10:58:04 AM

Author: ang3199

Actually, Celina from WF e-mailed me this design after I asked her more about the Embrace setting. From what she told me, the pictured ring was designed to hold a 1ct center stone, it was made in platinum and the total cost was $2000 (as of 6/29/07). I am not sure whether the price of the setting included the wedding band though.

ETA: stats on the Embrace setting are as follows: .95ct diamond, platinum & $1280 (as of 11/06).

Thanks!
36.gif

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
"And now for something completely different..."

This is what I had the first time around and I adored it. Less traditional than contemporary platinum and diamond rings... 24 karat gold and diamonds. They're modern in their simplicity and purity, yet somewhat primitive. The gold can be hammered or more smooth - but it never has the mirror shime of 18K or platinum and obviously it *only* comes in yellow. Rich, warm, buttery yellow. As with tension sets, I think there's a diamond size limit for 24K and prongs are out of the question. I've seen ovals, marquises and emerald cut diamonds (wow) set in 24K.

Anyhow... here are a just a few 24K and diamond rings.

24Kanddiamonds.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a 3/4 ct oval in 22K gold (which holds it''s shape more that 24K)...

22koval2.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at Stuart Moore? He''s got a lot of German/Dutch designers with very contemporary designs. We got hubby''s wband there and they had really interesting settings, if you like modern.

http://www.stuartmoore.com/

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I really like some of the unique designs from Krikawa...

www.krikawa.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results