shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a secondhand Tiffany Etoile solitaire

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pricescopers!

I have my heart set on a Tiffany Etoile solitaire ring, around .30 carats, I VS2 would be fine, in platinum. And I wear a size 5.5. I called Tiffany yesterday and was told that they don't have any Etoile solitaires at all anywhere in their system, but they may be able to re-set a diamond into that setting for me. They'll get back to me next week. (I was also told they're retiring that style and the bezet solitaire, in case anyone is interested.)

In the meanwhile, I thought I would look around for a secondhand one from a reputable dealer online. I saw one on eBay that was a maybe, but it looked a little beat up around the semi-bezel and that worried me a little... (I know the metal could be polished, but I was scared the diamond may have been knocked too.) Nothing else I saw on eBay rocked my socks... Plus, I think I would rather buy from a jeweler if possible.

Anyway, since you all know EVERYTHING, I thought maybe you could help! :angel:

Budget is less than $3,000... And I definitely want the Tiffany brand. (I know, I know!)

Thanks in advance!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please help me find a secondhand Tiffany Etoile solitair

HI:

I checked my usual "haunts" and found one but it is almost 90 points. ERA gems had one, but it just sold.

I will keep my eye out for you!

cheers--Sharon

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Try Oak Gem and 1st Dibs they might have something.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mayk|1450542440|3963514 said:
Try Oak Gem and 1st Dibs they might have something.

Just going to say this MayK :appl: ---First Dibs has a few!

cheers--Sharon

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not sure what you/PSers think of eBay vendor diamonddr16 - personally I have had only good experiences with this vendor - he does have a Tiffany etoile in your price and your size but it has a yellow gold shank - and he has other Tiffany etoiles as well though not in your budget - http://stores.ebay.com/diamonddr16?_dmd=1&_nkw=etoile

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stacy

Shiny_Rock

Oh my goodness, you all are so awesome! I actually asked the seller some questions about the .32 carat that's on 1st dibs. That one would be perfect, but the seller didn't list the color/clarity of the diamond or the size of the ring. That one is a definite contender, as is the oakgem.com ring. I hope I hear back from the 1stdibs seller soon.

I am thinking that ring should be fairly easy to resize, as long as it's within a couple of sizes of a 5.5... I actually found one that would be perfect -- it's actually a 3-stone etoile and is right at the budget -- but it is an 8... Do you all think that could go down to a 5.5?

Thanks so much, canuk-gal, MayK, and Marymm. All of you have given me some awesome options. I'll be sure to post updates here as I have them... And if anyone finds any other cool Etoile options, please let me know!

I am really excited. :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stacy|1450563254|3963606 said:
Oh my goodness, you all are so awesome! I actually asked the seller some questions about the .32 carat that's on 1st dibs. That one would be perfect, but the seller didn't list the color/clarity of the diamond or the size of the ring. That one is a definite contender, as is the oakgem.com ring. I hope I hear back from the 1stdibs seller soon.

I am thinking that ring should be fairly easy to resize, as long as it's within a couple of sizes of a 5.5... I actually found one that would be perfect -- it's actually a 3-stone etoile and is right at the budget -- but it is an 8... Do you all think that could go down to a 5.5?

Thanks so much, canuk-gal, MayK, and Marymm. All of you have given me some awesome options. I'll be sure to post updates here as I have them... And if anyone finds any other cool Etoile options, please let me know!

I am really excited. :)[/quote

That is a large size jump, even for a solitaire; notwithstanding a three stone ring! Like making a whole new ring. Take your time, you'll find something!

cheers--Sharon

stacy

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the reality check, canuk-gal. I have a couple of options and have emailed the seller on 1stdibs. I feel pretty confident those are authentic. Something about the size 8 ring makes me a little nervous, so that and your reality check have been helpful! Thank you so much!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi :wavey:
So this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it's pretty close. I bought a baguette diamond band from this seller and was very happy.
Good luck on your search! :bigsmile:

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=120957848114&fromWatch=true

stacy

Shiny_Rock

I thought I would update this thread. I found several Tiffany Etoiles in my price range and actually talked with Tiffany. They have no Etoiles in their system right now, but will let people pick a diamond that's in another setting and have it reset into the Etoile. While that was a nice option, I just couldn't make myself pull the trigger.

So, I have decided to re-set a diamond I already have into a Sholdt semi-bezel. My current diamond is a .38 carat Brian Gavin Cushion that's an F VVS2. It's currently in a very classic 4-prong setting and I just want something bolder and semi-bezeled.

Here's a pic of the current ring:

bgd_38.jpg

And here's a side view of the Sholdt semi-bezel.

sholdt_0.jpg

I've been working with Kalee and she is going to get back in touch next week with an idea of what this setting would look like with such a small center stone. I am so excited! :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great choice to go with Sholdt - it's a gorgeous design. I have a similar semi-bezel setting from Adwar and someone actually posted a ring with a similar size stone to what you have in SMTB thread for my ring. If you want to check it out, it's on page 2 [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-idj-sparkler-2-32-i-si2-mrb.198393/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-idj-sparkler-2-32-i-si2-mrb.198393/page-2[/URL]

stacy

Shiny_Rock

baby monster|1453652999|3980696 said:
Great choice to go with Sholdt - it's a gorgeous design. I have a similar semi-bezel setting from Adwar and someone actually posted a ring with a similar size stone to what you have in SMTB thread for my ring. If you want to check it out, it's on page 2 [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-idj-sparkler-2-32-i-si2-mrb.198393/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-idj-sparkler-2-32-i-si2-mrb.198393/page-2[/URL]

Oh wow -- that Adwar version is a great option too! Thanks for sharing it! I actually love the set someone else posted on that thread with the smaller diamond and the yellow gold wedding band. I think I may really be a small stone girl too. :)

Thanks so much for sharing that, baby monster!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results