carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a birthday gift for my sister - $300 max

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello,

My sister's bday is coming up and I would like to get her a little piece, preferably under $300. She wears a simple platinum solitaire and dainty gold earrings most of the time.

I was thinking of getting her a little something like this. She, my mom and I get a kick out of wearing matching jewelry: :)

https://www.bluenile.com/petite-hea...old_69120?elem=img&track=product&vtype=sample

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ah. Well, you could also get her some white pearl stud earrings, if she doesn't have those already. Just as another idea...

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Her birth "stone" is pearl so she has the pearl classics already. Hm. I'll keep looking.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ah. I was trying to think of "classics" that (I think) would appeal to a lot of people, especially if you and your mother might want to get the same item. Personally, I wouldn't wear hearts, just a personal preference but you know your sister best. Another "classic" is CZ stud earrings set in 14k gold, if you/she is okay with CZs. Keep us posted!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Without knowing her, my guess is she really likes the earrings because wearing them frequently is much more than what's needed to show the giver their gift was appreciated.

Jewelry is so personal though, and $300 is beyond a token gift. If it was me, I'd probably stick with the classics (if you think she'd like them) or maybe a jewelry gift certificate. (Blue Nile offers gift certificates).

But of course, I don't know your sister and you do. I do think both of those rings are adorable.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I gave her an online gift card years ago and it's still sitting there to the point where I have been tempted to use it on myself. :lol:

Jewelry is indeed so personal! I like the diamond and emerald ring myself but think I'll continue the search. Will let you know what I decide - thank you for bouncing ideas with me. :)

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
What a nice idea! If you’d like brand, Tiffany silver pieces are iconic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results