shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a beautiful piece of jewelry to purchase...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a left field suggestion, but if you’re not sure what you want for jewellery how about some non-wearable bling? Something along the lines of this Cartier carriage clock would be decorative, might scratch your bling itch and would be very easy on the eye. And given the amount of time we’re all spending at home at the moment, you’d probably get to enjoy it almost as much as a wearable piece!

51870ED0-40B6-45E7-B340-C5B3A431969B.jpeg

Thank you! Amazing idea. That opens up so many possibilities. :think: :)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Love all your thoughts. When the pandemic is over how about you come over and help me in person :appl:
Cause at this rate I’ve no clue what to get but all these ideas are scrumptious ❤

Ok yes!! I'd love to come over, try on Bubbalah and your black opal:lol: while we design and find your new ring!:appl::kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also thinking a throwback wedding set for you, if that is of any interest.

Details please. Not sure what this means. Like old fashioned married wedding rings?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
L

lydial

Not sure if you like butterflies but these are so fun!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Details please. Not sure what this means. Like old fashioned married wedding rings?

Ok I'm thinking something that matches, fishtail. I think @KristyDarling has a beautiful set and @YadaYadaYada and maybe @junebug17 might have something. But I'm thinking something retro, feminine to go with your gorgeous dresses! Gotta run today but I'll look up some things probably tomorrow.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's nothing sexy about my suggestion, but here's what I'd do if I were you....

Take a bunch of your budget to Erika Winters and get her to make Bubbulah the standard of setting we all know you've always wanted.

Then pair it with a petite Norah OEC eternity.

(No photos, I know. Lame, righ? Sorry @missy!)

This!!! Or—an emerald cut diamond eternity band!!

Last edited:
I saw the most gorgeous stone on Parks’ Instagram:

And it just got me thinking, how utterly COOL would it look in a flower cluster ring, if the outer layer or two of “petals” were coloured stones (eg blue)? And it would be something really different, too!

Otherwise my vote would either be an enormous eternity ring, or a large coloured stone (maybe a luscious emerald) in a marquis halo.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This!!! Or—an emerald cut diamond eternity band!!
I set my loose OEC in an Erika Winters Laurel setting about 2 months ago (second hand from another lovely PSer) I cannot recommend her settings highly enough. The setting is both sturdy light and delicate. I don’t have arthritis in my fingers, but do suffer from swelling from time to time. If my fingers do swell, this ring is still comfortable on my finger.
46708523-DB80-4474-AAE8-ECCF7FDF0FE6.jpeg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I have the same sort of taste and habits. I end up wearing mostly rings and a dangle. I too thought that I want big OEC studs but then I never wear studs. I end up going for a dangle. I rarely wear a necklace and never a bracelet. I like big rings, sort of over the top big. Except for my blue diamond three stone that is not very big and I wear on my left hand, I usually wear a very large antique cluster on my right hand. Usually like 5 carats plus whatever the gems.

So I vote something antique, something big, perhaps a gorgeous sapphire cluster ring? The problem is I cannot suggest the one I have on hold for myself.:)))

Can we see the blue diamond three stone @Sunstorm??

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I would start with considering what you already have, which I believe includes a couple of rings with blue gems? So maybe go for something on the other side of the color wheel. Like a big, vivid yellow or pink sapphire ring. :)

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go to Lang. Select your favorite stone. Reverse-sort by price. Scroll down to $20K (ish). Enjoy.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I set my loose OEC in an Erika Winters Laurel setting about 2 months ago (second hand from another lovely PSer) I cannot recommend her settings highly enough. The setting is both sturdy light and delicate. I don’t have arthritis in my fingers, but do suffer from swelling from time to time. If my fingers do swell, this ring is still comfortable on my finger.

Don’t want to thread jack but any chance you plan to make a SMTB post? I’d love to see this!

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
How far out of budget is the 7 carat Jogani dream piece you linked? As in, is it "only if I win the lottery" out of budget or potentially achievable?

If the latter, I'd actually get nothing now and save towards it. But that's just me :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's nothing sexy about my suggestion, but here's what I'd do if I were you....

Take a bunch of your budget to Erika Winters and get her to make Bubbulah the standard of setting we all know you've always wanted.

Then pair it with a petite Norah OEC eternity.

(No photos, I know. Lame, righ? Sorry @missy!)

Haha that's sexy. Sexy and practical too but I still don't know her forever setting and thanks in part to you I LOVE her current setting. For now. Thank you dear @mrs-b :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How far out of budget is the 7 carat Jogani dream piece you linked? As in, is it "only if I win the lottery" out of budget or potentially achievable?

If the latter, I'd actually get nothing now and save towards it. But that's just me :)

It's 240K just for the stone so pretty far out. Otherwise 100% I am with you on that. I believe in just one or a few beautiful big pieces. I don't need lots of little things unless they are earrings because I adore all my earrings so that works. But yes I totally agree that would have been my strategy too! Thanks for chiming in with your thoughts. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you wear a watch? How about a big, blingy watch?

Great suggestion. I have a few beautiful watches but haven't worn any since 2014. I know (think) one day I will get back to wearing them but for now I like my wrists (and neck) bare. Thank you @Catmom!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go to Lang. Select your favorite stone. Reverse-sort by price. Scroll down to $20K (ish). Enjoy.

Haha did that but great minds think alike. And I will have to go back and do that again. Thank you. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would start with considering what you already have, which I believe includes a couple of rings with blue gems? So maybe go for something on the other side of the color wheel. Like a big, vivid yellow or pink sapphire ring. :)

Great suggestion, thank you @seaurchin. I love blue but do not have a blue sapphire ring and some of the lovely PSers have shared some amazing sapphires here so will have to go through all the suggestions.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really fab birthstone ring?

Peridot is my birthstone and while I like it I am not sure about wearing it in a ring. But definitely something to consider, thank you!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
A couple considerations:
Bigish ruby ring:
RubyEngraved.jpg
A set of custom bangles like Mrs B's
A set of plain and/or diamond hoops with detachable drops in a range of colors.
DetachableDrops.jpg PearlDrops.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful and yes please may we see more photos of your EW rings? :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the most gorgeous stone on Parks’ Instagram:

And it just got me thinking, how utterly COOL would it look in a flower cluster ring, if the outer layer or two of “petals” were coloured stones (eg blue)? And it would be something really different, too!

Otherwise my vote would either be an enormous eternity ring, or a large coloured stone (maybe a luscious emerald) in a marquis halo.

All these suggestions are divine. And now all I can think is marquise halo. Swoon! TY!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results