shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide! which of these two Rolexes do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
okay i''m gonna get it this weekend!! most likely i''ll get the silver. will keep you guys posted and will post handshots!! so excited...

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 6:29:16 AM
Author: Kissmark
okay i''m gonna get it this weekend!! most likely i''ll get the silver. will keep you guys posted and will post handshots!! so excited...

Let me know where you get it and how much for. I''ll probably be buying the same one for my FI.... Make sure you get an M serial number with the serial etched into the inner bezel...

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Comparison pic of the white and silver:

White bezel

sna-wbezel-3-27-08.jpg

Silver bezel:
sna-rollie-silver-dia.jpg

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 8:34:14 AM
Author: sna77

Date: 4/2/2008 6:29:16 AM
okay i'm gonna get it this weekend!! most likely i'll get the silver. will keep you guys posted and will post handshots!! so excited...

Let me know where you get it and how much for. I'll probably be buying the same one for my FI.... Make sure you get an M serial number with the serial etched into the inner bezel...
sna77 thank you very much for the pictures! can you please tell me what's the difference between M serial number and the others? and when you say with the serial etched into the inner bezel, where do you mean exactly? good thing you posted this before I got it because I have no idea!

by the way, I actually live in tokyo now so i'll get it at the local store here. the cheapest one that i've found is 5,300 after tax but it doesn't accept credit card. the cheapest store which also accepts credit card sells for 5,600 after tax. can you get it cheaper in the US? by the way which color dial do you plan to get?

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
M serial number is the newest. Z serial number is last years. Either is OK. I''d be wary of anything older. Both will have the new hidden clasp bracelt.

The USA MSRP on this watch is $6795. Ugh

So if you can find a new one for $5k, thats a huge discount. The cheapest I''ve seen them is $6k from a non-AD. For $700, its not worth buying from a non-AD.

For $2k, it probably is....

Oh, I''ll go with the silver if I do it...

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a better picture... Apparently some Z serial numbers have the etched bezel, and all M seria numbers do. This watch was redesigned in 2006, so really anything after that is OK, but personally, i made findign the etched bezel a priority...

rolex-date-serial-location.jpg

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
better picture of the etched bezel... all the new Rolex''s have them I believe...

better-etched-bezel-rollie.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sna77, did I tell you somewhere that Pearlman''s is an AD and each year they have a gift card sale of 15% off in Dec. and then you can use it to buy anything in their store? That would make me get a pendant for the wedding gift and save that watch for either the holidays or your first anniversary. I just hate paying MSRP for anything if I can avoid it! (But I did do it for my little Legacy band since I had no alternative!)

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 10:48:50 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
sna77, did I tell you somewhere that Pearlman''s is an AD and each year they have a gift card sale of 15% off in Dec. and then you can use it to buy anything in their store? That would make me get a pendant for the wedding gift and save that watch for either the holidays or your first anniversary. I just hate paying MSRP for anything if I can avoid it! (But I did do it for my little Legacy band since I had no alternative!)

no, you did not. =) how does the sale work??

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
sna77 thanks very much for the pictures! i finally got what you meant by etched bezel hehe

good luck with searching on your end. perhaps you can start a new thread in this forum or rocky talky and see if anyone has any suggestions?

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 3:00:09 AM
sna77 thanks very much for the pictures! i finally got what you meant by etched bezel hehe

good luck with searching on your end. perhaps you can start a new thread in this forum or rocky talky and see if anyone has any suggestions?

shall do when the time gets closer... and make sure to keep us updted on what you do!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2008 11:06:45 PM

They usually begin the sale the day after Thanksgiving. So you can buy a $6000 (or any amount) gift card for 15% off. Then you can use it for whatever you wish!. This is the only way I would buy a Rolex if I ever do! If you need one before then, I suppose it would not hurt to call and ask if they might have a gift card sale sooner since you are interested in buying a Rolex, but only with a gift card.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 7:25:40 PM

Date: 4/2/2008 11:06:45 PM

They usually begin the sale the day after Thanksgiving. So you can buy a $6000 (or any amount) gift card for 15% off. Then you can use it for whatever you wish!. This is the only way I would buy a Rolex if I ever do! If you need one before then, I suppose it would not hurt to call and ask if they might have a gift card sale sooner since you are interested in buying a Rolex, but only with a gift card.

thats incredible. I will be doing this for sure! thats a huge discount!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
everyone i got the watch today! ended up with the silver dial, and made sure it''s the etched bezel with M serial number as sn77 advised. total i paid about $5,700. it looks absolutely gorgous! i will post some pictures soon. thank you all very much for the help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
Can''t wait to see pictures! Wish we could get that kind of price over here!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone I got my watch about 2 weeks ago. Hope the pictures will show up. I absolutely love it! I think it goes well w/ my wedding jewelry as well :)

watchro.jpg

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
not sure how to do multiple pictures in 1 post, here is another

watch with ring.jpg

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Where did you end up getting it? I need to pull the trigger on this too. =)

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Hi I got it at a watch store here in Japan. I paid 5,700 USD (using current exchange rate) including tax. I dont know if it''s considered an AD, but I know the watch is covered under the 2 year warranty.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 9:26:10 AM
Hi I got it at a watch store here in Japan. I paid 5,700 USD (using current exchange rate) including tax. I dont know if it''s considered an AD, but I know the watch is covered under the 2 year warranty.

rats, Japan... I''d grab that in a second at that price... Yours isn''t an AD if it was discounted... the warranty is through who you bought it from, not Rolex...

BTW, did they give you a blank warranty card from Rolex or was it already filled in?

Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results