shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide! which of these two Rolexes do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Okay they are almost the same except one is with silver dial and one has white. I tried on both of them at the store but can''t decide. Would really appreciate your input, esepcially if you''ve seen them in person or own one. Thanks!

Silver
http://www.amazon.com/Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-Datejust-179174-SDJ/dp/B00110ZVKM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1206056188&sr=1-9

White
http://www.amazon.com/Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-Datejust-179174-WDJ/dp/B001113D10/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1206056188&sr=1-24

although to be honest i really want this one! but it''s more expensive and i dont think it''s worth the extra money
http://www.amazon.com/Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-Datejust-179174-MDJ/dp/B000ZHNTZG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1206056188&sr=1-2

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I like the pink one too!!! Did you look other places for it already?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am partial to the pink one myself :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The white one is very plain IMO. The silver one looks really cool.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
kissmark, that pink dial is more of a copper color IRL. I''ve found that the way Rolex machines their dials, some of the colors are more difficult for me to read the actual time. For example, I find the dark blue and the silver more difficult to read the time than the white face. I''ve got a Rolex and a JLC and the Rolex is a white face and easier to read. The JLC has a silver face, but the dial is quite a bit larger than the ladies Rolex so it''s readable. If you''re looking at a Ladies'' Rolex, I''d say, go with whatever''s easier for you to read.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Love the pink! Next fave is the silver dial.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the first pinkish type one you posted in your first post and second runner up is the silver.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 8:51:59 PM
Author: Kissmark
Thanks for all the feedbacks so far. Sparkles22, what do you mean other places? i just went to the Rolex shops around my area.

Here is also one more option in, they call it ''pink'' but really it''s more of a coral color
http://www.amazon.com/Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-Datejust-179174-PDJ/dp/B001111JGG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1206056188&sr=1-8
I meant online, checking other vendors. I haven''t researched rolexs myself, but sometimes if you know what you want you can get it from an online vendor (or e-bay
emotion-16.gif
). I have a fossil watch and I went for the white/silver face over the pink or blue because I found it easier to read. I don''t know if some colors are easier to read with the Rolex, but that may be something to consider.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks very much for all the responses. I just discussed with my husband and we both agreed that the one with the mother of pearl dial is more than we are willing to spend on a watch
7.gif
So it''s down to the white or the grey dial. So far there are more votes for the grey one....

Spakles thanks for the suggestion I will look at more online stores in the meantime.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love MOP the most, but I''d probably go with white over silver. I have a watch with a silver dial now and I can''t see the hands well at times.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and where are you planning to buy the watch? I wouldn''t buy from that source because the discount is too small to go with an unauthorized dealer. I''d check with Pearlman''s. Ask for the PriceScope price.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have the silver face one you''re looking at, and I love it. So, obviously that gets my vote. I also think it''s too much money for the mother of peal face.

sputat

Rough_Rock
Mine has the white MOP dial (but mens size) so that would be my vote but I think I prefer the silver over the white.

Good luck deciding!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2008 2:36:19 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Oh, and where are you planning to buy the watch? I wouldn''t buy from that source because the discount is too small to go with an unauthorized dealer. I''d check with Pearlman''s. Ask for the PriceScope price.
Hi Diamondseeker can you tell me which store is Pearlman''s? They give discounts for PS users? Thanks

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
www.pearlmansjewelers.com

Good luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know they give PS discounts on some things. Every year around Christmas, they have been offerring 15% off gift cards which can be used to purchase anything there. So if I ever wanted a Rolex, I would buy in December, assuming they continue the sale on gift cards. That way they are not technically discounting the watch since Rolex can''t be discounted. I''d call and ask about what you are wanting.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2008 10:24:15 AM
I know they give PS discounts on some things. Every year around Christmas, they have been offerring 15% off gift cards which can be used to purchase anything there. So if I ever wanted a Rolex, I would buy in December, assuming they continue the sale on gift cards. That way they are not technically discounting the watch since Rolex can''t be discounted. I''d call and ask about what you are wanting.
HI:

They are dealers for Rolex? Have I missed that on their site? Learn sumpin new everyday!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2008 10:40:36 AM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

They are dealers for Rolex? Have I missed that on their site? Learn sumpin new everyday!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon
Yes, Rolex is the only watch they sell, I believe. Or at least the only luxury brand. I am watch shopping, too, and am also considering Ebel, Tag, and Baume and Mercier. I can get so much more on the last three than Rolex that I am having trouble justifying paying for Rolex. But if I did, I''d get it from Pearlman''s in Dec. unless they have a special price now.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2008 11:05:46 AM

Date: 3/24/2008 10:40:36 AM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

1.gif

cheers--Sharon
Yes, Rolex is the only watch they sell, I believe. Or at least the only luxury brand. I am watch shopping, too, and am also considering Ebel, Tag, and Baume and Mercier. I can get so much more on the last three than Rolex that I am having trouble justifying paying for Rolex. But if I did, I''d get it from Pearlman''s in Dec. unless they have a special price now.
HI:

Thanks for the info. I love the Cellini Collection and Signed Pieces has two watches right now. They have their 20% Spring Cleaning sale on now which makes purchasing, more "attractive".

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the silver dial.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 12:50:19 PM
Author: coda72
I have the silver face one you''re looking at, and I love it. So, obviously that gets my vote. I also think it''s too much money for the mother of peal face.
Coda, did you ever consider another color when you were deciding to buy? I''m afraid the silver might look kind of too metal-ish, consider the band will be stainless steel, and if the dial is also silver, it''d look like too much metal or something. Thanks!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 9:28:24 AM
Author: Miscka
www.pearlmansjewelers.com

Good luck!
THanks Miscka and Diamondseeker!

The Mole

Rough_Rock
I like the Rhodium dial the best personally.

That said I would definately not buy a Rolex from Amazon at those prices. Keep in mind that if you buy a Rolex on the internet it is USED. This is not a bad thing, however with the prices in the links that you posted, you can get a better discount brand new in a store who is an authorized dealer.

If you are buying that watch used on the net, you should be looking to get 20-30% of retail NEVER WORN.

Hope this helps...
1.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have to admit, I fell in love with the silver face as soon as I saw it on the Rolex website, and I never considered another color other than the blue face. I decided against the blue face because I wanted something more neutral, but I never tried on the white face. I saw it in the store, but I am not a big fan of white faces on watches, but that''s just a personal thing. I don''t think it looks too metallic because it''s more of a matte silver face rather than a shiny face. Plus it''s a lighter silver than the band, so I don''t think it blends together.

I''m not sure which way you''re leaning, but go with the one that you like the best. Getting opinions is fine, but you''re going to be the one wearing it.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The Mole, I like your avatar.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I may be chiming in too late, but I have the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust (I have the men''s size, though) with the white face and I LOVE it. Mine has no diamonds on the dial, though. For some reason the white face is so distinctively Rolex to me, if you know what I mean. I can''t wait to hear what you get!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
The white looks like it would be easier to read..

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2008 2:36:19 PM

Whoooooooooooa Pearlmans has a PS discount on Rolexes!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results