shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide between these three round diamonds

Postrgrl

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking on this forum for awhile now and have seen some excellent advice as well as learned alot myself!
I was hoping to get some advice on which one to go with:

Diamond 1

0.90 Carat J-VS1 Excellent Cut Round Diamond
crown angle 35
pavilion angle 40.6
idealscope:
diamond1_27.jpg
===============================
Diamond 2

0.90 Carat J-VS1 Excellent Cut Round Diamond
crown angle 35
pavilion angle 40.8
idealscope:
diamond2_19.jpg
================================
Diamond 3

0.91 Carat J-VS2 Excellent Cut Round Diamond
crown angle: 35
pavilion angle 41
idealscope:
diamond3_5.jpg

Diamond 3 has a faint florescence so it is actually the whitest. But in my opinion has the worst idealscope. I like diamond 1's idealscope but it seems like its symmetry is not quite right. particularly in the center. Am I wrong? Is this something to worry about? Should I just go with Diamond 1 since it has the best idealscope?

Thanks so much for your input!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond #1 has the most complimentary angles and the IS proves it. The symmetry you're noticing may very well be due to the way the photograph was shot. It's hard to get things lined up 100% ::) . If it has an "excellent" or "ideal" symmetry on the GIA/AGS report, you have nothing to worry about. I'd go for #1!!

Postrgrl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your advice. I forgot to mention they are all GIA triple x. So my only concern is that diamond three is supposedly the whitest although they all are face up white. I do want the whitest j I can get, but am not sure it would make much of a diff here since IS on diamond one is so good. Thoughts? It's such a big purchase and I have never actually seen a j in person but have seen lots of pics that I would never even have guessed were j's

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would still choose #1, but that's me. Faint fluorescence is going to have negligible affects on the color. It very well may be that #3 is a "high J" as in it's closer to a low I, but I still prefer the 1st diamond. You really need to see it with your own eyes to be able to tell how much the color may or may not bother you. And I would gamble on #1 and take a look at that one first. Exciting, let us know what you choose and post pictures if you get a chance!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd go for #1 too.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 for #1 :))

Postrgrl

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your advice! I will go with the unanimous decision! I will be sure to come back and post pics once I have the ring

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent stuff, will look forward to the pics! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results