Votes: 42 73.7%

• Total voters

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi

My simple theory is

Say your engagement RING is 2ct
Your Soliter PENDANT should be smaller size then engagement RING (0.90 - 1.00ct)
Your EARRINGS should be smaller then PENDANT stone size (0.50 - 0.70)

It cant be this way all the time but .. it works most of the time

I would go for a 1.70ct reasons are it looks bit close to 2ct look ...and doesnt look too big and doesnt look too small like 1.50ct ..

This always makes me sad when people quote this. What a farce.
My engagement ring is 0.47 carats. By this logic I should have what, a 0.25 - 0.33ct pendant and 0.15 - 0.20ct earrings. It's not like we all upgrade our engagement rings. And some of us even mostly wear a plain band rather than engagement ring!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 ct per each ear gets my vote! That's what I hope to have some day and it looks really good on you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This always makes me sad when people quote this. What a farce.
My engagement ring is 0.47 carats. By this logic I should have what, a 0.25 - 0.33ct pendant and 0.15 - 0.20ct earrings. It's not like we all upgrade our engagement rings. And some of us even mostly wear a plain band rather than engagement ring!

I agree with you @Rhea there is no formula...it is what works for you. I don't follow any jewelry rules. I wear what I love and so should everyone else.

norules.gif

MagpieMama

Rough_Rock
I agree with you @Rhea there is no formula...it is what works for you. I don't follow any jewelry rules. I wear what I love and so should everyone else.

norules.gif

I think what looks “right” is different for everyone.
One of the reasons I have no interest in upgrading my 1 ctw studs is that I wear them with a .5 ct bezel pendant that was made from my great grandmother's engagement ring. It’s very sentimental, so I wear it almost daily, and I like the “balance” of all 3 stones looking about the same size.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear what feels good and right to you. :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 1.4 ctw with not much earlobe real estate and DSS set in pretty quickly. For you, I say go 2 carats and don’t look back.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t see the difference between 1.5 and 1.7. 2 ct makes an impact especially if you already have a pair of 1 tcw.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Visually- the 2ct each looks amazing on your ear lobes.

I would consider them as a daily wear, if I were to get them. It’s too $$$ to sit in drawer and only for occasional wear.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
As Missy said Diamond shrinkage is real
get the big ones !

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Two carats each. Just got mine last Saturday from Alex Park and they've shrunk already. The two carat stud does look perfect on you.

Nessynessy

Rough_Rock
Another vote for 2 ct each ear. I wish I could have gotten that when I upgraded; I have 1.5 in each ear and still have plenty of room. The 2 ct in each ear doesn't look too big at all. Better go for it now than buy a smaller size and have to resell etc. when you will want the 2ct each (which I predict you will). :lol: I am also curious about the diameter.

the 2 ct was 8.02x8.07x5.01 mm and triple ex.
Oh I am still choosing the size, Loving the 2 ct each but afraid it is a little too much in real life when it sparkles. I now asked the jeweller to look for something 1.8 each, the price is much better ))) but for the size, I hope it will not look much smaller than 2 ct

Nessynessy

Rough_Rock
Two carats each. Just got mine last Saturday from Alex Park and they've shrunk already. The two carat stud does look perfect on you.

they must look stunning!!! could you kindly share a photo?)))

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't been able to take a non-blurry photo from my iPhone yet by myself. Left phone at work, too. Tomorrow I will post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results