Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 1.7 ct each

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 2.0 ct each

Votes: 42 73.7%

• Total voters

Nessynessy

Rough_Rock
E74AC2DA-726C-457B-80EF-CDBC362A67E7.jpeg Dear Ladies, I hope you will be able to help me with my dilemma.

I have a 1ctw diamond studs that I wear daily and I intend to keep it.

Recently I have been on a hunt for a bigger pair, that would suit both for everyday and more dressy looks.

I tried 1.5 ct per ear and i think, with my earlobes, It didn’t have the impact I wanted.
2 ct per ear were stunning but at first felt like a bit too flashy (after my 0.5 each studs) , though looking at the pictures again and again I could get used to the size, but still afraid it is too big and I won’t be able to wear them daily? Or will I regret later if I don’t go for this size?

I also tried 1.7ct per ear , do you see much difference from 1.5? E74AC2DA-726C-457B-80EF-CDBC362A67E7.jpeg 159A9C07-3BE7-483E-BC0F-B09EDA3BF77D.jpeg

I would appreciate all your opinions :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 carats because DSS is real and also because you initially felt the 1.5cts were too small and you loved the 2 ct studs but were worried they are too flashy. Over time it will become much less "flashy" and more the perfect size.

The 1.75 studs look similar in size to the 1.5 studs but it depends on diameter and not carat weight.

The 2 carat studs look amazing on your ears! Just the right size with lobe all around the earring so not too big IMO.

So that is the reason for my vote. 2 carats all the way. :appl:

OECfan

Rough_Rock
Definitely the 2ct on you...I also have large ear lobes and feel you on this one. the 1.5ct and 1.7ct look good, but not much different from each other. They don't compare to how good the 2ct look on you, though!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely 2ct!!!! At first it might looks flashy but it won’t overtime, I think :) it looks good on you!

My vote is for 2ct as well. Also, I don't really notice a size diff between the 1.7 and 1.5. So between the two, I'd go with the 1.5 to save some $. But the 2ct definitely has a much more noticeable presence. I say if you're looking for something dressier, go with the 2ct!

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
2 carats is my vote too. Terrific proportion for your ears.

MagpieMama

Rough_Rock
I would go with the 2ct each for 3 reasons:
1) others have mentioned DSS is VERY real, and the 2ct stones look well proportioned on your ears

2) You have and are keeping a 1ctw pair for your everyday/casual look. If you’re going to have a second pair of studs the difference should be significant

3) Do you have children or nieces/nephews/godchildren you are especially close to? Two 2 ct stones would be lovely and meaningful to one day hand down to use for engagement rings

Nessynessy

Rough_Rock
Thank you girls for your answers! You are really convincing me that I can wear 2 ct per ear! Do you think that it is appropriate for daily semi casual looks?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love both the 1.5 AND the 2 on you. Oddly the 1.7 look a bit middle of the road for me? I am not sure I can explain it.. I say go for the 2 if you can but the 1.5 looks great too if you wanted to start there first. I think both are wearable as in everyday at all times!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
If you live in a safe neighborhood I think its not a problem at all. I love studs because it looks appropriate in any occasion.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely 2 cts. - they look beautiful on you!

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
Last year I went from just over .5 ct on each ear to just over 2.0 ct on each ear and the bigger pair felt flashy at first so I only wore them when I "dressed up". It really didn't take long before I began wearing them much more frequently and with everything! The 2 ct looks amazing on you and I don't think you'll regret going bigger...but you might regret going smaller.

Nessynessy

Rough_Rock
Last year I went from just over .5 ct on each ear to just over 2.0 ct on each ear and the bigger pair felt flashy at first so I only wore them when I "dressed up". It really didn't take long before I began wearing them much more frequently and with everything! The 2 ct looks amazing on you and I don't think you'll regret going bigger...but you might regret going smaller.

Oh could you kindly share the photo of your studs

mihirksh

Rough_Rock
Hi

My simple theory is

Say your engagement RING is 2ct
Your Soliter PENDANT should be smaller size then engagement RING (0.90 - 1.00ct)
Your EARRINGS should be smaller then PENDANT stone size (0.50 - 0.70)

It cant be this way all the time but .. it works most of the time

I would go for a 1.70ct reasons are it looks bit close to 2ct look ...and doesnt look too big and doesnt look too small like 1.50ct ..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you girls for your answers! You are really convincing me that I can wear 2 ct per ear! Do you think that it is appropriate for daily semi casual looks?

100% yes. Completely appropriate for daily wear. I wear 4.5 ctw studs for daily wear so I am not just saying it...I live it. :)

Go for it. They look fabulous on you. :kiss2:

ETA: Here is a perspective shot for you.
Not too big IMO.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 6.07.20 AM.png

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I think the 2 ct. each look great on you. My mom wears that size most every day and they don't look or feel too flashy with casual wear. When she dresses up and adds other jewelry they look fabulous as well.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The 2ct studs look amazing on you! :love: I say go for it!

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
I really like the 1.5 ct on you personally. I like a certain amount of earlobe surrounding the earring if that makes sense. However my suggestion is to find a different pair with a diameter between the 1.5 and 2 that you tried on. I think that 1.7 looks small for its size and it isn't an upgrade from the 1.5 you tried. I'd search for a nice pair with a diameter between the 1.5 and 2. I personally think the 2 looks slightly overwhelming on your earlobe. But I have goldilocks syndrome so maybe don't listen to me lol!

Nessynessy

Rough_Rock
100% yes. Completely appropriate for daily wear. I wear 4.5 ctw studs for daily wear so I am not just saying it...I live it. :)

Go for it. They look fabulous on you. :kiss2:

ETA: Here is a perspective shot for you.
Not too big IMO.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 6.07.20 AM.png

Oh wow they look stunning!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
2 carat

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My DSS is sinking in I'm about to embark on 1.5 each but the 2.0 look amazing on you. I better not get DSS after I land my 1.5....my husband will leave me lol.

Yes the 2.0 look perfect on you.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
You can totally rock that 4 ct pair and it's actually my favorite on you.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Take the 4ctw if possible. More so also because you are keeping the smaller pair. If you feel the bigger ones are - for whatever reason- not appropriate to wear in a certain situation, you still have the other option.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for 2 cts! (4 ctw!) They look perfect on you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I ask the diameter of the 2 ct stones? They really do not look too big at all! Now I am kind of worried that the pair I have on order are going to be too small!!!

Nessynessy

Rough_Rock
May I ask the diameter of the 2 ct stones? They really do not look too big at all! Now I am kind of worried that the pair I have on order are going to be too small!!!

To be honest I do not remember the diameter, but all the stones were triple excellent, if that helps

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2 ct studs look wonderful on you! I think a diamond engagement ring and diamond studs can be worn with anything, very casual to very formal!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for 2 ct each ear. I wish I could have gotten that when I upgraded; I have 1.5 in each ear and still have plenty of room. The 2 ct in each ear doesn't look too big at all. Better go for it now than buy a smaller size and have to resell etc. when you will want the 2ct each (which I predict you will). :lol: I am also curious about the diameter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results