shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help! Just Received Diamond and

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
DOW emailed me last night these 3 EC''s. I don''t like any of them and I am going down in color as well by considering them. This gets me a little perturbed as now we are now not looking for what I asked but they are offering me what is found on "virtual warehouse" to chose. Maybe I am wrong in my thinking on this.

Mark emailed me last night and told me he would get me info first thing this morning, esp. on last EC I showed you from him with the thin girdle. I addressed my concern to him and he said we could review this today.

I went to look at the same EC this morning (last link I sent you yesterday re diamond for ERC, and it is no long there.

I will keep you posted.

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Spoke to Mark and he ruled out the 1.31 with the thin girdle..but did look at the previous 1.28ct and looks like I may go with this. I have asked him to email me a picture of the EC to post. We also discussed a platinum ring w/ baguettes which I am enclosing picture or the setting.
The EC specs are:

GIA
7.41 X. 5.08 X 3.50 MM
Wt - 1.28
Depth - 68.9
Table - 64
Girdle - Med to Slightly Thick
Culet - None
Polish & Symmetry - VG
Clarity - VS2
Color - G
Fluor - None

Mark feels this is a real nice EC and was extremely easy to talk with.
I will post the diamond as soon as recieved.

Plat with Baguettes.jpg

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Gypsy, how do you like the setting I posted that I am considering with Mark at ERD?....I have resolved that the round side stones do nothing for the EC and the baguette sides will only enhance the elegance of the emerald.

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Here is ERD EC from Mark....I posted specifics of diamond on prior post.

ERD diamond 1.28.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks nice, maybe

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
It does look nice and it seems to have good qualities as well. Any elaboration on the "maybe",lol?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That EC looks pretty. I guess the real test now is for you to see it in person and "trial" test it in various lighting. Since you are in NYC, can you make an appointment with Mark to see this EC? It looks like this one could be worth the trip.

JulieN,
I am also confused by your post which isn't helpful since it didn't explain anything to those who are new to Pricescope and emerald cut diamonds. Can you elaborate on "maybe"?

I like baguettes with ECs but that particular setting doesn't seem to flow. Maybe it is the chunky sides holding the 2 baguettes that breaks the smooth look.

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
I agree. Mark already sent me the GIA and I was concerned about the vs2 but he confidently stated that the diamond was really nice and had all the qualities I was looking for. We also talked about the setting and he explained how the original setting I bought, which was small round and baguettes were not enhancing the EC beauty and that the simple baguette side stones would make the EC jump out.

Also, DOW also must be commended as I emailed them with my intention of sending the ring back and they returned the email with a return authorization and an apology that I was not satisfied about the diamond ring. That should say lots about Diamondsonweb as a company.

How do you like the setting, Chrono?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 2:02:42 PM
Author: Chrono

I like baguettes with ECs but that particular setting doesn''t seem to flow. Maybe it is the chunky sides holding the 2 baguettes that breaks the smooth look.
I agree, that can be a beautiful, classic setting, but that one isn''t. I too think it''s how the baguettes are positioned/being held.

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Are you referring to the baguette setting above?...What is it the you don''t like about it?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's just hard to evaluate-stone is tilted, lighting is interesting. you can only compare pictures from one vendor at a time, and very few ERD pictures are posted, so there is really no point of reference.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 2:14:10 PM
Author: bizpro1
Are you referring to the baguette setting above?...What is it the you don''t like about it?
Yes. I''m not crazy about how the side stones meets, or rather doesn''t, with the center stone. I have this exact ring, but it''s much more dainty and flowing.

Let me see if I can find a pic on here (PS), I don''t have any of my ring.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Lovelylulu has an EC(more like a baguette though) set with baguettes.
IMG_0013_1.JPG

There should be as little a gap as possible between the center stone and the side baguettes creating a smoother look like the above picture.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not sure what you budget for the setting is but this sure looks gorgeous:
3a.jpg

6b.jpg

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Budget is getting tight right now since the new diamond selection is more than the original I had selected with DOW but it will still be platinum and elegant. And yes, I agree that the way my posting of the setting appeared is as appealling as if the sides where the baguettes meet where flush against the center stone.

I just emailed Mark regarding this and Im certain he will get back to me shortly. I will also try to get into the city (without my wife knowing Im going there) to see the actual diamond and the setting I will select.

All in all, I feel lots has been done, since I had a positive experience with DOW and now ERD is making me feel confident in my selection.

And of course, all of the help and input I am getting from this forum.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you''re on your way!

And Chrono has been a tremendous help.
16.gif

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Best part is I feel as if I actually was not at the mercy of the vendor...whether it be online or NYC diamond vendors. I did not ask, as I had when I first bought my wife her original teeny weeny diamond, "what have you got" or " I can only spend this much". I was able to explain what I was looking for and interested in know what they had to offer....all this learned in a very short time.

Everyone on here that has posted has been positive and helpful. Chrono has been outstanding.

btw, Mark just got back to me because I questioned the setting and the look of the baguette sides meeting the center stone. He assured me that he only sent me a "look" and that the center diamond will be much closer to the side diamonds.

It seems like a nice sized EC at 7.51 x 5.08 x 3.50 and with the excellent cut, excellent table and depth (just a tad more than ideal) Im hoping it will appear just as large and FIERY.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bizpro1,
It''s been a pleasure helping you. When are you going to see this gorgeous EC? Do see it before it gets set. Think up of excuses to go to town without your dear wife.
9.gif

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
I will try for Friday or Monday the latest.

Am I correct in my posting about the diamond''s measurements that this should appear as a nice size EC?

. I read somewhere "the smaller the table, the greater the fire"?

Is brilliance compromised at all ?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2007 4:09:00 PM
I will try for Friday or Monday the latest.

Am I correct in my posting about the diamond''s measurements that this should appear as a nice size EC?

. I read somewhere ''the smaller the table, the greater the fire''?

Is brilliance compromised at all ?
The measurements are acceptable for its carat weight. It is a bit smaller face up because of the greater depth (68%, right?). The smaller table should help in the "fire" department.
10.gif
. No, the brilliance isn''t compromised. In certain lighting, it will look more white, in others, there will be more coloured light.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Vatche has the prettiest setting with side baguettes to me. Here it is with a round center, but I think it can be ordered with a head for an EC. This ring belongs to asscherisme. You can see that it is more graceful than the one pictured above.

asscherisme1a.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
basically, a smaller table means that there is more of the crown at an angle that will allow white light to exit as fire.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS,
I really like that Vatche setting. The flow is fluid, the baguettes are just the right size and even the tapering shank adds a nice touch. I''m sure Vatche makes one for square stones.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and I''m not sure if Mark carries Vatche or not, but Good Old Gold does if he was interested. That is my favorite baguette setting!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you gotten a chance to see the stones yet?

You''ve put alot of work into this. I am so pleased to read that it''s for your wife. Your 1st diamond buying experience was like mine 16 odd years ago. What size and shape diamond did you end up with that time? You''re being very thoughtful. What anniversary is it?

Hope you love one of the stones.

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Im going to the city Monday morning to Mark''s office to see the stone. I had emailed him regarding the Vatche setting as well, but I believe he is out of the office. Im quite certain I will be purchasing this 1.28ct EC. My only concern of it was the it was VS2 but Mark has assured me that it is eye clean and quality.

Anniversary #?....too many to count, lol
Date: 2/22/2007 10:58:29 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Have you gotten a chance to see the stones yet?

You''ve put alot of work into this. I am so pleased to read that it''s for your wife. Your 1st diamond buying experience was like mine 16 odd years ago. What size and shape diamond did you end up with that time? You''re being very thoughtful. What anniversary is it?

Hope you love one of the stones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 12:06:07 PM
Gypsy, how do you like the setting I posted that I am considering with Mark at ERD?....I have resolved that the round side stones do nothing for the EC and the baguette sides will only enhance the elegance of the emerald.

I'm so glad you are looking at baguette settings. They will really enhance your beautiful EC. I have the same problem with that one as the others had, however I do love the Vatche setting you are inquiring about. Great choice. I think she is really going to love it.

Please update us after you go to ERD and let us know what you've decided. You're doing a great job.
36.gif

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Mark tells me the Vatche x prong may be a good choice for this diamond. I will check out the x prong against another setting with baguttes and see which one I believe she would like.

Seems like the xprong sits a little lower than other settings but it is a beautiful classy setting.

bizpro1

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 12:41:13 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 2/21/2007 12:06:07 PM

I''m so glad you are looking at baguette settings. They will really enhance your beautiful EC. I have the same problem with that one as the others had, however I do love the Vatche setting you are inquiring about. Great choice. I think she is really going to love it.

Please update us after you go to ERD and let us know what you''ve decided. You''re doing a great job.
36.gif
Here is a copy of the Vatche but with a Round instead of an EC.
Do you believe the Vatche with Baguettes is more elegant than say than others settings that are not Vatche. Or how shall I put this...ladies, why do you prefer Vatche?

vatche2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results