shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help find WG ER setting for princess cut

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
Hi all.

I was hoping some kind souls could potentially help me find a PS trusted, and economical vendor to buy an ER setting (in WG preferably for financial constraints) that is very similar to the below pictured ring. I am helping a family member who is on a budget, and his GF states that she likes this setting a lot. It is for a less than one carat princess. Since she seems to adore this setting, I was thinking it might be best to find the setting first, then source the stone. I cannot remember many of the economical setting vendors often used here, aside from James Allen, so any guidance here would be great. It would also be amazing if we could go the route of pre-owned, but I am doubtful of finding a setting and princess combo very close to this.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks in advance!

princess_engagement_ring__dan_.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1450715059|3964272 said:
You didnt say what the budget was...here is a very similar setting from Gabriel and Co that you can get from ID Jewelry. It is
listed as $1640 but I think ID Jewelry can do better. They can also help find a nice princess on a budget.
https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER4020W44JJ

http://idjewelry.com/

Wow. Thanks so much for your help tyty. That is PERFECT! Now I remember ID jewelry. He has not yet told me his budget, but I have a text in to him now. I will show this to him. Thanks!

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
Ok. Still no word from him on budget, but he does say it does not have to be identical to the pictured setting, just close. So preowned is an option, and a preferred one. He desires bang for his limited buck - I will get budget soon. If anyone knows of any preowned ERs matching this description that would be wonderful! Thank you!

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
Budget is $2,750 - $3,500. Thanks

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
I just found the below preowned WK Ritani wedding set. It is similar to what he is looking for. Though the specs on the stone are not great at all as far as cut goes (but color and clarity are at the sweet spot of K VS2). Specs on the center stone follow:

GIA cert.
.92 carat
Princess cut
Depth: 78.4
Table: 74
Girdle: thin to thick
Polish: very good
Symmetry: good

Any advice on this and the stone particularly would be great. Of course, we will have no benefit of an ASET/idealscope, etc. Thanks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems to be rather deep and have a rather large table. It could face up small for it's size. Do you have the mm measurements
for the stone?

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for your advice tyty!

5.28 x 5.13 x 4.02

a .92 GIA stone with a designer setting with accompaying wedding band for his budget I think would be ideal for him I also like the sweet carat weight (right below a carat).

I just emailed it to him. He said he likes it a lot

It is size 7 presently. She is a size six he believes. I imagine such a small resize could be done? Thanks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have this one too listed at $1340. I wonder if ID can do it for $1200 that would leave about $1700-$2300 for a stone.
https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER8803W44JJ
That would leave room for about a .75 H stone on the high end of his budget.

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1450721220|3964341 said:
They have this one too listed at $1340. I wonder if ID can do it for $1200 that would leave about $1700-$2300 for a stone.
https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER8803W44JJ
That would leave room for about a .75 H stone on the high end of his budget.

That is great. Thanks! I will show this to him.

How do you think the specs of the other stone face up? I think he likes the fact that it is Ritani and also comes with the wedding band. Has a bunch of melee RBs channel set on both sides of the center, and smaller RBs along the WB channel set, with milgraining.

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
It would be very nice to hear comments from more than one person if anyone is willing to help. I really appreciate and rely upon your amazing knowledge! Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results