shape
carat
color
clarity

please help critique this diamond

akulashark

Rough_Rock
My budget is $10000 (give or take a little) and hoping to get as close to a 2 Ct diamond as I can without compromising much. Overall this diamond looks not so bad on paper but has a crown angle of 36.5 with a pavilion angle of 40.6. The HCA score is right at 2. Although this is a a little over 2 Carats and sitting right at $11000 (without the setting) seems a great price for it but I want a second opinion. If its a bad diamond than I can go lower in carat weight for a better diamond. But if this diamond will perform well visually and not so much lesser than diamonds with lower crown angles then its a great buy at this price. Its a J SI1 2.26 Ct GIA x3 table 56 depth 62.8 faint florescence and med to slightly thick facet. Please help. Thanks in advance. PS If this is a domain that don't wont at all then its a no good even though its over 2 Ct.
IMG_1916.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My budget is $10000 (give or take a little) and hoping to get as close to a 2 Ct diamond as I can without compromising much. Overall this diamond looks not so bad on paper but has a crown angle of 36.5 with a pavilion angle of 40.6. The HCA score is right at 2. Although this is a a little over 2 Carats and sitting right at $11000 (without the setting) seems a great price for it but I want a second opinion. If its a bad diamond than I can go lower in carat weight for a better diamond. But if this diamond will perform well visually and not so much lesser than diamonds with lower crown angles then its a great buy at this price. Its a J SI1 2.26 Ct GIA x3 table 56 depth 62.8 faint florescence and med to slightly thick facet. Please help. Thanks in advance. PS If this is a domain that don't wont at all then its a no good even though its over 2 Ct.
IMG_1916.jpg
Tetering on a knife edge and so very reliant on GIA's huge rounding of crown and pavilion angle.
Many on here will tell you not to go over 62 or 62.3% etc depth.
Suggest dropping back to 2ct and maybe a bit more fluoro because that comes as a bonus - especially in colours below F.

akulashark

Rough_Rock
Tetering on a knife edge and so very reliant on GIA's huge rounding of crown and pavilion angle.
Many on here will tell you not to go over 62 or 62.3% etc depth.
Suggest dropping back to 2ct and maybe a bit more fluoro because that comes as a bonus - especially in colours below F.

Thanks ... what is your opinion on the high crown angle of 36.5 ?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look for stones that have Excellent on light return, fire, and scintillation, and very good on spread. I wouldn't buy a stone that faces up small.

akulashark

Rough_Rock
Look for stones that have Excellent on light return, fire, and scintillation, and very good on spread. I wouldn't buy a stone that faces up small.

What do think about diamonds that face up average or bigger? Should I only consider the ones that face up BIG on the HCA ? Also is an HCA of 2 or between 2 - 2.5 considered bad? Should I only look at diamonds with HCA of 2 or less or right at 2 or 2 - 2.5 is ok also?

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
for HCA score, you should look for less than 2.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results