shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help again.. Only have a couple hours

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
when it is done, bring the diamond over to him...show him and then say, hmmm.. i bet the internet has nice wedding bands, eternity rings, saphire rings, pearls, pendants, go on and on and on about all of the sales he will never get now. had he been nice, and honest, and just said. that sounds like a nice diamond, but i cannot beat their price as to the store, customer services i provide. etc. etc. then he could have earned FUTURE sales. people just don't understand the importance of that idea...

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Good job, Justine - I think your work is going to be well rewarded. Looks like a GEORGEOUS stone. Can't wait to see pics in the setting - and on your hand!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Justine, that is one beautiful radiant!!
1.gif

I am so happy that you followed the advice of the posters here - it appears that you are getting a lovely stone and terrific service from Whiteflash. Be sure to post pics once the ring's completed!

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Wow Justine, that's a beautiful stone

With forums like this.....you're never alone.

Glad you're experience turned out so great

The vendors in here, seem to be top rate!

Wear it in the best -- and I for one

Look forward to the pictures...

of the ring when it's done!!

wavey.gif
wavey.gif
wavey.gif

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the great replies. I feel so good about buying the diamond from whiteflash. I can't wait for it to get here. I am now starting to get an idea of the setting I want. So I will post pictures as soon as I get it all together. I really appreciate all of your help.

Sincerely, Justine

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
I have another question about getting the diamond appraised I wasn't sure if I should start another thread or just post my questions here. I just want to be correct so if anyone could let me know I would appreciate it.

Thank you, Justine
love.gif

DP

Rough_Rock
please carry on Justine, it gives people some background to the whole sorry B&M story (what an idiot!). All I would say though is leave it until mainland USA gets up in the morning or the thread might get buried.Can make things difficult when I post from the UK before work.
By the way, Whiteflash - top company. I bought a diamond from them and am extremely glad I did. Try not to faint when the stone arives...

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Aloha! Okay so I have a new question. I will be getting my diamond appriased on Monday and I was wondering if there were any specific information I should get done? Any help would be great. Thank you all so much.

Justine
twirl.gif
tongue.gif

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
appl.gif
I got my diamond from Whiteflash yesterday. My boyfriend and I could not wait to open the package. When we did I was so excited. I think it is so beautiful. I couldn't believe how much bigger it looked. I can not stop looking at it. I was also really relieved because it is really white, I thought because it was an I it would look kind of yellow but it doesn't. I was so nervous all day waiting to pick it up.

We took it directly to an appraiser. We were very excited because it appraised for twice what we paid.
appl.gif
They only thing is that the appraiser made me feel kind of upset because she was talking about how there is an inclusion right in the middle of the stone. I did not think it was that big of a deal because it is a VS2 so you can't even see the inclusion except for under the microscope. Do you really think that this makes that big of a difference?

Thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it.

Justine

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
----------------
she was talking about how there is an inclusion right in the middle of the stone. I did not think it was that big of a deal because it is a VS2 so you can't even see the inclusion except for under the microscope. Do you really think that this makes that big of a difference?
----------------

Congratulations on getting your stone!!! It sounds gorgeous. I wouldn't worry about the inclusion under the table. If you can't see it at all, it doesn't make a difference.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Congrats...if it's a VS2 then I wouldn't worry and if you can't see it then no one else could! Appraisers are trained to spot that type of thing.....and probably just wanted to give you full disclosure.

Post pictures!
1.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
Justine, make sure you get a replacement value appraisal, not retail. If the written appraisal says retail replacement value, call up your appraiser or go back to him/her, and get it changed to replacement value. You'll need that for insurance purposes.

If something should happen to your stone, and it's insured at the retail value, the insurance company could wind up disputing the amount that the piece is insured for. It also costs a lot more to insure something for retail value instead of replacement value.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I'm so happy for you! Don't worry about the VS 2 inclusion... I'm sure all your girdfriends will be green with envy!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Justine - mine is a VS2 with an inclusion under the table, but when it was set, the appraiser couldn't find it with the microscope. (My inclusion is a "cloud"). If you can't (and your appraiser couldn't) find it with a 10x loupe, forget about it! I can only imagine what you would have found in that other stone. Congratulations!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/14/2003 2:27:54 PM hawaii_justine wrote:

The only thing is that the appraiser made me feel kind of upset because she was talking about how there is an inclusion right in the middle of the stone. I did not think it was that big of a deal because it is a VS2 so you can't even see the inclusion except for under the microscope. Do you really think that this makes that big of a difference?
----------------

Not only does it not make a "big" difference.....if you cannot see it, it doesn't make ANY difference. DO NOT....I repeat DO NOT let this appraiser dampen your enthusiasm for such a great stone! If you cannot see the inclusion, it doesn't matter......period.

FYI....inclusions have their benefits, too....they help you to definitively identify your stone.

9.gif

Congrats on a smart and gorgeous purchase! Remember that we all CRAVE pictures around here, so post some when you can!

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the reassurance. I am completely happy with my diamond. I feel so happy to have found pricescope to learn from and get advice. I was very nervous of buying from over the internet but Bob at Whiteflash has made it such an incredible experience.

I have been stareing at it since I opened the package and it just looks more and more beautiful.

I am going to check my appaiseral to see what it says (replacement or retail). Is it a common practice for them to put the retail value? What is the benefit of either one.

I am getting a new digital camera this weekend (hopefullu) so I will post pictures ASAP.

Now the next step is trying to find a place to get my setting made. I want to wear it so much already I wish I already had the setting.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results